PDA

View Full Version : Positive Stories on Cellcept!

Happy Camper
03-01-2014, 04:21 PM
So I'm starting Cellcept tomorrow. Of course I'm nervous, always am when taking new medication. I relapsed on Imuran and did not tolerate MTX. Is anyone else on Cellcept and if you could let me know if you are doing well on it. I'm hoping to hear some stories of long remissions :)

Rose
03-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Over 5 years on Cellcept. I take 750mgs twice daily with no noticeable side effects. My insurance would not cover the brand so I take the generic manufactured by Sandoz.. It has been working fine for me but I believe not everyone has the same good results with generics and there are a few on the market. Better stick to the brand one if that is possible. Good luck!

Rose

Happy Camper
03-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Thank Rose. Glad to hear. I always like to hear positive stories, it gives me hope! I'm also starting a generic form. It happens to be same generic that my Dad has been on for many years and he tolerates it really well. That makes to feel good about it!
Tracy

Wegetarian
03-03-2014, 08:20 AM
On a Swedish FB support group page I noticed many were using Cellcept. I think a couple of people I know use it too in addition to RTX with decent results, but I'm not really sure. I'll see them in a couple of weeks when I go for a week to a spa for the second part of a course for vasculites.

Happy Camper
03-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Thx, good to hear! I also just finished 4 rounds of RTX and might do an infusion once every 6months or once a year.