PDA

View Full Version : Immuglobulin Replacement Therapy

Auntie TooToo
03-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Rheumy referred me to Immunologist this week ... possibility I may have to start having Immuglobulin Replacement Therapy. Looking to hear from anyone who can shed some light so I can be educated before I go back for next appointment to discuss results & treatment plan .....

JeanMarie
03-03-2014, 11:15 AM
I've never had it but you should google "IVIG" or look here to start Intravenous immunoglobulin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intravenous_immunoglobulin)

Good luck!

drz
03-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Rheumy referred me to Immunologist this week ... possibility I may have to start having Immuglobulin Replacement Therapy. Looking to hear from anyone who can shed some light so I can be educated before I go back for next appointment to discuss results & treatment plan .....

Have they told the reason for this treatment and how they think it will help you?

Auntie TooToo
03-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Got my results last Thursday 3/6/13 ... final diagnosis "CVID" Common Variable Immune Deficiency, basically lab work shows I have no antiboties or immune system to fight anything! So my Immunologist has recommended that I begin IgG Infusions weekly; no idea how long this will go on, some patients do them forever but he said he has been able to stop in some cases. The goal for the infusions, as explained by all involved {Immunologist, Pulomonary & Rheumy} is to give immune system something to fight infections while allowing me to stay on WG treatment so that I can achieve remission. That has been my problem since diagnosis; I keep getting respiratory infections and rheumy has to stop chemo meds until cleared up and them start dosing all over again. Let's just hope this works because it's way more expensive than any of these other medications!