PDA

View Full Version : Good news of the personal variety

Pmarsh
02-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Hi Everyone.

As many of you may recall, I was diagnosed with WG only a couple weeks after my wedding. This was one tough was to kick of a new marriage. I was far too sick to consider freezing any of my little swimmers, so this meant that we had to put our plans for a family on hold. It's amazing how the possibility of not being able to have children is what made us both really want kids. Sadly we had to wait and hope.

I was advised to wait 1 year after my last dose of cyclo and, although there's not much research into fertility and Rituxan, we thought we should at least wait another 6 months after my last RTX dose. Anyways, I am very happy to say that everything worked out and my wife and I welcomed a healthy baby boy into our family almost a month ago now. We couldn't be happier! However, we could use a little more sleep :unsure:.

I mention this to give some hope to new and especially young members. The current and future drug treatments available will probably allow many of us to live long and relatively normal lives. I still live a little in fear that I might have a flare up and will have trouble looking after my boy and my wife... but I can't worry too much about it as it might not happy for many many years.

All the best to you all.

Peter

Allisonquast
02-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Congratulations. That is wonderful news. We all needed some good news for a change.

marylz
02-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Congrats!! So happy for you!

windchime
02-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Congrats the rewards a were worth the wait.

vdub
02-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Most excellent! Good news is always nice! I understand about the sleep issues.

mishb
02-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Congratulations Peter that is awesome news :thumbsup:

You sure can keep a secret :tongue1:

renidrag
02-26-2014, 12:17 AM
Congratulations to you both and the baby.
Dale

Pete
02-26-2014, 12:32 AM
Congratulations, Peter!! Great news. What's the little guy's name?

Alysia
02-26-2014, 03:52 AM
congrat. Pete :) wonderful news :wub:
and to your cute baby: welcome to our world :) I wish you will have beautiful and peacful life, enjoying your amazing parents.

pberggren1
02-26-2014, 07:56 AM
That is great Pete. I saw you on the news the other day as well.

Debbie C
02-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Congratulations to the both of you ( or should I say the 3 of you ) I hope you are able to stay well for a very long time and enjoy your new family:thumbsup:

annekat
02-26-2014, 12:01 PM
Big congratulations, Peter, to all three of you! And yes, we welcome this good news for a change.

gilders
02-27-2014, 02:19 AM
Congratulations. And yes, it's great to hear some good news!

Pmarsh
02-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone! His name is Samuel. So far he's doing great and gaining weight like a machine. He's certainly a little miracle.

Hey Phil, I'm surprised I was on the national news. Thought it was just local. Busy avalanche winter again!

freakyschizogirl
03-04-2014, 01:41 AM
Hi Everyone.

As many of you may recall, I was diagnosed with WG only a couple weeks after my wedding. This was one tough was to kick of a new marriage. I was far too sick to consider freezing any of my little swimmers, so this meant that we had to put our plans for a family on hold. It's amazing how the possibility of not being able to have children is what made us both really want kids. Sadly we had to wait and hope.

I was advised to wait 1 year after my last dose of cyclo and, although there's not much research into fertility and Rituxan, we thought we should at least wait another 6 months after my last RTX dose. Anyways, I am very happy to say that everything worked out and my wife and I welcomed a healthy baby boy into our family almost a month ago now. We couldn't be happier! However, we could use a little more sleep :unsure:.

I mention this to give some hope to new and especially young members. The current and future drug treatments available will probably allow many of us to live long and relatively normal lives. I still live a little in fear that I might have a flare up and will have trouble looking after my boy and my wife... but I can't worry too much about it as it might not happy for many many years.

All the best to you all.

Peter

Congratulations to you Peter and to your wife and baby Samuel (great name).

I was told a while ago if the RTX didn't work it could be cyclo for me and that meant I wouldn't be able to have children. After hearing that news I've never wanted kids more!
Luckily a few years down the line and 6 infusions later i'm in remission. My husband and I talk about kids but there isn't the hurry that there might have been. Great to hear a positive story and a positive outcome for all.

JeanMarie
03-04-2014, 08:45 AM
wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sjap0655
03-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Congratulations!!