PDA

View Full Version : Wegeners Support

Bobbie Thomas-Reed
02-25-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi. My name is Bobbie Thomas-Reed. I was diagnosed with Wegeners in 2012. I was looking for a support group and am glad to have found you and hope to share & receive support with you all. Please respond. Thank you.

pberggren1
02-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the family Bobbie. Tell us about yourself.

brettgrant99
02-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Hello, I was diagnosed right before Christmas, 2013. I am currently doing Rituxan infusions. I am in Tucson, Arizona. Where are you at?

Ask away.

Debbie C
02-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Hi Bobbie and unfortunately welcome to the "family" ! You have found a great place to get info,vent,ask just ask about any thing you want. There are alot of kind,caring people here and we are here 24-7 since this is a world-wide site.When ever you are ready,tell us your story. Take care

Bobbie Thomas-Reed
02-25-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm in South Holland, Illinois.

me2
02-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi Bobbie,
Welcome to the group. We are an interesting bunch who have a lot of the same things in common and some very interesting differences. Looking forward to hearing more about your story

Dirty Don
02-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Welcome Bobbie, this is the place to be with your dx. Ask any and all questions, share experiences, vent...we've all been there, will be able to offer experiential advice! Best to you!

Pete
02-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bobbie. Hope all is going well for you.

Bobbie Thomas-Reed
02-25-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm doing pretty good physically. I'm prepping for dialysis. The WG has affected my lungs and kidney, but I'm able to function pretty good. I was at once in a coma and the doctor initially diagnosed me with double pneumonia then they found out it was WG.

JenG
02-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Welcome Bobbie!
I'm glad you finally got an accurate diagnosis! I too had several mis-diagnoses of pneumonia prior to doctors figuring what was really going on. Sorry to hear that you are on your way to dialysis--I went through 10 months of that prior to receiving a transplant--over 13 years ago! If you have questions I can dig back into my memory for you! We are practically neighbors (sort of) as I am in Oswego, Il. Where are you going for your doctors?
Good luck and thanks for introducing yourself!
jennifer

vdub
02-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear about you being dx'ed. You'll have lots of questions and this is a good place to ask them. Best of luck on your treatment!

marylz
02-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi Bobbie. Welcome to the forum. I was dx a little over a year ago. I have found an abundance of information and support on this site and hope that you will too. Read thru the archives and ask any questions or vent or whatever. Look forward to getting to know you.

windchime
02-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Bobbie. You'll find a wealth of information and the most loving, warm and wonderful support group on this forum. Please feel free to share a little more of your story if you feel like it.

mishb
02-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Hey Bobbie - glad you could make it, but I'm so sorry you had to be here.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia and you will find people on here from all over the world - which is so handy, it means someone is basically on here any time of the day.

Take care and .............

Alysia
02-26-2014, 04:24 AM
welcome Bobbie, I am glad that you find us. one good thing of having WG, is being a member in the forum.
If you feel like, please tell us, how long are you suffering from WG ? what meds are you taking ?
please continue to write.

MikeG-2012
02-26-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm in South Holland, Illinois.

I'm to your North and west Bobbie! We're about 45 minutes northwest of Rockford.

Welcome to the group!

gilders
02-27-2014, 02:17 AM
Welcome!
Hopefully the dialysis won't be permanent. I've been off dialysis for many years now.

debhaz22
02-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi Bobbie,
Welcome, the people in this group have helped me SO much, they are truly wonderful! Ask anything, they can answer.
I'm from Park Ridge, IL; now in SC.

annekat
02-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bobbie. I was dx'ed in 2011 after more than two years of recurrent sinus and ear problems. When it went into my lungs, I also thought I had pneumonia. It was severe enough to get me into the hospital, which led to my WG diagnosis. You will learn a lot by reading of all our experiences and by doing searches of the archives. You will feel a lot less alone by being here, as we all understand what it is like to have this thing. So please ask any questions, share anything, and use us as a sounding board for rants. We are here for you. I hope to see you involved in some of our discussions soon.