PDA

View Full Version : i hate those blood suckers!!

kieshara
02-22-2014, 06:10 PM
must be the heat.... those buzzing mosquitoes .... i hear them at night buzzing around my head but i cant see them to kill them... then that's not bad enough it it buzzing around me in the morning when i sit in front of the computer... cant get him... they to fast... :predrage: i hate those little vampires.... i got now 4 new bite marks on my leg i didn't had last night..

sorry for this rant... i just got fed up with this iching all over me..

mishb
02-22-2014, 09:01 PM
What is the saying
- if only they sucked fat instead of blood, I would be so skinny now :flapper:

Are there any Countries that don't have mosquitoes? I know that Singapore don't have flies .....or they didn't

Alysia
02-22-2014, 09:58 PM
we don't them very much. the municipality is taking care about that, since the panics of west niles fever.

kieshara
02-22-2014, 10:11 PM
What is the saying
- if only they sucked fat instead of blood, I would be so skinny now :flapper:

Are there any Countries that don't have mosquitoes? I know that Singapore don't have flies .....or they didn't

alaska and iceland dont have mosquitoes.... right?? it would be to cold for them there

Pete
02-24-2014, 02:30 PM
sorry for this rant... i just got fed up with this iching all over me..

Rant away!! That's one of the reasons we're here!

annekat
02-24-2014, 03:20 PM
alaska and iceland dont have mosquitoes.... right?? it would be to cold for them there

I don't know much about Iceland. But I'll bet Alaska has them in the summer. It is a big state and parts of it are warmer than others. Like I know anything, having never been there. But in the summer, the sun can be out 24 hours a day for a time! The little suckers will be out here in western Washington as soon as we have a warm spell and standing water for them to breed in.

kieshara
02-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Jan/Feb is so hot here... you cant breathe... my canary died of the heat just 2 years ago... thats how hot it gets here ... its a extreme heat wave... i cant wait for it to go away

drz
02-25-2014, 07:30 AM

Wrong, Alaska has swarms of skeeters in the summer time that can kill a moose by draining all its blood. Our winters often hit minus 30 F and we have skeeters as soon as we have two weeks above 50 degrees F. Our joke is the state bird of MN and ND is the mosquito and you can use a shotgun to kill the big ones.

The places free of them are deserts with no water and high up in mountain ranges. I doubt Antarctica has them too.

annekat
02-25-2014, 07:48 AM
The places free of them are deserts with no water and high up in mountain ranges. I doubt Antarctica has them too. I had lots of mosquito contact while backpacking in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California when much younger than today. But I think you must be right that the higher the elevation, the fewer mosquitoes. We were up a little in elevation but hiking more between the mountains than up at the tops of them.