PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY way we'll see a cure in OUR lifetime

marta
02-20-2014, 03:46 AM
If you would like to participate in PJ Day this year, there is some incentive.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" Albert Einstein.

This describes how we've been looking for a cure for each individual autoimmune disease. Time to start looking for a common thread and thus a cure for ALL of them.

Contests | Find The Common Thread (http://findthecommonthread.com/contests/)

Let's fix things together. Apart we're just another rare disease, together we are one in five.

Alysia
02-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Dear Marta,
I read your post yesterday b4 I went to sleep but I was too tired to write, so I said to myself: tomorow morning. (you must be still at your same day). and then I saw that you eddited it. I hope I can relate to the previous one as wel...
I am sorry for your family, each having AI disease. must be tough. but it can also be said that you already "find" a "common thread" : that of your famly bonding and love.
you are very convincing. don't worry. it is just that when one is sick, no energy is left for anything, just surviving. where do you get all that energy ? are you in remission ?
anyway, what you are doing is awesome impressing and inspiring. lots of hugs to you.

mishb
02-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Marta, I shared you PJ Day/Common Thread link with our facebook WG Aussie and NZ Group.

Hopefully we can get something together and then we will try and collage all of our photo's to then be posted on your site.

That's the plan at this stage anyway :unsure:

marta
02-26-2014, 06:55 AM
Thanks ladies.

The prize pool is growing, so it might be of interest if you're ever coming this way... there are hotel rooms, and tours and other goodies.

Just trying to get PJ Day outside of my amazing little town and around the world. Awareness and the will to change status-qua only works when enough people participate. I know us Weggies are unique and all, but us Autoimmunies are not, and by working together we might keep our kids and grand-kids from dealing with an Autoimmune Disease that can wreak havoc on their lives.

Contests | Find The Common Thread (http://findthecommonthread.com/contests/)

Thanks for playing along to those of you who are.
Take care of yourselves and get strong for those of you who are not.