PDA

View Full Version : iPad Issue

AC2
02-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me...

I often use my iPad a lot more than my laptop, but visiting this forum cause a bit of an issue.
It's fine to sign in, browse, read threads, etc, but the problem appears when I try to reply. I get to the reply text box, the keyboard appears, I type the first letter, and the keyboard disappears. It wants me to tap in the text box before every letter is typed, therefore breaking up the flow of typing. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to combat it?

If not, sorry I'm not replying to often, but I am visiting & reading.

Thanks.

MikeG-2012
02-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Yes, my iPad sometimes does this. I noticed if you do try to be impatient and let the browser load th page all the way first, it flakes out.

I've had better luck with Google Chrome than Safari on my iPad and this forum.

DJS
02-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm typing this with my IPad and I've never had an issue. The majority of my posts have all been with the ipad

Dennis

AC2
02-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Ok, thanks Mike, I've just installed google chrome to my iPad. At first the issue was still there, then I done something, but not exactly sure what (I undocked, split, etc, from the icon at the bottom-right of keyboard) & now I can type normally.

Going to check it out on safari now too.

Dennis, do you use safari or chrome?

AC2
02-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Test from safari, again, at first it kept closing. Then I held the keyboard icon for a couple of second, & now I can type freely.

Glad the issue is sorted, was really frustrating me.

Thanks.

DJS
02-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Ok, thanks Mike, I've just installed google chrome to my iPad. At first the issue was still there, then I done something, but not exactly sure what (I undocked, split, etc, from the icon at the bottom-right of keyboard) & now I can type normally.

Going to check it out on safari now too.

Dennis, do you use safari or chrome?

My normal way of reading and responding to this forum is with safari. I have chrome that I use for Craig's list hunting, and that s about all.

dennis

andrew
02-12-2014, 02:40 PM
I could (finally) update Tapatalk on the server and then you could use the Tapatalk app on your iPad. Take a look at it and see what you think. I should update it anyways. Will do so in the next few days.

andrew
02-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Alrighty! I've re-installed the Tapatalk app for mobile devices. If you're on a mobile device like an iPhone or an iPad you should get a once-off notification when you access this forum that Tapatalk is available to be downloaded. Once you download and open the app a search for Wegeners will bring up the forum and away you go.

Anyhoo - Tapatalk makes it easy to navigate the forum on a mobile device. That's pretty much it. :)

Didn't get the notification to download? Go to www.tapatalk.com/m (http://www.tapatalk.com/m)

AC2
02-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Excellent. I'm replying now through tapatalk.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alysia
02-17-2014, 05:05 AM
Hi andrew.
I installed tapatalk on my phone (sumsung galaksy2).
then I went back to the forum on my phone. then I pressed the "open an app".
but now it is stuck :sad: when I pressed it, it is written "connecting to server" and it is kind of "rolling" for hours, doing nothing :confused1: so, now I can't find my hands and legs in it :w00t: are you saying so on English too, to mean that I can't find a way to manage it ?
maybe my phone is not fitting to it ?
I can continue like it was b4, just curious how it is with the tapatalk, and challenging my poor computer-abilities :blushing:
anyway, thanks for taking care of the forum so well :thumbsup:

andrew
02-17-2014, 07:15 AM
Hi Alysia
It's likely a network or phone issue. The app needs to connect to the Tapatalk server first before the forum. Try turning your phone off and on and try again.

Alysia
02-18-2014, 04:30 AM
After a lot of trials I've made it. But where are the smileys ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Pete
02-18-2014, 09:32 AM
:)

How's this???

andrew
02-18-2014, 04:30 PM
After a lot of trials I've made it. But where are the smileys ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

When using Tapatalk you have to go back to the old days and make them yourself with a ":" and a ")"

Lilly
02-20-2014, 03:59 AM
I have been using my Iphone occasionally, and that is why I cannot keep up like I would like to with my friends. But I come to my parents and use my Moms Computer. I am waiting on my tax return, which unfortunately is not very much at all, not even $300. But somehow, saving money and pinching pennies I am going to get a inexpensive laptop. Not a cheap one. An inexpensive one, there is a difference....quality! So I have been doing research....I cant wait to be able to be at home and talking and keeping up with everyone at home, each day!!!!! YAY!!! I miss yall, and I miss so much by not being able to look at the site every day. Its too expensive on my Iphone. So I wish the best to everyone, and will talk to yall soon! Peace out! :)