PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for good report.

OJSRLS
02-08-2014, 03:14 AM
:rolleyes1: Have app. with my Reumy on the 11th of Feb. Hoping for good report, but last couple of weeks have not felt good. Sinuses are burning, cough that leaves a metallic taste but lungs sound clear unless I breathe deeply, ears are starting to feel like I'm on the bottom of a deep swimming pool. Hope the ANCA test is neg. but don't have a good feeling about it. Just don't feel like myself. I can't sleep for over 3-4 hours, seldom feel like doing anything, still sweat terribly. More bad days than good. I keep telling the Drs. something is not right. Had this feeling 10 years ago when I had severe stomach pain. Two Drs' said it was pulled muscles. Month later was having 18" of my colon removed. Hope to get some answers on the 11th. I guess even bad news will be better than scratching our heads when I know this is not normal. Hope to get some feed back if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Dirty Don
02-08-2014, 04:26 AM
OJ, so sorry this is happening right now. Sounds a lot like a flare. Drugs aren't doing what they're supposed to do? ANCA isn't a determiner as much as the articles say it is...but it does reflect what's happening w/WG to some degree. Your sed rate and CRP tend to tell more it seems. Best to you on the 11th.

Debbie C
02-08-2014, 04:54 AM
OJSRLS...Is this ruemy familar with wg ?You may also need to get in and see an ent for your ears and sinuses,but it is important they know of this disease in order to get the right treatment. Like Don said the anca result isn't a true sign...mine was neg for a long time. They need to do a biopsy to be definate. If things get too bad you should go to the e.r instead of waiting until Tuesday, it is going to be a long weekend. Do you have a fever when you are sweating ? Did you have Crohns disease before,is that why they had to remove so much of your colon,just wondering beacause my mother had that and they had to remove several feet of her intestines. I hope you start to feel better and the dr. will give you some answers on Tuesday...Good luck and keep us posted

OJSRLS
02-08-2014, 08:10 AM
My colon resection was due to Diverticulitus. So far with a diet change has not shown back up. Have had two colon scopes since the surgery with good reports. Thanks for caring.

pberggren1
02-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Sounds like it could be a sinus infection as well.