PDA

View Full Version : Pre Wegs Pictures

windchime
01-31-2014, 09:20 AM
Here is a pic taken all dressed up to go out for my 21st birthday. It's about the same time I got the diagnosis. Don't laugh at the eye make up afterall it was the 70's.

Lilly thanks for posting your pic and the others too. It's fun to see our "other selves". Good idea Anne.

mishb
02-01-2014, 01:22 AM
So this is me - after kids, but before WG

Don't get too used to it .......I'll be going back to a frog soon :biggrin1: :flapper:

renidrag
02-01-2014, 01:38 AM
Pre wegs, and ongoing problem with being challenged by baldness, which eventually won out. Taken in the Eighties I think.
Dale

Pete
02-01-2014, 01:41 AM
Here I am about six weeks after dx. I had regained only the weight I lost during disease onset, but before the additional 20 pred pounds. The facial hair was a brief experiment. Don't wear the contact lenses anymore, but had worn them for most of 35 years.

MikeG-2012
02-01-2014, 02:30 AM
My current profile pic on the bike is pre-diagnosis. I've avoided most cameras the last two years. Being a videographer and photographer keeps me behind the camera a lot of the time.

Alysia
02-01-2014, 04:33 AM
.......I'll be going back to a frog soon :biggrin1: :flapper:

Of course, Michelle, after all you are a princess :wub:

Cindy and Anne, what a lovely idea :biggrin1:
we are def beautiful weggies b4 wg and after it :love:

NikkiNicole
02-01-2014, 04:55 AM
My picture is pre-wegs too! Good hair, one chin ... I love it. I have also stayed behind the camera since. There are a few ... (very few) pictures on my Facebook that are more current. They were all taken begrudgingly as I never want anyone to see this!

pberggren1
02-01-2014, 12:20 PM
You guys are are all beautiful. But your beauty is not physical, your beauty comes from your soul. I will also try to get a pic of me before Wegs. I will probably have to find someone to scan an older picture.

jola57
02-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Sigh!!! Yup, that's me pre weg.

annekat
02-01-2014, 03:19 PM
You guys are are all beautiful. But your beauty is not physical, your beauty comes from your soul. I will also try to get a pic of me before Wegs. I will probably have to find someone to scan an older picture. Phil, I just took a picture of the picture and saved it to my photo files on the computer. It worked OK. But I don't suppose it would work equally well with all pictures.

Alysia
02-02-2014, 12:55 AM
I will probably have to find someone to scan an older picture.
Phil, you can take a photo of the pic using I-phone or smartphone or other cell-phone who allow you to post the pic to the internet (mail, fb, etc) . you need to take the photo in good light conditions.

Alysia
02-02-2014, 01:07 AM
this thread made me excited at first, glad to see some faces of people that I love :love:

but after the first enthusiasm I feel sad :crying:
I hope that I am not "spoilling" the "party" :blushing:
I just wanted to share my feelings :sad:
I hope that it is ok :unsure:

eventhough wg didn't influence much my appearance (saddle nose, depressing. although I allways though my nose should be smaller, and I here I got it. but I am less 15 kilo, because of colon involvement)

BUT it is the feeling of the loss, of the damages, of getting old and sick, of helpfulness, of the collapsing body, of pain and suffering, of the scary unknown of tomorrows...
Not just about me, but about you my friends that I love.... what else may happen to us ?

not only with how we look, but how we handle living, breathing, flaring or not, the "shakyness" of our exsitence, becomes more vivid and painful and frightenning....

do you understand what I mean and why it made me sad ? (I have tears while writing it now)
I am sorry if it doesn't fit here.

annekat
02-02-2014, 02:22 AM
Phil, you can take a photo of the pic using I-phone or smartphone or other cell-phone who allow you to post the pic to the internet (mail, fb, etc) . you need to take the photo in good light conditions. In my case, I don't have a phone that takes pictures, so I just used an older but good digital camera with 4 megapixels and a flash. The pic went right onto my computer and is now on my desktop where it is easily accessible. It's a fun pic to share.

annekat
02-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Alysia, it is always OK to express your feelings here. I can understand your feeling sad, though it hasn't hit me that way yet. Part of this is it's just fun to see pics of the people we have come to love on here, whether or not they had Wegs at the time of the photo. It does make me sad to think about the future here, that we will have this for life and may see more losses or serious downturns within the group during the time we are still active on the forum. It is perfectly OK to bring up this aspect of looking a pics of our healthy selves, in my opinion.

You are a very sensitive and caring person, and we love you! I have always enjoyed seeing pics of you, on Facebook, mainly, saddle nose or not! Look at Lilly's magnificent pre-Wegs nose and tell me if yours was anything like that. Big noses are not always a bad thing. But your saddle nose, and mine, are not that bad.... I sincerely hope you go into a remission that allows you to consider getting yours fixed, since it would probably improve your outlook a lot, even though you do quite well with it the way it is.

Sending out big love and hugs to you! :love::hug1:

Alysia
02-02-2014, 02:51 AM
Thanks Anne, now I am crying again, but good tears :crying: :love: :hug1:

windchime
02-02-2014, 05:08 AM
Oh Alysia, I'm sorry you are sad. There is a certain amount of the grief process that we go through when we lose something whether it's due to age or illness. It sounds as if that is what you are going through. Also if you are on pred that can also make emotions run high. Whatever the reason I respect your feelings and hope you feel better soon. The future is always scary so it's important to live in the now, which is the only thing we have control of. Try to let go of the what if's about tomorrow. They may never come or come in a way you never imagined possible. If you need to talk more please feel free too. Hugs, hugs and more hugs to you. :hug1::hug1::hug1::love:

PS I look nothing like that pic of me. I did love that dress though. :rolleyes1:

annekat
02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
PS I look nothing like that pic of me. I did love that dress though. :rolleyes1: That dress is to die for! And it looked especially good on you.:w00t:

Alysia
02-02-2014, 04:44 PM
thank you so much Cindy for your kind words :crying: :love: :hug1:
I don't need the pred to be emotional. this is me allways :blushing:

me2
02-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Ok, I tried to add my pic. I am not savvy about this web site. We shall see what appears. If there is a picture then what you see is a guy with WG for 35 years. If there is no pic- well, just think George Clooney
::Well, I have proven my non-savvyness. Some things are not meant to be

mishb
02-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi George, You are looking great :lol::lol:

windchime
02-03-2014, 12:17 AM
There is nothing wrong with emotional. I could get that way before pred too. I love you for who you are. :love::biggrin1:

renidrag
02-03-2014, 01:01 AM
I have been brought to tears on this forum many times. Very emotional for a guy, but that is me. Show me a good chick flick and I'll need the Kleenex more than you.
Dale

annekat
02-03-2014, 03:19 AM
Ok, I tried to add my pic. I am not savvy about this web site. We shall see what appears. If there is a picture then what you see is a guy with WG for 35 years. If there is no pic- well, just think George Clooney
::Well, I have proven my non-savvyness. Some things are not meant to be LOL, Kirk. Somewhere on this site is a pic of you and me in all our Weggie glory, and maybe someday I'll have occasion to repost it. I will report to everyone, though, that Kirk looks quite good, in my opinion, despite being a Weggie in his 50's.

I know every time I change my avatar I have to stumble around a bit to find the right process for doing it. Perhaps someone can outline the exact instructions in a cohesive way; I cannot do it right now without going through it again.

Lilly
02-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Michelle, you are fortunate that you were able to have your children before you got wegeners! Thats so great~ :)

vdub
02-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Mine isn't pre-weg. I'll see if I can dig one up.