PDA

View Full Version : Interesting, I think

Tom
01-30-2014, 06:02 PM
I have heard this before and forgot about it until my oncology appoint last year.
The oncologist mused that its thought that people of European decent tend to have auto-immune diseases such a Wegeners, Arthritis , lupus and so on. People of say, Nordic decent or English tend to have diseases that include MS, Parkinsons, and other neurologic disorders. My great grand parents on my dads side came from France, and moms side I assume was Irish, English or some combo of both given the sir name of Smith and other that could sound a little bit English. The oncologist says he finds that it holds true with his patients not necessarily based in fact.

Another thing I learned while doing my chemo in 2006, I would get ripples on my thumb nails. He told me that each ripple represented each treatment I had. It was one of the effects of the chemo.

Just a couple things I wanted to share although irrelevant. I like fun acts.:rolleyes1:

Dirty Don
01-31-2014, 03:42 AM
Yep, I got the 'event' ripples in thumb and large toe nails...weird. As for regions and their effects on the body...it may be an interesting study for someone to do, but fact is not always truth...so we'll see.

NikkiNicole
02-01-2014, 05:35 AM
I am English, Irish and Native American. I have ripples in my fingernails but have not had that type of chemo.
Weird.

D.B.
02-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm irish/italian. just sharing :)

renidrag
02-01-2014, 11:16 AM
As far as I can tell, totally English. Only WG.
Dale