PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm flaring :(

carriej22
01-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Ugh.

The past few weeks I have had some severe neck pain; but in the past few days it has subsided and my neck is totally back to it's good ol self.

Then, I noticed I was having some breathing difficulties coming up the stairs; and my elbows also have some of those ulcers on them... :(

I just had labs done on Weds and no one called me... So I guess I will have to call them.

Today I was planning my garden and ordering seeds... I really hope that if it is a flare I can correct it before gardening starts :(... I'm so discouraged.

NikkiNicole
01-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Get on them about your lab work! I want you to stay ahead of the flare. Rest my dear, do our usual protocols. I'm around if you want to vent. *hugs*

pberggren1
01-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Ya, I would call them to get the numbers. I still don't understand why you don't get copies e-mailed to you.

Debbie C
01-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Nice pic Carrie. I hope you start feeling better and that your numbers come back fine

carriej22
01-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks Debra

I am so upset. I have been feeling off; but I just put it for other reasons but now that I see the things on my elbows it's like... Nope, this is probably wegener's.

My Dr did call for my labs a month ago and was concerned, but I didn't feel terrible then and it was right before Christmas so I put it off. Hopefully I can get some answers on Monday.. :(

mishb
01-19-2014, 02:29 PM
Carrie, you are NOT allowed to be flaring. :crying:

This sucky disease is supposed to leave you alone for a while........actually, 2014 was my wish for it to leave everyone alone.:razz:

My fingers are crossed that it is just something totally normal and that your lab results are fine.

annekat
01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry, Carrie. If it's a flare, I hope it's easily controlled with a med adjustment or such. Follow Nikki's advice and get lots of rest. Plan your garden from your armchair, stay warm and well fed, and get some good cuddles from the dog and all those cats, and your hubby, of course. You can still garden when the time comes, no matter what.... just take it a little slower and get some help.

Alysia
01-20-2014, 05:47 AM
Hi Carrie,
I hope that it is not a flare. maybe the rash on your skin is related to some gardenning work ?
I think that flaring "needs" some more symptoms: do you have fever ? night sweats ? nose bleeds ? red joints ?
or maybe my "signs" are mine and not other's ?
I hope that you will soon feel better and if it is a flare, I hope that you catch it on time to stop it.

carriej22
01-24-2014, 04:55 AM
Well last night I started coughing up some blood... I don't really have a cough; just a little cough once and awhile. I don't feel too terrible but all these symptoms are making me concerned...

I have not been sleeping well AT ALL lately. I'm nearly off prednisone so I don't know why I can't sleep... However it seems as though I am only getting maybe a combined 3-4 hours of sleep a night, and it's not consecutive sleep - it's on and off.

annekat
01-24-2014, 05:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear all this. When I cough up a little blood, I never know for sure if it's from my lungs or from bloody stuff that dripped down from my sinuses, and I usually conclude the latter. But if this is sudden and unusual for you, you are right to be concerned. I've generally been sleeping well on 9mg. pred, and am sad to hear that is a problem for you right now. I'm wondering if you got your lab results back?

Dirty Don
01-24-2014, 10:24 AM
I would suggest you're flaring a bit and the pred level isn't working for you...blood is NOT good no matter where it comes from or how little one may think it is. Best to ya.

MikeG-2012
01-24-2014, 11:02 AM
If you are breathing is different than normal, and you are coughing up blood, GET TO THE DOCTOR! I didn't for two days 22 months ago, and found out there was lung damage from the wegs.

I am so sorry, but GET THIS CHECKED OUT ASAP!!

I hope its nothing, but it sure sounds like wegs is rearing its ugly head again.

Crossing my fingers for you!

JeanMarie
01-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Carrie, I'm sorry you aren't well--time to call the doc. And about the blood work -- no news is no news --so get the results.

amann8506
01-24-2014, 02:56 PM
I always have to call to get my results! Hope you get some answers soon and feel better:)

windchime
01-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Carrie sorry you are flaring, but do call the doc. Don't wait, especially with the blood. It could be serious and early detection is always best especially with this disease.

Alysia
01-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Hi Carrie,
I echo the others. blood make it a flare with no doubt. please go to your doc asap. I am sending to you lots of hugs and prayers. please update us.

carriej22
01-25-2014, 09:33 AM
I go in on Tuesday to find out more. My doctor is unfortunately only in Mon, Tues, Weds and I don't trust the rest of them... As last time they just passed me around like a hot potato until my doctor was in and gave me things I didn't need.

I should have some answers by then.