PDA

View Full Version : Another Year

Mikek
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
This time last year I'd never heard of Wegener; it's been a steep learning curve as I guess it does to many on here. thanks to all those who've shared their knowledge and experiences with us and may we all have a safe and painfree 2014.

NikkiNicole
12-31-2013, 05:51 PM
This time last year I also had never heard of Wegener's but was in the midst of seeing many doctors, being poked and prodded and scanned. It wasn't until 01/08/13 that Wegener's came into my vocabulary!!!!

Here's to a wonderful 2014 for all of us.

mishb
12-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Wishing you all a wonderful and safe New Years Eve Celebrations. In Australia it has already started for us.

My wish is for you all to have good health and happiness, and a year where all of your hopes and dreams come true.
For those of us that are not feeling the best at the moment, may 2014 find you stress free, healthy and, if possible, free of all medications and/or medical/hospital appointments.

I look forward to another informative and fun filled year ahead.

Debbie C
01-01-2014, 03:30 AM
Mikek, I'm so glad to here from you,I've been wondering how your wife is doing and you also. I hope all is well and wish you both a happy,healthy and blessed New Year.

And I'm with everything Michelle said. I hope this year is better for everyone ( not just us on this forum ) I think the whole world needs a change

Jaha
01-01-2014, 05:12 AM
To all:

Thank you for all the great conversations and info, I have received from this amazing group of people, since joining this forum. May all of you be happy and healthy in 2014! Happy,Happy,Happy New Year!:thumbsup:

Alysia
01-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Hi Mike,
I hope that Jenny is feeling well now. is she ?
this time, a year ago, I was already wg veteran of more then 4 years, but so lonely :crying: I was not here yet, and I was desperate and anxious :w00t: and hopeless...
I wish everyone a healthy year :love: and who knows, maybe this year will bring with it some cure to us ?

http://www.gospelgifs.com/menu_pages/imgs/chapel/pray12.gif

annekat
01-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Mike, I'm so glad to hear from you. I had often wondered about Jenny and you in the last few months. How is she doing? I can only hope she has made great progress under treatment, has gotten used to the side effects of the MTX, etc. Please let us know.

Happy New Year to both of you and all the rest of my dear friends on this forum!!!

Mikek
01-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Mikek, I'm so glad to here from you,I've been wondering how your wife is doing and you also. I hope all is well and wish you both a happy,healthy and blessed New Year.

And I'm with everything Michelle said. I hope this year is better for everyone ( not just us on this forum ) I think the whole world needs a change

Hi Debra, Jenny has had her Pred reduced to 5mg and her MXT increased to 25mg by injection. She doesn't look any better or worse, some good days; some not so good. We just had a nine night cruise holiday which, I think, did her some good. We were warned that it was a bit risky and, towards the end of the nine days, quite a few passengers were getting sick and being confined to cabins. Jenny seems not to have been affected by whatever was going round.
Hope that all is well with you and that 2014 is kind to you.

Debbie C
01-02-2014, 07:23 AM
That's great to hear that she did not catch anything on your holiday. Where did you go for 9 days ?

JeanMarie
01-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Happy New Year to everyone here & may the wegs devil sleep for the entire year!!

Mikek
01-02-2014, 11:50 AM
We cruised from Sydney up to Vanuatu and New Caledonia on Rhapsody of the Seas. The weather was lovely and the beaches great. The only negative was that one of our fellow passengers decided to suicide off the ship by jumping off, we had to wait seven hours at sea whilst they searched for his body.

annekat
01-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Oh, that is awful about the suicide. I'm sorry that had to affect your enjoyment of the trip, but glad it was nice otherwise, and that Jenny didn't catch anything and is doing OK.

Debbie C
01-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Wow, that's pretty crazy. You hear of people getting so drunk and falling off or some foul play and some getting murdered. But why spend so much money to go on a nice cruise just to kill yourself.....he could have jumped off a bridge or something !!!! Did they ever find him ? Do you think he did it on purpose or was he drunk ? No matter it is sad that someone is that bad where they take they own life.

On another note..glad you had a nice holiday, it sounds wonderful,I would REALLY love to see Austraia one day ( HEAR THAT PHIL ) And I hope Jenny continues to stay well and I hope you keep posting more. Take care

pberggren1
01-02-2014, 02:17 PM
I think I heard about that guy jumping off on the news. Was that on a Princess boat?

Yes Deb, I'm rounding up all my girls now......:wink1: