PDA

View Full Version : Update on Carol - got Wegs May 2008

Carol
12-28-2013, 09:39 PM
I haven't been on this site for ages so just letting you know how well I am now 5 years later. I am only on Bactrim twice a week now and do most things normally. I turned 60 yesterday and had a friend play Happy Birthday on the bagpipes and I sprang up and did the Highland Fling much to everyones amusement. I feel very blessed that I have had such a good recovery although it has been a very long and slow process. There are a few factors that I attribute my recovery to - I am retired so did not have the stress of working, I have a productive veggie patch - but then why did i get Wegs with such good nutrition??????, I blessed my medication when ever I took it and I also meditated daily. This is much more healing than just a sleep. I encourage you to try it - there's lots of spoken meditations around and lots of CD's available. Wishing you all better health in 2014 Regards Carol

mishb
12-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Great to see you on Carol.
It has been a while since you posted and I'm glad things are going so well.

Every time a friend mentions going down to the Entrance, I think of you and wonder if you are still down that way and how you are going.

If you are on fb, we now have a Australian & NZ WG Group going. If you were a member of the original Melbourne Support Group, you may know some of the people in the fb Group.

Happy Birthday for yesterday and I wish you continued health for the coming year.

Captian Al
12-29-2013, 01:51 AM
So happy to hear of your recovery/remission. Wishing you continued good health. -Laurie and Darren

Lilly
12-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Hi Carol, I am new here on this great support website. I am glad to hear that you are doing good, that is ALWAYS a good thing! One thing caught my eye when reading your post. The meditation. I am wanting to get into this as part of my daily or weekly routine. I am a spiritual person, and I am basically learning WHO I am, since my divorce in 2010. I have always been a follower, and I was married 20 years, so I really was just following my husband, and never really got to be myself. I am so ready to begin a new chapter in my life. I am 48, and have had wegeners for 23 years. It is "limited" because my kidneys have been pretty much spared so far. I would like to keep it that way! :) I would like to know how you meditate, I am sure it is different for everyone. I guess I am just interested in some things that would help me get started. Dont feel obligated, I was just interested. I wish you all the best. Sincerely,

JeanMarie
01-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Happy Birthday, Carol. Wonderful you are doing so well. ear too!!

annekat
01-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Lilly, there are many techniques for meditation, but the goal is always the same, to quiet the mind, focus on the here and now, and cleanse the consciousness of troubling, superficial, negative, or pointless thoughts that may be interfering with us living a pure and productive life. No doubt others will be able to list other goals or benefits of meditation. For example, some forms may deal with physical issues within the body as well as mental ones. Although the techniques are usually easy, sticking with them and getting the full benefit takes a lot of work and self discipline. I have only dabbled in meditation and have not stuck with it, so I am not a good example, though I did experience some benefits at one time.

Most communities have classes in meditation or groups that "sit" to meditate; it helps to have others there to stick with it. I think most religious traditions have some form of meditation, but it is not required that you follow a religion in order to meditate. For example, I know that some Christians participate in Buddhist meditation, because the benefits are there for anyone, and no one requires you to become a Buddhist.

There are also forms of exercise such as tai chi and yoga that could be considered a form of meditation and will benefit both the body and the mind.

Perhaps I am writing all this to remind myself to start meditating again, or to take a tai chi class, or whatever! Good luck with finding something that works for you.