PDA

View Full Version : It's your birthday

mishb
12-11-2013, 09:59 PM
It's your birthday
I hope you are having a good time. :hug3:

A massive Happy Birthday to Sangye. I hope you are having a good time.

I hope you are pain free and enjoying a wonderful day out with your friends.

We miss your knowledge, wisdom and humour.

I hope you drop by soon, to see all of the Happy Birthday messages that will be following this one:thumbsup:

pwc51
12-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Here is the first of the rest! Best wishes for a great day.
Peter

Pete
12-12-2013, 02:52 AM
Happy birthday, Sangye!! Hope you have a great celebration.

Debbie C
12-12-2013, 04:04 AM
Happy Birthday Sangye,we miss you here,come back and visit us. Hope you have a wonderful B-Day:thumbsup:

annekat
12-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Sangye, Happy Birthday!!! And many more to come!!! You deserve the very best that life has to offer!!!

Jaha
12-12-2013, 06:02 AM
Hoping you have a wonderful,happy and healthly Birthday Day!:thumbsup: We miss you!

carriej22
12-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Happy Birthday Sangye! (I hope I spelled that right - as I certainly am not sure how to pronounce it... I am sure you will forgive me).

Hope your birthday is filled with lots of happy, and treats.

Wegetarian
12-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Happy B-day! I'm a bit late, but I blame it on the time zones :D

:hug3:

annekat
12-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Happy Birthday Sangye! (I hope I spelled that right - as I certainly am not sure how to pronounce it... I am sure you will forgive me).

Hope your birthday is filled with lots of happy, and treats.Yes on the treats! You spelled it right, Carrie, but I, too have never known how to pronounce it..... so, Sangye, if you see this, could you give us some sort of phonetic guidance? I would love to know how to pronounce it correctly. :unsure::biggrin1:

Sangye
12-14-2013, 05:34 AM
Awww, thanks so much you guys!!! Big thank you to Daniel (wegetarian) for PMing me about this thread. I had no idea.
:blushing:

I'm doing okay-- "stable." No real change in any of my symptoms but at least I haven't had any flares or new stuff for a bit. I've certainly had a number of birthdays in far worse shape.

My name is pronounced SAN-gay. The San rhymes with the Fon in fondue. In Tibet the g is either pronounced like in goat, or like in germinate, depending on the region. Sangye means "Buddha." We're given aspirational names by our lamas. :biggrin1:

annekat
12-14-2013, 06:56 AM
So awesome to see you on here, Sangye, and to know how to pronounce your name! Big thanks to Wedgie for alerting you... I was going to but so busy I didn't get around to it. I'm glad you are doing OK. :thumbsup:

rebekah
12-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Happy belated birthday, Sangye! I hope you had an amazing day!! :)

RudiK
12-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Happy Birthday Sangye and all the best. I hope you are doing well, have a great day and many more to come

Debbie C
12-14-2013, 02:29 PM
The history of your name is very interesting.That wasn't how I thought is was pronounced..glad Anne asked. Good to hear you have been doing well.Hope you and everyone here has a great holiday. Christmas will be here before we know it.

me2
12-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Well happy birthday from one of the old timers. I apologize for mentally mispronouncing your name thousands of times. How embaressing. That's what happens when I think I know every thing.

Droonkher Tashi Delek !! (now I sound smart again because I can google happy birthday in Tibetan)

mishb
12-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Glad to see you on Sangye.

I was just saying to vdub, how we miss you on here and how overwhelmed you must be to see so many new people that have been diagnosed.
It must be so hard to keep up and also so sad just to see and read about some peoples path to WG.

I'm on everyday, and I still can't keep up with the amount of threads that are commented on daily.

Alysia
12-14-2013, 06:38 PM
it is not too late to congratulate you2. I wish you lots of health and happiness.
please come to visit more. I hardly know you, but the I still remember for good the info you gave me and others about the pred in stress states. thanks againg for that.

and Wedgi, where are you ? it was such a wise step to PM sangye :thumbup:

Wegetarian
12-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Haha, thanks :) Figured the Michelle might have done it, but also assumed Sangye wouldn't mind if she got spammed with some PM's about her B-day :)

annekat
12-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Haha, thanks :) Figured the Michelle might have done it, but also assumed Sangye wouldn't mind if she got spammed with some PM's about her B-day :) I'm surprised she didn't get spammed! I guess I, too, figured that somebody else would do it.... not that I didn't want to, mind you. Just got busy.