PDA

View Full Version : Saddle nose

curethefluorserveme2
12-10-2013, 02:19 PM
I am new to the forum. I had a septoplasty about 2 years ago and was wondering if anyone on here could relate with me on any of the symptoms I've had

First of all I used to have an arc from the bony part of my nose to the top of my nose. But the septoplasty called for resection that the surgeon cut pretty deep, so one of the physical, noticeable results of the surgery is that I have a dip instead of an arc now between the bony part of my nose and the tip of my nose (after looking at saddle nose pictures on google I would say I fall somewhere in the middle in terms of the severity)

So I was wondering if anyone with saddle nose has had problems with their facial expression / having to raise your upper lip to try to leverage more airflow in compensation for the saddling of the septum? And did anyone have a hard time with the strength of their eyebrow facial muscles as a result of saddle nose? Or any difficulty maintaining their facial expression where they used to not have any problems with that before the saddling (of course I have all of what I just said)

So yeah I am thinking about doing another surgery to try to get my original septum arc back, I feel like it would really help my upper respiratory system, not being able to breath right is tough

Any info is appreciated
Thanks

annekat
12-10-2013, 02:58 PM
All I can say is welcome to the forum.... I have saddle nose but am not experiencing the same things you are. It hadn't occurred to me that it could affect facial expression, and I can breathe pretty well through mine, though I know that others have problems with that. I have not had any surgery but there are others on here who have or who know more about the mechanics of what happens with the saddling and the surgery. Probably no two cases are exactly alike. So hang in there and some of those people are bound to reply.

Alysia
12-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Hi and welcome,
I have saddle nose (go to my profile and say Hi to me there).
but it does not influence my facial expression (and I AM very expressive...)
but it influence my emotions, sometimes I am depressed because of it :crying:
and I don't breath very well through my nose, but not because of the "saddle" but because of "adhesions" deep inside. I will have to do surgery to open them one day...

curethefluorserveme2
12-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Thank you for the replies