PDA

View Full Version : Eye problems: extreme dryness and pain ---

Val1227
12-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Has anyone else dealt with eye problems that are not associated with "uveitis". I have unbearable eye dryness and corneal scratches from lack of tears -- despite being on restasis for 2 years and constantly using eyedrops. My rheumatologist is going to send me to an eye doctor who commonly sees patients with autoimmune diseases--- has anyone else had this problem?

Jaha
12-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Val,

I had to have cataract surgery in one eye because of being on preds for over 3years, thought everything would be fine then but I am constantly having pain and dryness in both eyes. I went to a good eye doctor just last week and he said everything fine but gave me refresh advanced to use. I seem to get the eye problem when I'm not feeling so well. Good luck to you.

Val1227
12-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Thank you for your note --

gilders
12-14-2013, 05:49 AM
I also suffer with dry, painful eyes. MUCH worse at night while in bed. The problems settled down quite well the last couple of years, so there's some hope for you. But now I'm having a relapse the symptoms are back again :angry:

Evie22
12-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Hi Val,

Had 2 Retinal tears and surgery on same , left with extreme Dry eye, use TheraTear liquid gel and Organic Castor Oil, I find the C.Oil gives great relief, and ok things are blurry for a few mins. till it soaks in but I could not live without it