stephwest
11-30-2013, 09:20 AM
hi all.
Can I compare blood tests with you all!
My own on 26th Nov 2013

ESR 17
CRP 6
CRE 57

WRC 13 (bit high possible due to bulging disc in back?)

ALKph 73
GGT 27
ALT 26

Please give a description of above acronyms?
Results where said to be very good for sediment / very good for liver & kidney.
Do you agree ?
Many thanks
S

pberggren1
11-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Your numbers look very good.

stephwest
11-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks- but how do they compare?

pberggren1
11-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Right now mine are a bit lower. The White cells are higher than mine but that's about it.

Alysia
11-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi,
do you have the numbers of the norms in your list of tests results ?
in my list the result is written on a line in which the borders of the norms are marked.
if so, you can always check if you are "inside" the normal range.
as far as I see, you are.
and of course, since Dr. Phil just confirm that your results are good, you can trust him :thumbup:

mishb
11-30-2013, 11:48 PM
I'm not sure that we should all put our numbers up for everyone to see.
It could make some people think that they are worse off than they really are.
Going from some previous posts, the numbers and averages differ in different Countries, so what may be, or seem low to some, may actually be higher or over average to others.

Your numbers Stephen, do look very good though, but that does not necessarily correlate to how you are feeling.

(This is just my opinion, and I have no problems if anyone wishes to post their numbers)

stephwest
12-02-2013, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure that we should all put our numbers up for everyone to see.
It could make some people think that they are worse off than they really are.
Going from some previous posts, the numbers and averages differ in different Countries, so what may be, or seem low to some, may actually be higher or over average to others.

Your numbers Stephen, do look very good though, but that does not necessarily correlate to how you are feeling.

(This is just my opinion, and I have no problems if anyone wishes to post their numbers)

It would be interesting for someone who knows to post the numbers normal range, for the most common blood tests in there own country
For example ----Ireland "CRP 2-10" -----"ESR 5-20" I don't know if theses are right. Can someone correct this.
We need examples from other places eg USA/Aus/UK/Mid East/etc.
Is this a good idea.
Stephen

drz
12-02-2013, 01:44 AM
It would be interesting for someone who knows to post the numbers normal range, for the most common blood tests in there own country
For example ----Ireland "CRP 2-10" -----"ESR 5-20" I don't know if theses are right. Can someone correct this.
We need examples from other places eg USA/Aus/UK/Mid East/etc.
Is this a good idea.
Stephen

Different clinics in same town may use different reference ranges or ways of reporting their data. This is often a a source of confusion and why we ask our doctors to evaluate our results and tell us which areas warrant concern. Most will give you their normal range for all values so you can tell if you are too high or low according to their norms. The trend of different values is usually more important than a single value too.

vdub
12-02-2013, 05:14 AM
I'm with drz and mish on this. It's just too hard to compare even between different labs in the same town. For instance, my sed from just 4 days ago is 1 on a scale of 0 to 15. My CRE is 0.8 on a scale of 0.1 to 0.9. So we can see they are very, very different from the results you are getting.

At one time I was going to track my monthly blood results on a spreadsheet. But, during the winter, we move around a lot in our RV and I rarely have my blood taken at the same lab. I found out pretty fast that trying to track the results or trying to convert the results to a standard range was futile, so I gave up on it.

mishb
12-03-2013, 11:55 PM
I will give you an Aussie example.

I have kept all of my blood test reports in a folder.

The average for ESR in 2010 was between 0-20
The average for ESR in 2013 is between 3-12

The average for CRP in 2010 & 2013 is between 0-5

It's all too strange