PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, not to Wegener's

Michelle
11-30-2013, 04:28 AM
Hi all,
My name is Michelle. I am 34, married, and have 3 beautiful children. I live in Dallas, TX. I was diagnosed with Wegener's in Oct of 2008. So I just celebrated my 5 year mark. I am in remission through the lovely use of cytoxan and prednisone. My kidneys did suffer and are only at about 18% function so I still worry about them a bit. I see a nephrologist, pulmonologist, and ent here in Dallas but that's all. No formal weg doctor. My nephrologist is my main doc. I keep debating if I should go up north but it's just so expensive. I've poked around on here since my diagnoses and finally decided to join. So Hello! It's nice to meet y'all.

Michelle

annekat
11-30-2013, 04:46 AM
Welcome, and nice to meet you, Michelle! I got my WG under control with the same meds you did and also do not have a formal WG doc. But others will say you should have one and there are ways of having your doc consult with one. It sounds like you are doing well and in remission, though, so congrats on that! I have not had kidney involvement so can't address that. This is a great place to hang out, get info and support, share experiences, and make friends who are going through some of the same things. I'm glad you decided to join!

windchime
11-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Welcome Michelle and congratulations on the remission. I'm just starting treatment so I hope to have the same success as you. Same drug cocktail also. Glad you decided to join.

Alysia
11-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi Michelle,
welcome to the forum. we already have Michelle here, who is like rock in this weggie family, so your name is good one to join in :thumbup:
I have wg exactly the same time as yours. no kidney involvement, thanks God.
I am glad that you are in remmision. my wg was smoldering all this years, never in remmision. last year I needed rtx to stop deterioration and it does marvelous job.
I wonder why you didn't join here as a friend all this years and only now...

mishb
11-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Well it's really strange to say this, but, Welcome Michelle :biggrin1:

It's about time you got on here and stopped all of the lurking :flapper:
Seriously, I'm glad you are here.

Congratulations on remission, that is awesome.

Now, don't be a stranger anymore .......we look forward to your input from now on :thumbsup:

(Maybe I should change my signature to Mish now, which is what most of my friends call me anyway :wink1: )

Allisonquast
12-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Welcome Michelle! You'll. love all the information sharing and encouragement you get from all these great folks !

Michelle
12-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Thank you everyone. I am excited to be able to share and ask now. Instead of just guessing and assuming.

Jaha
12-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Welcome Michelle,

Glad you are sharing with us. Good wishes to you!