PDA

View Full Version : Checking In

Psyborg
11-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Sorry I haven't been on as much lately. It looks like there is a bunch of new folks that have joined /waves

Anyway, I seem to be doing well, and that probably has a big impact on not keeping up...in spite of me thinking it wouldn't :scared: I recently had pulmonary rehab, and that really helped me to discover my breathing issues with excertion, and if I pay attention to how I'm supposed to breath I am able to exercise fairly normally. Albeit it is going to take a while to recover the strength I've lost.

I wanted to just check in, and let you know I still think about you folks regularly :biggrin1:

Tom
11-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Hello, I've been out of the loop for a while also but I do lurk once in awhile. I get so tired so easy anymore. I have been thru rehab twice now and I was asked by my new pulmo last year if I would do another stint but its just too far to drive 2 or 3 days a week and gas is high. I know what I have to do but the lungs aren't cooperating. Stay well!

Pete
11-27-2013, 02:07 AM
Was starting to wonder about you, Bob. Glad to read that everything is going ok. How's the new job going?

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Sjap0655
11-27-2013, 07:01 AM
HI Bob,

I'm one of the new ones but I'm in OHIO! Just wanted to say I'm glad your doing well and look forward to meeting you at the next Ohio group!

woz
11-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Keep up the good work, I have also been a little quiet lately, things seem to be going well for me as well, so far (fingers crossed), all the best for the future, don't forget, there is only a few sleeps until Santa arrives, so I hope you have been good?

Regards Woz. We''ll be friends till we are old and senile........and then we'll be new friends.

mishb
11-27-2013, 11:53 PM
Wow, there are a few of you Ohio'ians out there........something in the water over your way ? :wink1::unsure:

So glad that things are looking up for you Bob and extra nice to hear from you.

Hopefully the New Year brings some wonderful health changes for you

annekat
11-28-2013, 05:11 AM
Thanks for checking in, Bob! It's always nice to hear that someone is doing pretty well. There are some other members we haven't heard from in awhile, and I hope some of them will post with an update soon! There are two in Oz I can think of right off the bat, and one or two in the UK, and I'm sure there are some elsewhere that aren't coming to mind immediately but will as soon as I submit this post!

Hammy8241
11-28-2013, 05:32 AM
'Feeling bad' !!

I've not checked in for a long time either :)

Happy to report that since I managed to get the RTX and within four months, my head has got rid of the constant 'fog', Pred is down to 2mg(from 15mg) and will be reducing again soon, feeling much better overall, still fat but face thining and I am begining to get more energy. I was a runner but not able to run over the past 4 years but am now slowly building up my strength on the treadmill.

marta
11-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Wow, Bob, Hammy, so nice to see your words. I too have been off busy with everything under the sun, but lurk from time to time. I'm so happy to hear you're both doing so well.

I'm at 1.75mg of pred and about to drop another .25. I learned my lesson on pred dropping from Sangye, and my doc is very cautious. We don't do RTX unless I'm really in trouble and we wean slowly. I read in a paper she passed to me that with each flare it is more difficult to go back to remission, so we are avoiding flaring like we avoid the plague. Conservative baby steps.

My GP also wanted to put me on a puffer because my lung function tests aren't so great, but I want to avoid adding stuff to the mix. I took a breathing course about two months ago, and you do this special breathing technique for about a half an hour each day (that I've fallen behind a week or so because of how busy life is) but I think that has helped me a ton. Art of Living Course | The Art Of Living Canada (http://www.artofliving.org/ca-en/art-living-course) and there is some solid science backing up some of the claims that Sudarshian Kria makes. Here's one example... Genetic Evidence of Yoga?s Impact on the Immune System | The Art Of Living Canada (http://www.artofliving.org/ca-en/genetic-evidence-yogas-impact-immune-system) I have more but they're on my other computer.

I miss you guys, I miss laughing together and learning together and getting back to normal together.

Speaking of normal, yesterday I managed to put my wedding ring back on after three years off my finger due to pred swelling. I'm so stoked.

Hugs and hugs and hugs.

marta

Hammy8241
11-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Hey Marta, bet your husband is stoked too :) Mind you, you'll have to tone down the 'flirting' with the ring on and stop remember to remove it when hitting the singles bars ;)

I understand your caution with the pred. Before RTX, I would blow up every time i tried to get under 10mg, but with it, it is going down easily (Famous last words!) with no bad affects at all.

Take care. xx

marta
11-29-2013, 05:38 AM
Flirting? How can one flirt while on pred?
Not that I'd flirt with others but sure would be nice to flirt with my hubby. As for the singles bars, I only dance (ok, ok, drink a few shots and dance...)

Here's to all of us being off pred and all the other stuff. Just high on life.

xxx back at ya.

pberggren1
11-29-2013, 06:53 AM
A couple nights ago at the bar a girl was buying me tequila shots.......:love: Not too much dancing was done after.

drz
11-30-2013, 08:57 AM
A couple nights ago at the bar a girl was buying me tequila shots.......:love: Not too much dancing was done after.

Phil, were you wearing those sexy new glasses?

pberggren1
11-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Ya, that could have been a part of it drz......lol

Psyborg
12-19-2013, 03:25 AM
Apparently I'm good for checking in about once a month. Honestly, I check in more often, but I do lurk a bit because I find the sheer number of messages a bit daunting at times. :p

Still doing ok...though I've been struggling at 2mg of pred...doc bumped me back up. Nasty pain in my hands and some in my neck. Otherwise I feel fine and am even managing to hit the gym still. Maybe I have developed a bit of arthritis in the last year.

annekat
12-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Hi, Bob... I spend an awful lot of time on the forum, and on the computer in general, when I need to be doing other things, so I understand your lurking tendency of late! It may come to that for me, too..... Glad to hear you are doing OK but sorry about the weird pains in hands and neck.