PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Indian Food?

gunnyl
11-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Seems some research is being conducted and our disease is almost non-existent in certain parts of Asia. Turmeric has been shown to seriously reduce inflammation and that is a trigger if not a cause of a lot of Vasculitis Diseases as well as Cancer.
Here is a PDF for some research that was done and I am going to start digging further into it. But I thing Vegetarian Curry is on my menu!

http://www.parklandhospital.com/medical_services/medicine/pdf/03_%20Aggarwal-%20Targeting%20Inflammatory%20Pathways.pdf

JeanMarie
11-20-2013, 08:14 AM
and sprinkle a little more turmeric on my tofu scrambles! Certainly worth a try!

pberggren1
11-20-2013, 10:09 AM
I love Indian food. In fact there is an Indian restaurant right beside the pool hall/pub I hang out at.

annekat
11-20-2013, 12:31 PM
I use a fair amount of curry in everyday cooking, so sounds like that could be a good thing. I like Indian food OK. Someone posted about an anti-inflammatory supplement that contained a lot of turmeric and was recommended for sufferers from AI diseases. I don't remember the name of the thread or who it was, but it was fairly recent.

renidrag
11-20-2013, 03:29 PM
My daughter is huge Tumeric fan. Does not get along well with Warfarin
Dale

D.B.
11-21-2013, 04:15 AM
not big fan of indian food but like tumeric and love ginger (same family). i consult w r who practices eastern medicine and she gave me lists of foods to "cool" me down. and foods to avoid. all can be found in traditional eastern medicine books. also Dr Weil has good book. he says reach for the rainbow. i say eat the rainbow lol and no not the skittles rainbow.

D.B.
11-21-2013, 04:28 AM
here are some foods to avoid as they promote "dampness". dairy, wheat, oj, tomato juice, bananas, and peanut butter. i really miss PB.

annekat
11-21-2013, 04:50 AM
here are some foods to avoid as they promote "dampness". dairy, wheat, oj, tomato juice, bananas, and peanut butter. i really miss PB. Oh, geez, bananas and peanut butter are staples for me. Doing better with wheat, but still using dairy in the form of yogurt. Eating more veggies is a big one for me. Have them on hand, just need to use them. I eat eggs every couple of days and chicken or fish when I have it, but I avoid mammals for the most part. Also eat tofu on occasion. Not really strict on anything. I feel that whatever I eat, someone is going to say it is bad.

Dina, what is meant by "dampness"?

D.B.
11-21-2013, 05:20 AM
dampness is one of six energies that influence the environment, which has reflection on our internal body climates. too much not enough can upset balance of health. dampness moistens and nourishes but also clogs and obstructs. excess dampness symptoms include sluggishness and stagnation. mainfests with thick coated tongue

annekat
11-21-2013, 05:39 AM
Thanks, Dina. We certainly have dampness around here. Although today is another beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest! I know you don't mean the weather, though. Worth looking into.

D.B.
11-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Thanks, Dina. We certainly have dampness around here. Although today is another beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest! I know you don't mean the weather, though. Worth looking into.
welcome. its sunny here in new england air is crisp. i hsve coysin would mived 20 yrs ago shes on whidbey island now.
btw blackberries on the "good" list :)

annekat
11-21-2013, 09:42 AM
welcome. its sunny here in new england air is crisp. i hsve coysin would mived 20 yrs ago shes on whidbey island now.
btw blackberries on the "good" list :) Nice place, Whidbey Island. My dad lived in San Juan Islands in the summer and Palm Desert, California in the winter. Stepmom still does that and golfs in both locations. I guess I'd call it sunny and crisp here, too, today. And for the next few days, a fair amount of sun is forecast, which means colder temperatures overall, this time of year. Yes on the blackberries!

D.B.
11-22-2013, 02:36 AM
kinda bummed about dinner last night. went to awesome new restaurant uin town and they had thai spicy curry butternut squash soup. got me thinking of this thread! but alas it was too spicy for me to try. 6 out of 10 on spicy scale. boo! was hzving mouth issues so no way. i did have some wasabi on fried green beans tho

annekat
11-22-2013, 04:04 AM
I can get the organic butternut squash at the booth next to me at the Olympia Farmers Market and make it myself! (But do I do it? No, but this gets me thinking.)

D.B.
11-22-2013, 04:27 AM
I can get the organic butternut squash at the booth next to
me at the Olympia Farmers Market and make it myself! (But do I do it? No, but this gets me thinking.)
ok baby steps for you lol thinking good start. love farmers markets! what do you have at your booth? since prednisone is making me feel active i have been shopping and cooking alot. kinda theraputic for me. BF is meat lovef so i get creative to get him to like veggies. like my chili rellanos. i put small dice butternut blk beans corn onions cilantro red peppers, top w pumpkin seed pesto and serve in pool of smoky blk bean sauce. he LOVED it! perhaps inspiration will come to you

annekat
11-22-2013, 04:40 AM
ok baby steps for you lol thinking good start. love farmers markets! what do you have at your booth? since prednisone is making me feel active i have been shopping and cooking alot. kinda theraputic for me. BF is meat lovef so i get creative to get him to like veggies. like my chili rellanos. i put small dice butternut blk beans corn onions cilantro red peppers, top w pumpkin seed pesto and serve in pool of smoky blk bean sauce. he LOVED it! perhaps inspiration will come to you Oh, man, that sounds good! You are quite the chef. Occasionally I will get a free squash from my booth neighbors, but either way, I get a good deal. I love chile rellenos, too, but only manage to eat them in Mexican restaurants!

I sell my handmade pottery at the Market. It can be tough going, with good sales or very slow ones, depending on time of year, weather, etc. Christmas sales are coming up and weather looks good for this weekend. Cold, but sunny.