PDA

View Full Version : GPA/WG and ME

stephwest
11-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Just a thought I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome now called ME (ME stands for myalgic encephalomyelitis. Myalgic means muscle aches or pains. Encephalomyelitis means inflammation of the brain and spinal cord, 35 years ago. Did anybody else???

mishb
11-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi Stephen,

I had Glandular Fever (also known as Infectious Mononucleosis (Mono)) some 20 years ago which also borderlines on Chronic Fatigue.

I can't remember the aches and pains being as bad as WG but the fatigue/tiredness/flu like symptoms, in my opinion, was more significant than WG.

I'm not sure that this means anything though, in relation to us know being diagnosed with WG.

windchime
11-20-2013, 01:37 AM
Hi Stephen,

I had Glandular Fever (also known as Infectious Mononucleosis (Mono)) some 20 years ago which also borderlines on Chronic Fatigue.

I had mono at 16 with a relapse at 18. Nasty little disease. A precursor to WG?

stephwest
11-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Encephalomyelitis means inflammation

I was more interested in the inflammation aspect and is it connected?

Dirty Don
11-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Encephalomyelitis means inflammation

I was more interested in the inflammation aspect and is it connected?

Probably not as WG is not just the inflammation, it is the formation of granulomas around blood vessels which choke/starve the vessels eventually. Inflammation is the AI reaction in terms of what to attack...and the AI knows not what to attack as the granulomas aren't really infecting anything...just choking. Yikes!