PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice..:

Kellie613
11-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Hello, I called my Rheum's office this morning to get results of my last ANCA test. She was busy doing rounds at the hospital today. I spoke to her receptionist, who read the results to me. Since this is fairly new to me I'm really not sure what this means. I can call the doc back on Monday, but, I would like to know for the weekend :) thanks, if anyone can shed some light on this.
How it was first explained to me back in my early diagnosis was that my ANCA results were 1000+. The second test after was less and the third was down to 72 and this one was -10. It's this last one that doesn't make sense to me. Why is it negative? Receptionist says there is mild activity.
Thanks for your time :)
Kellie

pberggren1
11-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I have no idea what those numbers mean. I assume your are PR3 positive?

Alysia
11-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi Kelly,
the ANCA results are not the only indicator to your state.
more important is how do you feel ?

Kellie613
11-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Thanks Alysia, I am feeling much better these days!

Kellie613
11-10-2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks for your reply Phil. I will call the doc myself on Monday :) I am feeling much better, so I'm hoping that's a good sign :) I think if my bloodwork was showing something not quite right, she would have asked for me to make an appointment. She is always good for follow ups :)

DJS
11-10-2013, 04:53 AM
My wife's rheumie will call if there is something unusual with her blood tests. My wife has to drive about 30miles one way for a monthly blood draw and her doc called before she got home. I might add that she does a monthly blood draw and sees the doc every third month.

Kellie613
11-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Thank you DJS. Yes, mine is very good as well. I guess it's all still pretty new to me. If she felt I needed to see her she would have let me know. I just like to know every test result is all :) knowledge is power! Haha!!
i hope your wife is keeping as healthy as can be. I feel very good these days :)
Kellie.

DJS
11-10-2013, 12:27 PM
My wife feels great, she has been off all drugs since August, that is when her white count dropped to zero, and the doc called and had her stop the last drug.

DJS
11-12-2013, 12:20 PM
My wife feels great, she has been off all drugs since August, that is when her white count dropped to zero, and the doc called and had her stop the last drug.
That will teach me to open my mouth. About one minute after I wrote that she complained of a sore throat. Then she spent the next two days in bed with a bad cold/flu. Today she asked me to take her in for a blood test. Then she called her doc for advice. She was told she has what is going around. Scary part of GPA is you never know for sure, am I dying or just sick! And she did start an antibiotic but no effect on the flu.

Alysia
11-13-2013, 05:28 AM
That will teach me to open my mouth. About one minute after I wrote that she complained of a sore throat. Then she spent the next two days in bed with a bad cold/flu. Today she asked me to take her in for a blood test. Then she called her doc for advice. She was told she has what is going around. Scary part of GPA is you never know for sure, am I dying or just sick! And she did start an antibiotic but no effect on the flu.

Hi DJS,
I am sorry for you and for your wife. I hope she will recover soon. she is lucky to have you around her. stay strong.

Geoff
11-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi Kellie,

First of all I think its safe to say you are on the mend given the huge swing in your ANCA results. Mine was initially near 800+ and is now down to about 1. I believe you can display ANCA positive and negative so dont worry too much about that. Alysia is right when she says simply "How do you feel?" The ANCA test is not a definitive blood test but it does give an indication as to how your illness is moving. There are a whole lot of other issues to consider, as Phil has mentioned.
You might like to keep a diary of how you feel from day to day which might help to spot trends and also serve as a usefull 'tool' when you next see your Doc!

D.B.
11-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Hello, I called my Rheum's office this morning to get results of my last ANCA test. She was busy doing rounds at the hospital today. I spoke to her receptionist, who read the results to me. Since this is fairly new to me I'm really not sure what this means. I can call the doc back on Monday, but, I would like to know for the weekend :) thanks, if anyone can shed some light on this.
How it was first explained to me back in my early diagnosis was that my ANCA results were 1000+. The second test after was less and the third was down to 72 and this one was -10. It's this last one that doesn't make sense to me. Why is it negative? Receptionist says there is mild activity.
Thanks for your time :)
Kellie
hi kellie. what are u taking for meds? readings >1000 are not that common so i am told by dr.

DJS
11-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Blood test was Monday, Wednesday she wanted a chest x-Ray but she couldn't get a appointment but this morning she she had me take her to the ER in Maple Grove where she got a x-Ray and a fluid IV. Dr told her she has a bad cold and no more, go home and rest. Wegs has turned her into a worry wort!