View Full Version : where can i Find A WG Doc?

07-29-2009, 06:37 AM
the current Doc which has been treating my mother has only worked with 25 Weg patiants since 1980. How Can I find a doctor with more expierence?

07-29-2009, 06:54 AM
I'm so glad you found that out now! That's an average of one Weggie per year-- awful. And, there's no telling how much care s/he provided, or the quality of it. You're wise to find an expert.

First, call the Vasculitis Foundation (http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org/) and ask for help. This is a routine service they perform. They might know of a specialist near you. They can at least find you a VF consultant doc (a Wegs specialist) who will consult with a local doc on an ongoing basis, all for free. These consultations are invaluable. They're not just general advice. They'll discuss your mom's case in detail and consider her special needs.

The VF consultant might be in another state. Sometimes, Weggies who are treated in this way make occasional trips to see the VF doc for more personalized care.

My doc--Philip Seo at Johns Hopkins-- is a VF specialist. As far as I know, he only treats Wegs. You can't beat that kind of experience. You want to go to someone like that. My first appointment with him was at 11:00 am. I was his 5th Weggie of the day.

07-30-2009, 04:19 AM
I received a call the other day from someone ( I forget names) from the vaculitis foundation thanking me for my support but also offering a call back number if I have any questions or are in need of any help. This is a great way to start looking for the help needed.
I should actually take my own advice......
Lisa Coffeelover