PDA

View Full Version : Saw my cardiologists today

Debbie C
11-05-2013, 12:48 PM
NEED TO VENT AGAIN.....Well I had my yearly check up with the heart dr. and he pissed me off. He didn't have both feet in the door and was looking down at my file and said "Looks like you have anxiety to me " I wanted to choke him. Granted I do but it isn't as bad as they say. I replied yea I do, but I don't have it as bad as I used too when I was first diagnosed with a disease that could potentuly kill me..in fact I think I am handleing it quit well. I asked him if he ever heard of Chinese facial reading and he said that's a bunch of crap, wellllll I told him it's a technique that has been around thousands of years and there was an article about it in the Medical Journal of Cardiology (which I brought with me !!)which I thought he might have read it.His atitude changed and said there may be something to it but there are all sorts of medical technigues.I told him with my disease it effects the vessels that go to all my major organs and I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting any blocked arteries since I was having a hard time breathing and chest pains. My boyfriend had to have a 5 valve bypass at age 49 that almost killed him ( he had the same dr. ) So Friday I am scheduled for a stress test and have to have more blood work done Wed. to check my thyroids out.Doctors..gotta love em:mad1:
I have to take my mother back to the pcp tomorrow ..we see the same one ,so I will get the results of my bloodwork for the C.C. but she is so sick.She won't eat,just keeps throwing up,very dizzy and hasn't been out of bed since they let her out of the hosp. I'm gonna see about her getting put back in if only to get some fluids and food into her.
I am getting so stressed out over all these drs. appts and her being sick ..I'm just exhausted and I look around and have so much I want to get done before it gets cold.
O.K. done venting..no replys necessary ,just had to get it of my chest and pray everyone is doing better today or tonight ..wherever you may be !!!

pberggren1
11-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Oh Deb, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is still not doing well. I'm sure that is the bulk of your stress. Your mom needs to eat to get nutrition in her...that is a must. There must be a reason she is throwing up all the time too.

And I'm sorry you have a cardiologist with an attitude. Batman is an expert at attitude adjustments.

Have you had an echo done of your heart Deb?

Alysia
11-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi Debra,
thanks for sharing.
I am glad that you were brave enough to insist about your own with that doc :thumbsup:
but I am sorry you are going through so much tough things at once :crying:
I think that if your mom continue to vommit, it is beter to take her to the hospital, because of risk of dehydration.
you are such a good and devoted daughter. I admit I am far from being as good as you are to your mom.
take care of u2. I am sending you my love and big hug. :hug1:

mishb
11-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Deb, I hope things start to settle down for you soon.

I agree that your mum should be in hospital so that they can also get her back on track.

Sending healthy prayers for your and your family.

Debbie C
11-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Thank you all for your concern ( as always, you guys are great ) took my mom to the pcp they were going to try to direct admit her but there were no rooms so had to go thru the emergency room. Was there until midnight last night before she got a room and then she called me at 7:00 a.m. crying ,saying her blood pressure is high and she is scared and wanted me to come up. Thankfully my brother went up...the "princess" wasn't jumping out of bed for it.
My heart dr. cancelled my stress test for Fri.said I had one done not long ago and I am fine....little does he know how "stressed out I am "
But I have to go get get ready to take my Jeep in for a once over, then go to the dentist for a filling then back to the hosp. All I want to do is curl up on the couch, I have a killer headache.........Done venting!!!

Andrew...maybe we need a section just for venting !!!! Take care everyone and have a great day :smile1:

pberggren1
11-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Do me a favor and punch your heart doc in the face the next time you see him and say: That was the result of my own stress test.....lol.

Alysia
11-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Hi Debra,
it is too much stress... :sad: what can I say ?
I am sending you my love and big hug :hug1:
and continue venting.... you are doing it lovely.

Debbie C
11-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Well here I am again. Had to go rush back up to the hosp last night, my mother had a allergic reaction to morphine and was scratching and jumping around like a crazy woman. When we (my brother and I ) first got there she was on her hands and knees outside her bed crying and praying for this too all stop. I called the dr.and had him paged...he had the nurse give her some meds and I made them wash her down then she fell asleep. But it took a couple of hrs. and the thing was they didn't even know this was going on and her room is right next to the nurses station. So they got the wrath of me when it was all said and done.THEN,I had to go to the jeep dealer, I have a hole in my transmission core line and is going to cost over $ 300.00. Well I was not in the mood for that and I gave them hell since I paid $1000.00 for extended warranty and nothing is ever covered. They told me to keep the loaner car and they would see what they could do. Today they said if I pay the $ 100.00 deductible they would fix it. They still have it,Mom is doing much better and today I spent the day curled up on the couch ( had a bad headache ) but it felt good to do nothing.That was the day in my life !!! I hope ya'll had a great day !

Phil, that would be a great stress reliever...I wish I could punch alot of people right now..I'm sure I would feel sooo much better !!!

pberggren1
11-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Usually when I feel like punching someone or get mad like that I pray the Rosary. Nothing makes me feel better than the Rosary, except the Holy Eucharist of course.

What exactly is a transmission core line? What is the year and model of your Jeep? Is this a cooling line perhaps? Dealers always charge a lot for labor. My brother is a parts manager at a Ford dealer and his shop charges 135 bucks per hour.

And raise a little hell with the manager of the nurses as well and keep going up the ladder until you get good results.

Debbie C
11-08-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm like you too Phil.I won't actually come out and hurt someone. I spend the time either praying or crying !!!
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty. I have a few mechanic friends I usually take it too but I thought it might be covered ( it's considered a hose) But now for $ 100.00 it's alot less hassle than having someone else do it

pberggren1
11-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Ya, a 100 bucks is nothing now a days to fix a car. My brother in laws 2005 BMW X5 that he had until last year had an oil leak and coolant leak at the same time and it cost him 10 grand to get it fixed. Then he had to put tired on and that was 2800. So then he sold it for 16 grand then got a new one for 85 grand.......:ohmy:. His family car is a MB CLS AMG 63, that was about 140 new but nothing compared to the Lambos that run from 270 to 440 new.