PDA

View Full Version : New member

mandy
11-05-2013, 05:33 AM
hi all. first time here. my dad was diagnosed with Wegner's about a month and half ago. his kidneys were affected, but after only 2 sessions of dialysis and meds (cyclophosamide) he is doing a lot better. his kidney levels went from 9.8 to 2.2 up to last wednesday. it has been a difficult change for him, from doing almost anything to being weak and careful now. but thank God he is still here. We are from Trinidad in the caribbean, and Wegners is rare in the Caribbean, but the doctors at the private hospitals were great and continue to work with him to ensure a normal life as possible. my heart goes out to all of you and i was able to read about so many who are worse than my dad. i wish that there was a cure for all of u. life is so unfair at times but i wish everyone the best and hope u get the best treatment possible.

pberggren1
11-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Welcome Mandy, I hope your dad continues to improve.

annekat
11-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Same from me. And I hope you will join in as many of our discussions as you feel like doing. I find it therapeutic and comforting to spend time on this forum. All the best wishes to your dad for continuing recovery and eventual remission.

Alysia
11-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Hi mandy.
welcome to the forum. thanks God your dad is improving. I hope he is on his way to long lasting remission. untill then, he is blessed to have you, caring for him.