PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone familiar with Digestacure?

HawaiianPrincess
10-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Here's the link:

Digestaqure | Addressing the Root-Cause of Autoimmunity (http://www.digestaqure.com/)

I just read about it online, and a friend had suggested it for my husband. It's supposed to be an all natural pill targeted for autoimmune diseases. Has anyone tried it? I'm skeptical, but willing to try anything to make him feel better.

Dirty Don
10-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Stay skeptical...there appear to be many such assisting remedies out there. Just remember...so far...the only real thing that has even addressed this variant disease are the drugs developed, discovered, and administered to almost all of us. If there are few if no side effects tho, it may be worth trying...every body and reaction is different.

annekat
11-01-2013, 02:08 AM
The site uses a lot of words to try to say how this works, but I did see some reference to "leaky" intestinal walls, which let food particles into the bloodstream which can cause autoimmune reactions. That would be the "leaky gut" syndrome which has been discussed a bit on here and which some address by eliminating gluten and other foods from the diet, and by introducing foods that promote healing of the gut. There was a thread on here recently about that entitled "If only I knew 2 years ago what I know now", or something like that.

I couldn't stick with the verbiage of the site long enough to read it all. I can't imagine it would hurt anything to try the supplement, though I don't doubt that it is expensive. But Don is of course correct that we need to rely mainly on the meds that have been proven to hit Wegs hard. Anything else we try is on the side and is probably OK as long as it is not harmful to us and will not stimulate our immune systems to possibly do more damage. I'm really not knowledgeable about "alternative" methods and don't use them to speak of, just take the usual vitamin and mineral supplements at this point. But I am open to knowing about helpful or effective things that may be hidden or ignored by the medical community.

I'm reading a book by Dr. Susan Blum called The Autoimmune Recovery Plan or something close to that. There is also one called Wheat Belly, which is popular, but I haven't seen a copy of. These both address how diet can cause or affect autoimmune reactions in our bodies, and other health issues, and you might be interested in reading them.