PDA

View Full Version : Anca 176.5!!!

Dorothea
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM
I went to my rheumatologist this morning,he said ANCA was the highest he had ever seen! all of my x-rays came back normal(lungs,sinus). And my ct scan of my kidneys came back clear. I still have traces of blood in my urine so i have to go to a kidney dr. to get a biopsy. Anyway my question is does anybody know if ANCA does point to Wegeners? He believes they caught it in the early stages,since there is no damage to my organs. Any opinions please?1:crying:

pberggren1
10-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Oh yes, usually ANCA does point to Wegs. Have you not had a diagnosis of Wegs yet? I ask this because it seems odd to order biopsy unless you have no history with ANCA? You were recently diagnosed, right?

drz
10-31-2013, 06:58 AM
I went to my rheumatologist this morning,he said ANCA was the highest he had ever seen! all of my x-rays came back normal(lungs,sinus). And my ct scan of my kidneys came back clear. I still have traces of blood in my urine so i have to go to a kidney dr. to get a biopsy. Anyway my question is does anybody know if ANCA does point to Wegeners? He believes they caught it in the early stages,since there is no damage to my organs. Any opinions please?1:crying:

Blood in urine with high ANCA scores are highly suggestive of Wegs but it seems strange but very fortunate for you than you have no other symptoms yet? So maybe it isn't Wegs, but something else that can cause similar symptoms. When my ANCA came in off the charts and blood in my urine, I was coughing up blood, had gone deaf in one ear, had swollen arm, painful joints, bloody sinuses and other things that all pointed to Wegs so the biopsy was just to confirm what was already a 99% probability that Wegs was doing me in.

NicShaf
10-31-2013, 08:39 AM
I agree with Phil & drz, high ANCAs with kidney involvement usually points to Wegs. Have you been diagnosed with Wegener's, or are you checking in here because they told you it was a possibility?
All cases are different, people have different organ involvement with different ANCA levels. I remember reading on here a long time ago someone who has high ANCA's regularly but no symptoms...my ANCA's were 320 when I was diagnosed with lung and sinus involvement... it varies from person to person.
Hope they can get it all sorted out soon.