PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing posts--test post.

drz
10-22-2013, 02:12 AM
My posts for the last two days have disappeared. They seemed present at the bottom of the threads after I posted them them but were gone the next time when I log in again. My list of latest posts doesn't show any posts for past two days. Wonder if this one will stay and show up in my list of latest posts. Anyone else have this problem? It just seems strange.

pberggren1
10-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Send Andrew a message. I think mine are all okay.

Alysia
10-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Hi drz.
If I enter to your posts, this one is the only one since 19 oct. maybe you sent the posts using your smartphone ? I noticed that sometimes posts that I send using my smartphone, not exist after that. not here but for example on face book. must find out, because we don't want to lose any of your precious posts.

annekat
10-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Weird, drz. The last one of yours I can find listed is Oct. 18, though I think I've probably read posts of yours in threads since then. I hope it gets figured out, as I would hate to miss your posts.

Alysia
10-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi drz,
I hope that you are not posting and then there is no post... ?

annekat
10-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi drz,
I hope that you are not posting and then there is no post... ?

I get the feeling his posts are appearing in the threads but not in the lists of posts? So a person who hasn't been reading all of those threads might miss the fact that he is posting and maybe not be notified by email? Or are they disappearing from the thread itself after having been posted there? Not sure I entirely understand the issue. Pretty strange, all right.

drz
10-22-2013, 03:08 PM
I get the feeling his posts are appearing in the threads but not in the lists of posts? So a person who hasn't been reading all of those threads might miss the fact that he is posting and maybe not be notified by email? Or are they disappearing from the thread itself after having been posted there? Not sure I entirely understand the issue. Pretty strange, all right.

The posts seem to have disappeared entirely. One I remember was in the dog lovers thread and another was a welcome message to a new person who posted their intro. Now this thread seemed to work OK so maybe it was a temporary glitch and is working again OK. I will post a couple more comments and see if they remain in other threads. The first post in this thread is still here and also shows up in my record of latest posts.

I have posted six posts tonight. So far they all seem present in the threads where they were posted. Two show up in my list of latest posts, and four show up in my list of recent activity. So there is still some glitch in the forum system.

Alysia
10-22-2013, 04:43 PM
it seems that it is working again, drz, welcome back :biggrin1:

Dirty Don
10-23-2013, 04:43 AM
I know, I know...hands up...I know...oohooh...let me answer...

...It's a gremlin inside your puter...there...that should fix it!!!!

mishb
10-23-2013, 11:01 PM
The same for me if I use my Iphone.

I don't know why I keep purservering with it, when I know they just don't save.
You are correct Alysia...... if using my Iphone on Facebook, my comments and posts don't save there either.