PDA

View Full Version : Liver

NikkiNicole
10-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Anyone else had trouble with elevated liver enzymes?
My PR3 is climbing back up, CRP and ESR also going up and now my liver enzymes are way above normal.
Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be the MTX sending my liver levels out of whack?

pberggren1
10-19-2013, 01:08 PM
I know a few that have had elevated liver enzymes. I think for a few the Bactrim was causing it but not totally sure. It could be the mtx as well, but with your PR3, CRP and ESR climbing as well I would be it could be a flare........:sad:

NikkiNicole
10-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Can we call it a flare if I've never gotten it under control to begin with? I mean, I haven't had anything totally life threatening like everyone else ... but ... I've not felt good ever ... yet.
I'm working too much, I"ve sent emails out asking people to take my overtime and I am not getting any replies.
Ugh,

pberggren1
10-19-2013, 01:17 PM
It is possible but at the end of the day I think a trip to Sharon is your best bet.

mishb
10-19-2013, 03:22 PM
My liver enzymes were abnormally high and they became very worried.
MTX can cause this
I was told that I could not have any alcohol anymore - which is fine by me, since I don't even touch the stuff.

It ended up being something within my multivitamins. These were the only things that I recently started within the past two months.
When I stopped the multivitamins altogether, the liver results went back down to normal.

Maybe you have started trying something different (food wise etc) in the past few weeks/months.
It's worth a thought or, you may need to change from MTX

Or else, as Phil says - a trip to Sharon

drz
10-19-2013, 04:19 PM
My liver enzymes became elevated after the addition of azathioprine at 200 mg. I had to cut my provastatin back to half dosage to get them back in acceptable levels.

Alysia
10-19-2013, 05:46 PM
I had to stop bactrim because of elevated liver enzyms.
I also noticed that they are high if I have a virus or any inflamation.

Psyborg
10-20-2013, 02:31 PM
I had liver issues before I got Wegs. So it's been something they've watched pretty close for me. I had to stop MTX because mine started fluctuating pretty wildly after a while on it. I'm on Immuran now...which can have the same issue but things seem to be holding up ok.

Jaypfei
07-14-2014, 08:03 AM
My rheumy is currently trying to figure out why my ALP is (200). My other labs are great, just the ALP. I'm doing an isoenzyme test with my next labs. Hopefully that will give him a better idea what's causing the problem. Liver, bones or parathyroid. Just wish for once it would all be normal.