PDA

View Full Version : It was a flare-up

MikeG-2012
10-14-2013, 11:30 AM
In my intro, I told all of you about the migraine-like headaches I was having for the past two months. My ENT and Rheumatologist were all but certain that there was a genuine flare-up in my sinuses. So whopping doses of PREDNISONE again!!!! ARRGH!!!!!!

After three weeks of high-dose pred, I'm starting to feel better. Sinus headaches are down to 1-2/10 on the pain scale, and rinse of the sinuses feels like my old 'normal' nose again. Will see both docs a week from tomorrow. If the sinuses flare up again after the taper off of the pred, we won't have to do anything but continue Mychophenolate course of treatment. If after the taper they flare up again, rheumy has said that he may re-evaluate treatment plan and change meds. I think the only thing left for me that I'm not allergic to is Rituxan. I'm praying that things will stay their course after the pred taper.

Now, if I can get past the puffing up, moon face, cramping, insomnia, bloating and moodiness, I just might start feeling 'normal' again. (sigh)

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend, and thanks for being there to read this and understand. It is pretty therapeutic to type this, knowing that others like me, will read, empathize and understand!! Thanks!!!!

MikeG-2012

Debbie C
10-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Sorry to hear you had a flare up and the whole pred thing again. Hope things will get under control and you won't have to do anything else. Take care and keep us posted !!

mishb
10-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Mike, that sucks, but at least pred is getting it under control.
I know we all love to hate it - but hey, we are still here.

Normal will come again :hug2:

gilders
10-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Mike,
I'm in a similar situation at the moment, 12 days in to treatment for my latest relapse. Had a really good day yesterday and thought I was turning the corner and improving. Today's not been so good so far. Just going to have to take it a day at a time.
I'm guessing you can't tolerate CTX if the only thing left that you're not allergic to is Rituxan? I also can not have CTX and due to renal failure MTX isn't an option. If the pred and AZA don't get me in remission I'll be looking at RTX, never had it before so I hope I can tolerate it, if I need it.

Hopefully we'll both respond to pred soon and be back to 'normal'. I've usually responded quite well without the need for stronger meds, so I'm still hopeful.