PDA

View Full Version : Do You Suffer From On/Off Tiredness/Sleepiness?

TOBEY32
10-14-2013, 08:29 AM
I've brought this up before.
When I mentioned it to my kidney dr. he says he doesn't think it has anything to do w/ Wegs, but leaves it at that. Maybe it's the meds then? I can have a full night's sleep, take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and have the hardest time trying to get up then.
I've wondered if it could be my teeth? I have three that need attention (major chips/breakage). I haven't done anything with them because I don't have insurance (I would like to crown them as opposed to pull them), and keeping hoping I can do something with them when my circumstances change. I have wondered if bacteria has made its way into my system through any "holes" affecting my heart and making me tired/sleepy.
Maybe I'm paranoid as to the cause. Some days I'm not fatigued, but I would say 2/3rds of the time I am.

David

Dirty Don
10-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Hey David, what drugs are you still on? I just finished a minor flare, have bad dental stuff, went thru the fatigue, low fevers, sour stomach...and got paranoid, etc. Turned out it was a flare...affected me, docs put me back on low dose pred...feel better...symptoms gone. Best of luck.

Geoff
10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Hi David,

I'm afraid I cannot confirm your theory about your teeth being a possible cause of your tiredness, I'm sure someone else will jump in on that one. WIth regards to the tiredness/Sleepiness, I believe that is just part and parcel of having Wegs? Some days are better than others, and its a case of enjoying every one to the best of your ability.
The good days are just brilliant! Hope you get some answers re the teeth.

pberggren1
10-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Oh David, I'm so sorry to hear about your teeth. It is so important to keep them extremely clean when they are in this condition. Try to find funds at all costs to get them fixed.

As far as the sleep thing goes I think most of us go through this at some point or at least in a cycle of some sort.

TOBEY32
10-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Trying to think if I've had this fatigue/sleepiness since day-one. I know it's been at least a couple of years. I do brush twice a day, floss, and even use one of those tongue cleaners (they're great if you haven't used one). Regarding Wegs, I take 50mg Imuran and 5mg Pred. As well, 2 different blood pressure and 25mg Zoloft. Maybe it's the Zoloft, but seems like a small dose to worry about.
Wonder why my doc doesn't think it has anything to do with Wegs if, in fact, it is?? Anyway...