PDA

View Full Version : exhaustion and soreness after RTX IV ?

Alysia
10-14-2013, 04:00 AM
Hi,
I just had, 4 days ago, my 2nd IV of 2nd round of rtx. I am exhausted and all my body is aching since it. I do remember similar feelings after previous IV but less intensive then now. now I need paracetamol to pass the day, and I am falling asleep very early (can't allow myself a nap, have to work). do anyone else have such phenomena after rtx IV ? or is it a problem ? (I didn't ask my doc yet, hoping it will go away soon).
thanks.

rebekah
10-14-2013, 04:23 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're so tired after the infusions. I slept so much after all of mine. I did them on Fridays and would sleep all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. By Monday I wouldn't be as tired. My doctor said that Rituxan can cause the fatigue, but I would still let your doctor know. I hope you get your strength and energy back soon. :)

blu4runner
10-15-2013, 07:01 AM
I had 4 infusions at weekly intervals starting on Aug 16th and it is now 8 weeks since I started and I am still feeling the exhausted and yes I too ache all over. Hopefully we will see positive results soon. I was told it could take up to 2-3 months for the full benefit of the infusions. Wishing you the best

Alysia
10-16-2013, 01:45 AM
thanks Rebekah and Victor. it is comforting to know that it can happen. as the days passing it becomes better. I hope you2 are also feeling better and I wish the rtx will continue to do its miracles.

Debbie C
10-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Sorry the both of you are feeling bad after the rtx. I'm sure ,like Rebekah said it will start to get better soon. Just rest as much as possible,don't try to over due things. Alysia do you have to get another one or are you done? Hugs to both you and blu.:hug2:

Alysia
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi Debra,
thanks. I have done with it. untill 6 months from now. I wish I could rest more but I am working 6 days a week and committed to my work. sometimes I just want to rest all the day, but I can't....

gilders
10-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Hi Alysia,
Are you getting any of your energy back yet?

Alysia
10-19-2013, 04:01 AM
Hi Alysia,
Are you getting any of your energy back yet?

Hi Pete,
thanks for your caring. I'm still very tired but with less aching body... except from a new ear's pain, but I think it has nothing to do with the rtx. somthing I already knows from time to time. thanks God I have ear drops at home. no dull moment with wg... how are you this days ?

drz
10-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi Debra,
thanks. I have done with it. untill 6 months from now. I wish I could rest more but I am working 6 days a week and committed to my work. sometimes I just want to rest all the day, but I can't....

How long can you keep up that heavy work schedule?

Alysia
10-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Hi drz,
thanks for your caring. it is a good question. I don't know how long I can endure but I have to. since I am working as clinical psychologist I have enormous responsibility to my patients. few of them suicidal. only 2 of them know that I have some "chronic issue" but not more then that. I decided not to accept new ones (although it is a challenge to give up sometimes) but I am committed to those I already treating. physically it is not hard. just sitting. and it is in my office which is a small apartment close to home, it is my second (and somtimes first) home. emotionally I love to be in another worlds, their worlds. I love them and I love my work. but there are days when I am so tired that I just want to be in bed. thanks God for Saterday.

Sjap0655
10-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Hi guys. I'm starting to feel good and it's been one month since my first RTX treatment but I just noticed a bruise on my leg or soreness spot by my shin. Anybody having muscle or tenderness in areas?