PDA

View Full Version : A long shot...

freakyschizogirl
10-14-2013, 03:24 AM
I've recently started having tonsil stones. Does anyone else suffer with these very annoying lumps?

Was hoping to have an ENT look at them but their waiting list is 3 months long, I've not have success getting an appointment to fit around work.

I was just wondering if it could be Wegs related but its probably a long shot. If it is then i'll get Addenbrookes to have a look when I go back next year.

Thank you. Oh, and any one wanting to see my surgery pics from my nose reconstruction please have a look at my photos :w00t:

Rose
10-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Yes, I have had the these on and off for many years. They started around my mid thirties, long before I was diagnosed with Wegs (58). At first they were pretty frequent and annoying but as the years have passed they has become less troublesome though I still get a few now and then. I was seen by an ENT in the early years who told me that it was not a serious condition but unpleasant and annoying and it was my choice whether or not to have a tonsilectomy as that was the only way to get rid of them permanently. I still have my tonsils!! If the lumps get painful you can gently milk the affected area on your tonsil with your finger and this will release them and so reduce the pain. Must be gentle though with short fingernails!!!

pberggren1
10-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Can you tell us what these tonsil stones are Sam?

Yvonnea
10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Sam,

Sorry I don't know anything about tonsils and WGs. Just wanted to say I had a peek at your nose pics, and the Doc did a wonderful job. The ear packing does look really sore,,,,but on the after pictures there is not a trace of what you went through.
Hope your issues with tonsils get sorted soon.
Best wishes
Yvonne