PDA

View Full Version : Jacks day again next weekend

DEE
10-13-2013, 06:53 AM
I cant believe its been another year.gone but never forgotten x. Sorry had a pred moment as Jack used to say to me, Messed up the title .Should say last month,!! 23rd of September 11.05 pm 2011.
I find myself thinking of him on many occasions especially when I'm feeling sorry for myself, Jack would never have allowed it :).

mishb
10-13-2013, 11:36 AM
I cant believe its been another year.gone but never forgotten x

I only thought about that (and him) yesterday Dee.
Leonard Cohen is apparently in Australia at the moment, or is about to be.
Everytime I hear about Leonard Cohen I instantly think of Jack - as I presume, most of you do.

I hope you are living it up, free of all pains, now Jack

annekat
10-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I have liked Leonard Cohen for about 45 years and now there is an additional reason to hold him in a special place in my heart. It took me awhile to figure out that Jack's avatar was not actually him.... though he certainly did look like Leonard, and of course, there was the hat.... I did not know Jack as well as many of you, and he passed before I got much of a chance to exchange posts with him. But I certainly recognized a great soul when I saw one, his excellence and wisdom as a friend and advisor here, and the loss to the forum when he passed. May he rest in peace, and we will never forget him!

Alysia
10-14-2013, 03:48 AM
I hope you are living it up, free of all pains, now Jack

I didn't have the honor to know Jack. I feel the pain for his loss.
There is poem in Hebrew, that was written by one of our best poets, to his mom, when she passed away. It is called: "she is free now". I asked my family to read it at MY funeral. This is how I see my death.
I translated part of it to English (and changed "she" to he"), for Jack's memory, and maybe also for the memory of other weggies that passed away.

He is free now
Free from the body
Free from the blood
Free from the color of his eyes
And free from the color of his hair
Free from fire
And free from water
Free from desires
And free from fears
Free from pride
And free from shame
Free from hope
And free from despair
He is free now. Free.

And all the letters and all the numbers that were arranging his life
Is now free for new combinations and new destiny
Of all the generations that will follow.