PDA

View Full Version : stopped cellcept

Stephene
10-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Hi Everyone! Went to the Rhumy yesterday and since I wasn't tolerating the cellcept and he said I could discontinue it and we will try Imuran next.I get my next Rituxan this Monday!!! Hopefully this round will kick it in the buns and let me have some strength back for Christmas.I am currently down to 5mg prednisone thanks to the Rituxan but I think the high dose another dr gave me for my back 2 weeks ago flared me with the fast taper.I had a feeling that was going to happen but the pain was so bad I was willing to take the dose to help at the time.I am having the awful night sweats again along with on and off nausea and new joint pain.The weird thing is that my labs looked good but I have all the symptoms of a flare.That had me confused.I know this isn't in my head! Anyways I hope everyone has a terrific day and I will be back next week with an update.God Bless the people that make this forum happen.I love you all for all your support.I cry or laugh every time I come here and read.

pberggren1
10-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Guess what Stephane? YOU are someone that makes this forum happen as well.

And with Wegs we never know for sure if we are flaring. One can easily have good numbers with all the nasty symptoms.

gilders
10-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Unfortunately there is no blood test that can confirm if WG is under control or not. A lot is down to how you feel in yourself. The strange thing is it hasn't got any easier for me to pick up whether I'm having a full relapse or just a few bad weeks of being more unwell than usual. In fact I seemed to be more "in tune" with my body in the early years of my illness.
It's never "just in your head". There might be times in the future when you have something fairly simple like a virus and are not sure if it's the start of a flare, but if you've got WG you've got the complete right to be concerned and don't let anyone tell you that you're been over dramatic or a hypochondriac!
I'm also hoping to have this current relapse in check for Christmas. I remember one year filling out the menu choices on Christmas Eve whilst an inpatient in hospital praying that it would be a waste of time and they'd let me home. Fortunately they did later that evening.

Stephene
10-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Awww thank you both :) I get my Rituxan in the morning. I had so many fears about that drug in the begining and almost didnt do it but when staring death in the face you do anything to get better and now I am so happy I made the choice to do it because for 3 months after the initial Rituxan I was doing much better and I am excited to get this next round.My heart aches for those who dont have insurance to cover Rituxan.Big hugs to everyone.

Stephene
10-17-2013, 06:54 PM
The Rituxan went well but suddenly today I have felt very out of synch.Strange pain in head and chest that im thinking maybe anxiety.Never felt anything like this and I went from a dark stool to yellow diahrea today.Gross topic I know but this has never happend to me .I am calling my Rhumy in the morning.Take care and I will be back in day or two.

pberggren1
10-18-2013, 07:03 AM
I sure hope you get better soon Stephane. Look forward to hearing from you again.