PDA

View Full Version : Donations

andrew
10-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi all
I have been asked many times over the years if I'm taking donations for the upkeep of this website. I've said often that I'll get something together and never have until now :)

So, I've set up a donation page (see link below). Funds are used for monthly hosting costs, software licensing, patching and general upkeep.

I'm happy to answer any questions of course. Note that I don't care whether you decide to donate or not and if you decide to donate I don't care how much. I will never reveal names of donors to anyone.

None of your information is stored anywhere. Your payment is processed by either Paypal or Stripe through their infrastructure. I will never have access to your payment details which are used purely by the payment processors themselves to process your donation.

Click here to go to the donate page. (https://wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/donate/asp-products/donate-to-wegeners-granulomatosis-com/)

Wegetarian
10-07-2013, 09:37 PM
It seems to work :)

BTW, is the currency in USD on purpose? Just wondered if we both get to pay currency conversion if it goes from EUR -> USD -> AUD..

andrew
10-07-2013, 09:42 PM
The server fees are in USD which is why I picked that currency. If you're paying in anything other than USD you'll get Paypal's currency conversion which is pretty much the same as any bank - at least last time I checked :)

Wegetarian
10-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Really? When I checked ages ago they tried to rob me with the exchange rates. They mentioned something about increased risk due to fluctuations and increased fraud risk or other BS. I get the cheapest rates by allowing my credit card company to convert the rates so I always take the one that is used for the charge.

pberggren1
10-07-2013, 11:08 PM
My first question is:

Andrew, do you take any of these donated funds for yourself? I know you put in a lot of time for this Forum and I do think your time is worth some monetary compensation. But of course that depends on how much is donated.

And also, how much does it cost to host this site each month?

Wegetarian
10-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Based on what I've seen from other forums that accepted donations they never were enough to cover basic hosting expenses, so unfortunately I wouldn't be too worried about any money being left over after the hosting costs.. I do hope Andrew wouldn't need to pay out of pocket for giving us this great site.

andrew
10-07-2013, 11:31 PM
My first question is:

Andrew, do you take any of these donated funds for yourself? I know you put in a lot of time for this Forum and I do think your time is worth some monetary compensation. But of course that depends on how much is donated.

And also, how much does it cost to host this site each month?

Hi mate
Nope - any funds donated go straight to paying fees for server hosting, VBSEO and VBulletin licensing fees. I don't charge for my time :)

The server costs $99USD per month.

pberggren1
10-07-2013, 11:40 PM
You are a saint.

andrew
10-07-2013, 11:51 PM
You are a saint.

That is the first time I've been called a saint. My reputation is now ruined lol

pberggren1
10-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Sorry mate......lol

DJS
10-08-2013, 03:03 AM
Done! Really appreciate this forum.

mishb
10-08-2013, 02:30 PM
So, if you get more than $99 for the month, where does the rest go.
Does it just sit in the account to then pay the next months etc etc. I don't want to see it get lost in the system

I would gladly contribute one months payment each year.
I can't believe that you have been doing it for so long. :hug1:

Alysia
10-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Does it just sit in the account to then pay the next months etc etc. I don't want to see it get lost in the system

maybe first we will give andrew back the costs he paid all the years ?
and the donation site is very friendly, I donated in Hebrew... :thumbup:

andrew
10-08-2013, 07:07 PM

Hi Michelle
Thanks! :)

Yep funds stay in the Paypal account and are used to pay hosting fees. I'm going to publish credits and debits each month so everyone can see what's happening.

andrew
10-08-2013, 07:08 PM
I donated in Hebrew... :thumbup:

Ha yeah I did a double-take when I saw that come through :) Thank you!

NikkiNicole
10-08-2013, 07:38 PM
For the peace of mind and joy that this site has given me, I couldn't possibly NOT donate something. So, I sent mine in, just now. It's 1:38AM California time, I'm still at work later than I have been since this all began ........ and sending that put a smile on my very sad face.
Thank you for all that you created.

andrew
10-08-2013, 08:03 PM
For the peace of mind and joy that this site has given me, I couldn't possibly NOT donate something. So, I sent mine in, just now. It's 1:38AM California time, I'm still at work later than I have been since this all began ........ and sending that put a smile on my very sad face.
Thank you for all that you created.

It makes me feel good to have put a smile on your face :) Thank you for the donation! I hope that sad face disappears real soon! Hope you can get away from work soon too!

NikkiNicole
10-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I get to leave here in about 30 minutes. I have a 10 minute drive home. Hubby gets up for work at 4:00am so I will just sort of doze on the couch and then ... THEN ... I'll be tucked away in bed. I seriously can't wait, I feel horrible.

andrew
10-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I get to leave here in about 30 minutes. I have a 10 minute drive home. Hubby gets up for work at 4:00am so I will just sort of doze on the couch and then ... THEN ... I'll be tucked away in bed. I seriously can't wait, I feel horrible.

Yeah being at work that late won't do you much good physically or mentally. You have something to look forward to though - a nice comfortable bed :)

pberggren1
10-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Andrew took over the Forum in May of 2008 so he has paid roughly $6,500.00 dollars to date to keep the Forum going.

Alysia
10-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Andrew took over the Forum in May of 2008 so he has paid roughly $6,500.00 dollars to date to keep the Forum going.

Andrew, I think that first of all you should cover the money you were paying by yourself over the years. it is not a small amount. and we didn't even start to think about all the work you invested here.... which is very precious in all meannings. :wub:

Dirty Don
10-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I knew Andrew was 'donating' his all this time...but, under this dark skin lies a wee bit o' scotch...single with a dash of raspberry liqueur over 2 cubes, thank you...thanks...hope to sip a wee bit witya some day ol' man!

mishb
10-09-2013, 01:10 PM
I knew Andrew was 'donating' his all this time...but, under this dark skin lies a wee bit o' scotch...single with a dash of raspberry liqueur over 2 cubes, thank you...thanks...hope to sip a wee bit witya some day ol' man!

..........and here I was, thinking you were only made of Coffee :flapper:

andrew
10-09-2013, 05:35 PM

Don't dare cheapen my scotch by adding anything haha :) Where ever you are in the world, I hope to be there one day and we will enjoy a few quiet drinks :)

andrew
10-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Well everyone I feel overwhelmed by the donations. I am very grateful for the $754 donated in a couple of days. Thanks to you there are almost eight months of hosting fees. Thank you! Your donations will help everyone here and future members as well.

Wegetarian
10-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow! That's amazing! Really great to see so many help out. Great that Andrew doesn't need to pay the fees out of his own pocket.

Big hugs to everyone :hug1:

annekat
10-10-2013, 06:18 AM
That is so awesome. I'm glad you brought it up, Andrew, and please keep reminding us, because some of us may be better able to afford to donate more in the future.

Debbie C
10-10-2013, 11:28 AM
This is a stupid question but I never paid anything thru PayPal. When I donate the country listed is Austraia..do I change it to United States and keep it that way since the money is going there ???? DAHHHHHHHHHH

Debbie C
10-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Never mind the blond figured it out.....Thanks for everything Andrew,you bring us all more than you know:hug3:

rebekah
10-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all you do, Andrew! I don't know where I would be without this forum and would be more than happy to donate once I find a job. Hopefully that's soon! :)

annekat
10-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Never mind the blond figured it out.....Thanks for everything Andrew,you bring us all more than you know:hug3: What did the blond figure out? I haven't been there yet, and have paid things with PayPal before, but haven't run into anything that was outside of the US. I guess when I get there this brunette will figure it out, too.

Debbie C
10-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Anne , you have to change the country to United States,but I wasn't sure since it was going to Austraia.

drz
10-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Anne , you have to change the country to United States,but I wasn't sure since it was going to Austraia.

You can donate in currency of any country they accept but you may not know what another country currency is worth in your money. For example a dollar is not worth the same in Canada, Australia or United States.

Wegetarian
11-09-2013, 03:45 AM
Each month I'll list donations received

Boss, how did we do for October?

Alysia
03-25-2014, 02:34 AM
here is the thread.... so where are we standing ? maybe we need to collect again some money... ?

KimH
03-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Where is the thread?

pberggren1
03-25-2014, 09:21 AM
Where is the thread?

You just posted on it Kim.......lol

KimH
03-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Lol, I was looking for a link to donate. I am so clueless with the internet stuff. That's obvious. Lol.

pberggren1
03-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Lol, I was looking for a link to donate. I am so clueless with the internet stuff. That's obvious. Lol.

The link is on the very first post of this thread by Andrew.

KimH
03-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Thank you, Phil. What would I do with out you! :0)

vdub
03-26-2014, 10:42 AM
I have a reminder in my calendar to donate on Andy's b'day each year. 22Oct. I started doing that last year.

Alysia
03-26-2014, 04:51 PM

what would we all do ? :love:

woz
03-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Call me silly. but I have only just found this thread, keep up the good work Andrew, and anyone else, who helps out, that I have missed.
I hope there is enough for the odd beer Andrew, if not let me know, and I will send you a couple.

Regards Woz......

Alysia
06-25-2014, 04:12 PM
I just thought, after the thread about the name of our forum, and being grateful to you, andrew, for all what you do for us :love: that it is time to refresh this thread.
it's about a year since last time that we were taking care of it. I just sent mine. please check if you get it.
for newcomers, for years, andrew was paying from his own pocket (I hope you say so in English too) for the management of the site. untill wedgie (if my memory is correct) asked about it, and then we found it.
so if anyone can and want, only as much as one can.....

vdub
06-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Good call! Donations are definitely appreciated. I give each year around his birthday, but giving at anytime is welcome. It costs an amazing amount to run a forum like this and I'm sure we are all thankful to have it.

windchime
06-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Andrew donation sent, if not received please let me know.

andrew
06-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Thank you Alysia and Cindy xoxo

Donations received with thanks :)

About time I posted accounts of ins and outs too!

aewaustin
06-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Andrew hate to break it to you, but you are a saint :) I really think that once you get enough in the bank to pay the next few years or so that the extra should go to what you have paid in the past. Once we get you all caught up then maybe as a group we could do something, but yeah we need to make you whole as far as what you have paid out. Your managing this site has done so much good for so many. Think of it as our gift to you.

LisaT
06-25-2014, 10:58 PM
I've had this on my list of things to do/payments to make since I read the thread. Can someone remind me how to make a donation?

windchime
06-26-2014, 12:17 AM
I've had this on my list of things to do/payments to make since I read the thread. Can someone remind me how to make a donation?

Go to Andrew's first post on this thread and there is a link to pay it through paypal.

andrew
06-26-2014, 08:02 PM
Andrew hate to break it to you, but you are a saint :) I really think that once you get enough in the bank to pay the next few years or so that the extra should go to what you have paid in the past. Once we get you all caught up then maybe as a group we could do something, but yeah we need to make you whole as far as what you have paid out. Your managing this site has done so much good for so many. Think of it as our gift to you.

*blushes*
Thank you :) The financial help is very much appreciated. It makes a big difference! You all rock my world :)

me2
06-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Thanks Andrew. My small donation cannot reflect the gratitude I have for the work you have done and do , on this site. But I know that even small contributions to a cause are important compared to nothing- which right now is my only other choice. Good on ya mate!! (Is that the proper expression or did I just insult your dog? -- I don't speak Aussie)

LisaT
06-26-2014, 11:11 PM
Many thanks for everything, Andrew, especially for having to read through my rants of late... I've made my donation too. Reminders are good. :) it inspired me to update paypal, which had an expired credit card...

pberggren1
06-27-2014, 01:17 AM
Ranting is good hun. I love your rants.

andrew
07-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Many thanks for everything, Andrew, especially for having to read through my rants of late... I've made my donation too. Reminders are good. :) it inspired me to update paypal, which had an expired credit card...

Thank you Lisa! The donation is very much appreciated and your rants are eloquent and have great grammar so no issue there :)

andrew
07-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks Andrew. My small donation cannot reflect the gratitude I have for the work you have done and do , on this site. But I know that even small contributions to a cause are important compared to nothing- which right now is my only other choice. Good on ya mate!! (Is that the proper expression or did I just insult your dog? -- I don't speak Aussie)

G'day mate!! :)
Thank you so much for your donation. It is very gratefully received! You speak Aussie just fine too! :) :)

mishb
10-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Happy Birthday Andrew.

An annual donation has just been made. I know it's not actually a birthday present for you personally, but I hope it takes the edge off your own payment contributions.

Have a fantastic day

gilders
10-23-2014, 03:50 AM
Small donation just been left. Just had to take dog to vets today which took another to hit to the bank balance :sad:

Alysia
07-09-2015, 04:03 AM

What would I do without my sweet Phil ???
This was such a lovely thread..
anyway I came to this thread because I wanted to donate to the forum in kind of tribute to my Phil, on his birthday (that was yestetday) .. BUT it seems that its not working if I try to donate with my card (I dont have pay pal account). I remember that it worked fast last time but now when I write all the details and press the continue it is stuck. Can you, please, check it, andrew ?
I tried 4 times and couldnt. I will try again after posting this and if it works I will write another post.

Alysia
07-09-2015, 04:50 AM
Couple more trying and then it works. No idea what was the problem but it didnt work as easy as before. Please make sure you got it, andrew.

annekat
07-09-2015, 05:43 AM
Thanks for your donation, Alysia, in Phil's memory. It means a lot to all of us and it will help us all, as well as take some of the burden off of Andrew. :thumbup:

me2
07-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Thinking of Phil, Alysia, Andrew and everyone else here I tried to make a small contribution and got an error screen too. It said my payment was a success but then I was redirected to a web page for
"Scorched Earth Records". Unless Andrew has become a record producer I think there might be a problem. I hope my payment did not go to them . Here is the web page I was directed to.

http://www.scorchedearthrecords.com.au/payment-success

me2
07-09-2015, 02:50 PM
OK, an update on my update. I did receive an email from Paypal saying the payment went to Andrew- so, I'm thinking everything looks ok. Although, it IS weird to end up at the Scorched Earth Heavy Metal
page. Just out of curiouosity what kind of music DOES the big Kahuna like? Also, we have a chain of restaurants here called "Outback Steakhouse" - do you think they are any good? Michelle you can answer this one if so inclined.

annekat
07-09-2015, 04:02 PM
OK, an update on my update. I did receive an email from Paypal saying the payment went to Andrew- so, I'm thinking everything looks ok. Although, it IS weird to end up at the Scorched Earth Heavy Metal
page. Just out of curiouosity what kind of music DOES the big Kahuna like? Also, we have a chain of restaurants here called "Outback Steakhouse" - do you think they are any good? Michelle you can answer this one if so inclined. I've gotten the drift that that's the kind of music the Big Kahuna likes, but of course, he can speak for himself. As for the Outback Steakhouse, I ate at the one on Capital Mall Drive in Olympia once, and I haven't a clue whether it resembles Aussie food in any way, but I thought it was good. I think I had a nice piece of salmon and my friend may have had a steak, maybe with lobster, I don't remember. My impression was that they did a good job cooking everything just right, but it seemed pretty American to me. They may have had Aussie beers. It's been a long time, so probably Googling would be the best way to see what they are about.

me2
07-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Thanks Anne. I agree that the 'Googles' is usually the best way to find stuff out but since I can GET to the place you are talking about I think I will just try it. I haven't had steak or lobster in many many years.

Well, if Andrew likes that kind of music maybe he would like my 'new' discovery. Jimmy Page went to New York to see these guys-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTPYilXcMA

renidrag
07-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Outback one of my favorite restaurants. Steak usually perfect and "Shrimp on the Barbie" the best.. Donations has proceeded to Heavy Metal and eating.
Dale

Alysia
07-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Thinking of Phil, Alysia, Andrew and everyone else here I tried to make a small contribution and got an error screen too. It said my payment was a success but then I was redirected to a web page for
"Scorched Earth Records". Unless Andrew has become a record producer I think there might be a problem. I hope my payment did not go to them . Here is the web page I was directed to.

wow. thank you SO much Kirk. you warm my sore heart. and I am sure my beautiful Phil is having his happy dance up there.
btw I was not directed to that page. BUT I got 2 different emails about the donation. I wonder if I paid twice ?? if I did, I guess it is Phil's hand from above....

Alysia
07-09-2015, 10:29 PM

I am forever grateful, andrew, if it was not this place, I would have never get to know my beautiful, my sweet love......

andrew
07-10-2015, 07:43 AM

Hi Me2
Sorry about that. Didn't realise that the landing page for payments would also be for donations. Yes, actually I have become a record producer among other things :smile1: That's one of my websites.

As for the errors, Paypal is stupid sometimes :) I get those sometimes too when I'm paying using a credit card without logging in to Paypal.

Thank you so much to both of you for the awesome donations!!! :smile1: :smile1: :smile1: :smile1: :smile1:

MikeG-2012
09-16-2015, 08:21 AM
For those of you who read top down and don't want to look for a link, click here. (http://wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/donations.html)

vdub
09-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Yeah, just about time for your b'day, Andrew! That's when I give my annual gift. I hope you can spend dollars that don't have funny accents and arrive upside down.... :-)

andrew
09-16-2015, 02:33 PM
Yeah, just about time for your b'day, Andrew! That's when I give my annual gift. I hope you can spend dollars that don't have funny accents and arrive upside down.... :-)

Erk..yeah another year older :)

Thanks man! I'll need to go to the bank and change it for rightside-up notes :)

MikeG-2012
09-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Erk..yeah another year older :)

Ahhh, you don't look a day older than 25! And isn't it great with the Internet, your photo can stay that way! LOL!

Alysia
04-24-2016, 08:13 PM
Not kidney's donations... just donations to the forum.. :) just refreshing this thread. Andrew is doing all the work on his expense, so.... if anyone can help, please do.
I am going to donate again on Phil's birthday, it will be from him and from me ♡♡

Erin2014
04-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Hi Andrew,
One quick question - when I tried to make a donation I got a system error because I didn't insert a territory (which is obviously for Australia). Addresses in Canada have the city, province and postal code. Any advice?

Thanks
Erin

andrew
04-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Hi Erin. Thank you! Is it a list of Australian states? If so pick any one or if not just put your province.

Thanks!
Andrew

Alysia
07-07-2016, 01:54 AM
You are a saint.

July 7 already in Australia, so I guess also in heaven... Happy Birthday in heaven, my sweet Batman.

Andrew, I just sent donation for the forum from me & from my beautiful Phil. Please make sure that you got it.

Indeed a saint. Thank you, andrew. We owe you so much more.. forever grateful.

andrew
07-07-2016, 07:26 AM
July 7 already in Australia, so I guess also in heaven... Happy Birthday in heaven, my sweet Batman.

Andrew, I just sent donation for the forum from me & from my beautiful Phil. Please make sure that you got it.

Indeed a saint. Thank you, andrew. We owe you so much more.. forever grateful.

Thank you Alysia! Yes received ok thank you so much and happy birthday to the Batman!!

Alysia
04-20-2017, 03:44 AM
You are a saint.

Refreshing this thread.... Phil is talking about andrew..

Alysia
07-07-2017, 01:12 AM
You are a saint.

Forum time, Phil's birthday is here. I just donated from both of us. andrew please make sure that you got it. I donated in Hebrew.
Thanks to this wonderful forum I have found my beautiful Phil, my sweet eternal love. Thank you SO much, andrew, for keeping the forum working. My gratitude is yours forever and I allways keep you in my prayers ❤

andrew
07-07-2017, 06:08 AM
Thank you so much Alysia! Yes received with thanks. I knew who it was from the notification I got in Hebrew :-D You're a star, thank you again!

andrew
07-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Just had a couple more donations in the last 24 hours. All very much appreciated and goes directly to the running costs of the group.

Thank you!
Andrew

vdub
10-22-2017, 02:36 AM
Well, Andrew, it is just about your birthday again and my annual donation to your wonderful forum. First, Happy Birthday! I'm not sure why we celebrate getting a year older. It seems my youth was a lot more fun, but I guess its traditional, so "na zdravi, santé, prost, salute, and cheers"! Oh yes, "here's mud in your eye, buddy"! May many more healthy and prosperous years come your way!

This is also the time of year I make my annual donation to the forum. I tried clicking to go to a paypal account and it failed me. Can you please let me know how to donate money to your paypal account, so we can keep this forum going. Thanks in advance, VW

mishb
10-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Happy birthday again Andrew.

Has your paypal account been hacked - mine has but fortunately I don't have any funds in mine.

The annual birthday present, to ease your bank balance, will just have too wait until we can get in, or until I see you next (whichever comes first)

andrew
10-22-2017, 06:48 PM
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. You can use this link: paypal.me/AndrewMacLeanAus (http://paypal.me/AndrewMacLeanAus)

Just type in the amount you want to donate.

Thank you!

mishb
10-22-2017, 10:18 PM
Thanks Andrew.
It appears that you can only donate if you already have a paypal account.
Mine is inactive at the moment until paypal sort the hacker issue.

vdub
10-23-2017, 01:55 AM
The new one seems to be working just fine, Andrew! Happy Birthday!

(But I have an account, so I can't address the problem Mish had.)

andrew
10-23-2017, 07:15 AM
Thanks Andrew.
It appears that you can only donate if you already have a paypal account.
Mine is inactive at the moment until paypal sort the hacker issue.

Gaaaaaa. Paypal is like Pred. A necessary evil :)

I'll see what I can do about that in the next couple days. Got free tickets to Alice Cooper tonight. *Sigh* The things I have to do....

Thanks again!

andrew
10-23-2017, 07:16 AM
The new one seems to be working just fine, Andrew! Happy Birthday!

(But I have an account, so I can't address the problem Mish had.)

Thanks mate!

gilders
10-24-2017, 10:11 AM
Small donation sent.......Every little helps!

me2
10-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Me too Gilders. Small amount but huge appreciation.

andrew
10-24-2017, 08:11 PM
gilders and me2 you both rock. Thank you!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alysia
07-07-2018, 03:22 AM
Sorry mate......lol

Our annual thank you gift, from dr. Phil and from me, on my sweet Phil's birthday, July 7 (starting already in Oz).

Thank you andrew for creating the forum and keeping it going. My gratitude to you is forever.

Btw, this year your paypal looked different. It worked faster, No Hebrew option and it was fixed on australian dollars. Only after the conversion to Israeli currency I realized that AUD is different from american dollar. I think it was american dollar in the years before. Please make sure that you got it.

andrew
07-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Thank you so much Alysia !

Yes received with thanks from you and Phil :thumbup:

I think Paypal made some changes as well as me changing the default currency I think :)

Masha
07-13-2018, 12:42 PM
Andrew, Thank you for this site. Just sent a bit your way. Sent to PayPal account you posted last year.
Masha

andrew
07-13-2018, 08:51 PM
Received :) Thank you so much Masha :thumbsup: Very much appreciated!

Masha
10-03-2018, 03:29 AM
Andrew,
You are most generous with your time, skill and knowledge to keep this site up and running. You fill a need for so many people. Have just sent you a small token of my appreciation.
Masha

andrew
10-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Hi Masha!
You're awesome :) Thank you! Received with thanks :thumbup:

Andrew

mishb
10-22-2018, 09:22 PM
Happy birthday Chief :hug3:

andrew
10-23-2018, 07:37 AM
Thank you :) I don't feel any older than yesterday so I guess that's a good sign! Thanks for the donation xx

Masha
12-07-2018, 05:11 PM
Hi Andrew, I have sent Merry Christmas wishes your way via PayPal. Your knowledge, work, time and investment in this site is greatly appreciated. If I had to call my doctor to get all of the information I get on this site, I would consume all of his time. Prayers and best wishes for you and yours to have a wonderful holiday.
Masha

andrew
12-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Masha thank you so much!! You're awesome :) You have a merry christmas too! Much appreciated :)

Alysia
07-07-2019, 12:04 AM

It is already pberggren1 's birthday in Australia.... and sure in heaven, so celebrating :hug3:

Thank you so much, andrew for keeping the forum going and doing such a great work, mostly on your own, with efforts and lots of expanses. Much appreciated.
We love you and pray for you always :love:

Alysia
07-07-2019, 12:04 AM

It is already pberggren1 's birthday in Australia.... and sure in heaven, so celebrating :hug3:

Thank you so much, andrew for keeping the forum going and doing such a great work, mostly on your own, with efforts and lots of expanses. Much appreciated.
We love you and pray for you always :love:

P.s. please check if you got our donation.

Alysia
07-07-2019, 12:06 AM
Funny, my post went twice, one for me and one for my sweetie :thumbsup:

me2
07-07-2019, 03:16 AM
I'm over due AND it's a good occassion to remember the Big Kahuna and my other WG friends. I had a recent bit of good fortune so I'm sharing a bit more than usual. All hail Big Kahuna
Seriously, thank you so much Andrew for making this place possible.

andrew
07-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Thank you both so much! I'm very humbled and appreciative. Thank you again!

mishb
10-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Happy birthday mate, and thank you for keeping this group going :hug3:

vdub
10-23-2019, 01:22 AM
I'm on the road traveling, but didn't forget. I haven't been very active, but that means I'm having a good time. Happy birthday, mate, and cheers. Now I have to figure out if I can do PayPal from my phone. Aarrgh... 🤪

me2
10-23-2019, 09:43 AM
Happy Birthday Man!!

andrew
10-23-2019, 11:38 AM
Thank you all! Very much appreciated and welcomed. :love:

Masha
12-15-2019, 06:48 PM
It’s that time of year to say thanks to those who do so much for us. And Andrew, you give us a great gift with this site. So I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, and sending you a small token of my appreciation.
Masha:love::hug3:

andrew
12-16-2019, 08:01 AM
It’s that time of year to say thanks to those who do so much for us. And Andrew, you give us a great gift with this site. So I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, and sending you a small token of my appreciation.
Masha:love::hug3:

Masha thank you so much! Thank you everyone for your kindness. I'm so happy that this forum has been so helpful :)

shankxonline
12-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Thank you andrew for all your work in keeping this forum going. Paypal-ed you with loads of appreciation for all you have done and continue to do for this wonderful, sharing community! Cheers!

andrew
12-17-2019, 06:44 AM
Thank you andrew for all your work in keeping this forum going. Paypal-ed you with loads of appreciation for all you have done and continue to do for this wonderful, sharing community! Cheers!

Received :) Thank you so much! I'm very happy that this site continues to be of help :)

me2
01-27-2020, 02:00 AM
I'm hoping a bit of extra love and attention helps to balance some of the extra 'challenges' of recent times.

andrew
01-27-2020, 01:11 PM
I'm hoping a bit of extra love and attention helps to balance some of the extra 'challenges' of recent times.

It definitely does. Thank you very much for the help!

gilders
01-28-2020, 02:46 AM
Small donation sent.
Usually send a bit over on your birthday, but think I missed your last one.
Keep up the good work.

andrew
01-28-2020, 09:12 AM
Saw it when I (eventually) woke up this morning :) Thanks mate very happy to receive.

I have been following your transplant thread. It's good info thanks for keeping it up to date.

Thanks again!

ST316
01-28-2020, 02:54 PM
Hi Andrew,

Can you please remind how to donate.($)

Thank you,
Susan

andrew
01-28-2020, 08:47 PM
Hi Andrew,

Can you please remind how to donate.($)

Thank you,
Susan

Hi Susan
Good question. The Howto is getting lost :) Just click here: https://www.paypal.me/AndrewMacLeanAus and enter whatever amount.

Best
Andrew

ST316
01-31-2020, 06:27 PM
Hi Andrew,

One more question. Do I need a paypal account? I do have Zelle if this works.

Thank you,
Susan

andrew
01-31-2020, 08:20 PM
Hi Andrew,

One more question. Do I need a paypal account? I do have Zelle if this works.

Thank you,
Susan

Hi hi
Just checked and yep looks like you do need an account. I looked at Zelle though. Seems cool but both accounts need to be located in the US.

I'll set something up this weekend that doesn't require a Paypal account.

Might help others too. Will get back to you :)

Cheers
Andrew

Alysia
07-07-2020, 03:35 AM

Forum time, it is my beautiful pberggren1 birthday, already in Australia, and in couple of hours in Israel too. Heaven time, I guess, is like the forum time :wub:

So, it is with pleasure and gratitude that I make a donation from Phil and from me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart andrew for keeping the forum the best house for weggies on earth :wub:

Please make sure that you got the donation.

(Btw, my older son complained that the Israeli currency is dropping down, but I see that the aussie's dollar has also dropped down compared to previous years.)

andrew
07-07-2020, 09:00 AM
Forum time, it is my beautiful pberggren1 birthday, already in Australia, and in couple of hours in Israel too. Heaven time, I guess, is like the forum time :wub:

So, it is with pleasure and gratitude that I make a donation from Phil and from me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart andrew for keeping the forum the best house for weggies on earth :wub:

Please make sure that you got the donation.

(Btw, my older son complained that the Israeli currency is dropping down, but I see that the aussie's dollar has also dropped down compared to previous years.)

Hey Alysia thank you so much! Thanks to you and Phil :)

Yes the Aussie Dollar is the lowest it's been for a long time which is sad but it happens in a cycle so we wait for the good times haha :)

Thanks again so much for your help!

Masha
07-08-2020, 03:01 PM
Andrew,
Alysia is right. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. Hope you got mine.
Thanks for everything.
Masha

chrisTIn@
07-09-2020, 11:32 PM
Hi hi
Just checked and yep looks like you do need an account. I looked at Zelle though. Seems cool but both accounts need to be located in the US.

I'll set something up this weekend that doesn't require a Paypal account.

Might help others too. Will get back to you :)

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew. Did you manage to set something up that doesn't need a Paypal account?
If so, where can I find it?
Just the number of a bank-account would be great. Online paying is no problem.

andrew
07-10-2020, 10:27 AM
Hi Andrew. Did you manage to set something up that doesn't need a Paypal account?
If so, where can I find it?
Just the number of a bank-account would be great. Online paying is no problem.

I started to but got distracted as I have the attention span of a turnip :) Sorry about that. I'll finish it ASAP. If I give you a bank account it'll be an international transaction and probably cost plenty in fees. I have a card processor half set up anyway. It doesn't involve Paypal at all. Will link it here when I'm done...really :laugh::lol:

vdub
07-10-2020, 10:55 AM
The first msg I ever received on this forum was from ChrisTIn, so whenever I see a post from her, I take note -- there's a soft spot in my heart for Chris.

So, Chris, do you not want to set up a paypal or is it, for some reason, not offered in der Neterlands? When you set up an account, you don't have to tie it to a bank card. You can do a one-time transfer with a credit card. I have found paypal very secure and convenient. Hope this helps. vw

Masha
07-11-2020, 04:47 PM
I love PayPal. Sent mine to Andrew that way this week.
One time we got taken on a purchase we did not make and they supported us.
Masha

andrew
07-11-2020, 05:05 PM
And finally...
A decent donate page with two options. You can choose to donate via Paypal which has been the norm or you can use Stripe with which you can use credit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay.

The link to the new donate page is here: https://wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/donate/asp-products/donate-to-wegeners-granulomatosis-com/

I'll also find a way to make a donate button for the website header so it's more obvious.

Questions? Let me know.

me2
04-13-2021, 07:09 AM
Showing the Boss a little love. Thanks Andrew for all that you do for us.

andrew
04-21-2021, 10:01 PM
Always appreciated thank you!

Alysia
07-07-2021, 03:53 AM
It is @pberggren1 (https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/member.php?u=406) 's birthday already in Oz, so I just made the yearly donation from both of us.

@andrew (https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/member.php?u=1), I sent to your paypal but then I saw that there is another link here.

Please let me know if you get it ok.

We can never thank you enough, andrew. Sending you prayers and much love :love:

andrew
07-07-2021, 08:11 AM
Thank you so much! Received ok. Happy birthday Phil :thumbup:

gilders
07-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Hi Andrew,
Sent donation usual way via PayPal.
I don't suppose Stripe does international transfers for free??

Alysia
07-08-2021, 03:51 AM
Hi Andrew,

Paypal do take some fee for all transfers from Israel.

andrew
07-08-2021, 08:20 AM
Hi Andrew,

Received :) Thank you very much!

Stripe is a credit card processor so there are no fees and you can set the currency too so you don't pay any conversion fees to AUD. :thumbup:

me2
08-18-2021, 12:45 AM
How often does the boss get a bonus? Not enough in this case. Wishing you all the best and thanks for your tireless efforts to help our people. You are much appreciated Andrew. Make sure you tip a pint or two off of this one my friend. You deserve it. No emoji. I'm on a diet.

andrew
08-18-2021, 10:32 AM
How often does the boss get a bonus? Not enough in this case. Wishing you all the best and thanks for your tireless efforts to help our people. You are much appreciated Andrew. Make sure you tip a pint or two off of this one my friend. You deserve it. No emoji. I'm on a diet.

Thank you! That's very generous of you and humbling for me. Very much appreciated. I will have a pint when the lockdown is over...one day haha

Thanks again so much!

Alysia
07-07-2022, 04:26 AM
And finally...
A decent donate page with two options. You can choose to donate via Paypal which has been the norm or you can use Stripe with which you can use credit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay.

The link to the new donate page is here: https://wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/donate/asp-products/donate-to-wegeners-granulomatosis-com/

I'll also find a way to make a donate button for the website header so it's more obvious.

Questions? Let me know.

The paypal link works very well.

Thank you, andrew, for keeping this wonderful home for us during all those years.

Sending our donation in celebration of my beautiful Phil's birthday. I can't believe it is already 8 years since his last birthday on earth...

Happy Birthday in heaven, my sweet Batman, keep on watching over us. I love you to infinity and beyond.

gilders
07-07-2022, 04:52 AM
Small donation sent.
Thanks again Andrew!

andrew
07-08-2022, 08:28 AM
The paypal link works very well.

Thank you, andrew, for keeping this wonderful home for us during all those years.

Sending our donation in celebration of my beautiful Phil's birthday. I can't believe it is already 8 years since his last birthday on earth...

Happy Birthday in heaven, my sweet Batman, keep on watching over us. I love you to infinity and beyond.

Thank you Alyisia! Very much appreciated! 8 years? It doesn't feel like it's that long :sad:

andrew
07-08-2022, 08:30 AM
Small donation sent.
Thanks again Andrew!

Thank you so much! Always appreciated. I hope you're doing well :thumbup:

Alysia
07-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Dear andrew, thank you for keeping this lovely weggies home all those years. I sent a donation from Phil and from me for his birthday. Please check if you got it. Much love from both of us :love:

vdub
07-09-2023, 12:27 AM
It has been so long since I last posted, so I'm glad I still get a "ping" when someone posts to a few of the threads I'm still subscribed, too. Andrew and I talk almost daily, but I haven't kept up on the forum unless someone reaches out to me. I've been feeling pretty decent for the past few months, that is, as long as I have my drugs -- my pain killers are the ones that makes the biggest difference for me, but I have about 18 others as well. Anyway, "hi to everyone!"

andrew
07-12-2023, 10:22 AM
Dear andrew, thank you for keeping this lovely weggies home all those years. I sent a donation from Phil and from me for his birthday. Please check if you got it. Much love from both of us :love:

Hello! Sorry it took a while I've been away. Your donation came through straight away. Thank you so much :thumbup: it's very welcome and appreciated. Happy belated birthday to Phil!

vdub
10-23-2023, 12:56 AM
Happy Birthday, mate! Its that time of year that I send you a small token of my appreciation for running this forum and being such a good friend to all. Thanks, vw

Masha
10-23-2023, 06:56 AM
Just sent a few Happy Birthday $. This site means a lot. Thank you, Andrew

andrew
10-23-2023, 09:55 AM
Just sent a few Happy Birthday $. This site means a lot. Thank you, Andrew

Received with much appreciation, Masha. Thank you!!!

andrew
10-23-2023, 09:57 AM
Happy Birthday, mate! Its that time of year that I send you a small token of my appreciation for running this forum and being such a good friend to all. Thanks, vw

Thanks Vdub! Always appreciated!!

chrisTIn@
11-07-2023, 08:47 PM
I missed your birthday, Andrew, but thanks to vDub's posting I sent you a donation today.
I hope you received it...:smile1:

Congratulations!

andrew
11-07-2023, 10:09 PM
I missed your birthday, Andrew, but thanks to vDub's posting I sent you a donation today.
I hope you received it...:smile1:

Congratulations!

Yes, received. Thanks so much!! :thumbsup: