PDA

View Full Version : you know you are a weggie when...

Alysia
10-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi,
In the facebook group of vasculitis https://www.facebook.com/groups/332547823431093/ Jim Bornac wrote aboout: you know you have vasculitis when...
he wrote there wonderful things. (I asked his permission to copy them to the forum but I didn't yet get his reply, so you can go there and read)
anyway, I was thinking we can play with it too....

so here is my thread, with my love to you all :love:

you know you are a weggie when...

Alysia
10-04-2013, 03:00 PM
you know you are a weggie when... Struggling to breath is your daily mission….

Alysia
10-04-2013, 03:02 PM
you know you are a weggie when... being not-tired is a rare state...

Alysia
10-04-2013, 03:03 PM
you know you are a weggie when... You cannot allowed yourself to suffer from hemophobia…:rolleyes1:
(http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=12337)

Alysia
10-04-2013, 03:07 PM
you know you are a weggie when... Your most deeply understanding and supporting friends, are those you never meet in person, but you meet them every day... you know some of them only by nickname, but you share similar feelings with them... they live miles away from you (sometimes in the other half of the globe) but they are so close to your soul :love:

Alysia
10-04-2013, 03:16 PM
you know you are a weggie when... too many parts of your body are screaming their poor existence in the most tormentor way... :crying: and when every tiny change in your body scared you to death :w00t:

drz
10-04-2013, 03:42 PM
You know you are a Weggie when you know that GPA stands for something other than grade point average! And you know how to pronounce it too.

pberggren1
10-04-2013, 08:21 PM
I love Jim. He is so funny.

annekat
10-05-2013, 02:22 AM
I read Jim's list of stuff.... funny! I wonder why Weggies have so many problems with memory and foggy thinking? Are our brain cells affected by the disease, is it just the meds, or what? At my age, everyone says they have these problems, and most of them aren't Weggies, so it is harder for them to take me seriously when they are supposedly going through the same thing.

Alysia
10-05-2013, 02:41 AM
you know you are a weggie when... you are very busy with your boogers, collecting them, comparing them, take photo of them... :lol:

gilders
10-05-2013, 06:35 AM
you know you are a weggie when......you know more about your condition than most of the doctors you see!

gilders
10-05-2013, 06:38 AM
you know you are a weggie when......you're immuno-suppressed and you take as much interest in other people's hygiene as your own.

Wegetarian
10-05-2013, 07:06 AM
I read Jim's list of stuff.... funny! I wonder why Weggies have so many problems with memory and foggy thinking? Are our brain cells affected by the disease, is it just the meds, or what? At my age, everyone says they have these problems, and most of them aren't Weggies, so it is harder for them to take me seriously when they are supposedly going through the same thing.

I haven't really noticed anything. Then again my memory hasn't been that great to begin with :)

Wegetarian
10-05-2013, 07:19 AM
- when you have eaten more antibiotics since your diagnosis than in the previous part of your life combined

- you have become so good at describing your symptoms that a fellow patient can understand exactly what kind of lung pain you are feeling

- you have experienced at least a dozen side effects of drugs

- you have trouble consoling someone who is worried about a very minor surgery, since the thought feels so mundane and not scary at all compared to what you are going through

- you no longer pick your nose daily

- you talk about symptoms and ailments just like old ladies do

- you have trouble finding room in your cabinet for your new drugs

SpaceflightAddict
10-05-2013, 11:03 AM
- you talk about symptoms and ailments just like old ladies do

- you talk to old ladies about symptoms and ailments

- you ask your grandmother which calcium supplement she likes best

Alysia
10-05-2013, 05:27 PM
ok. so Jim gave me his permission to copy to here what we wrote:

you know you have vasculitis when....

You use the smoke detector to tell you when dinner is done.

You're the only one who believes you're THAT sick.

Someone asks you what vasculitis is and you've forgotten.

You know every doctor, nurse, within 50 miles of your home - AND you've financed most of their vacations.

You sit in the car for three hours wondering what you needed to do, not even sure where you are.

Any conversation can suddenly turn into a round of "Charades".

You bathe the lawn, fertilize the dog, and brush the kids.

You try to type and discover that you've invented a whole new language.

You put the ice cream in the cupboard (and then wonder why somebody else did something THAT stupid).

The pharmacist sees you coming down the aisle and doesn't even have to ask your name.

You keep sunscreen by every door.

Alysia
10-06-2013, 05:29 PM
you know you are a weggie when... your joints are telling you that it is going to rain soon... unfortunately, they are telling you that it is going to rain even when it is NOT... :thumbdn:

gilders
10-07-2013, 10:41 AM
you know you are a weggie when... your joints are telling you that it is going to rain soon... unfortunately, they are telling you that it is going to rain even when it is NOT... :thumbdn:
Best one so far! Very funny.:laugh:

Alysia
10-07-2013, 06:39 PM
you know you are a weggie when... you feel sadness, sorrow, agony, grief, pain, anguish, gloom ...and your tears are just flowing without control.... :crying:

Alysia
10-07-2013, 10:01 PM
you know you are a weggie when... your mood is in a kind of "roller coaster"... :w00t: partly determind by your doses of pred... :predrage: but not only....:huh:

Alysia
10-07-2013, 10:13 PM
you know you are a weggie when... you just want to replace your body... even for a while... just like Jake is doing - and then starting to run....
Avatar Trailer The Movie (New Extended HD Trailer) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ)

pberggren1
10-08-2013, 12:38 AM
You know you are a Weggie when........you love so many people you have never met. When you feel for so many people that you have met online.

drz
10-08-2013, 05:36 AM
you know you are a weggie when... you just want to replace your body... even for a while... just like Jake is doing - and then starting to run....
Avatar Trailer The Movie (New Extended HD Trailer) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ)

Glad to see Youtube finally got their sound issue fixed. It had been defaulting to no volume every time you played any video on Youtube the past couple days. At first i thought my computer had a problem till I found out it was a problem with Youtube regardless of which browser you used.

Donna-from-Philly
10-08-2013, 07:37 PM
:rolleyes1:You know your a weggie when...
a Medicine cabinet just isn't enough...your list of medicines is longer than the grocery list...the pharmacists calls you by name and asks about the kids and the dog...your friend calls you freaking out because they just got put on 5 mg of prednisone for a rash and can't handle the side effect (and you try not to throttle them)...when you want to scream at the next person who says "I just don't know how you do it"... When your hair grows in from one chemo treatment just in time to fall out from this one...you know your loved ones are crazy because they haven't secretly left you in the middle of the night .....when its 3:00 am and Instead of sleeping you are catching up on the weggie threads waiting for the pain pills to kick in.

love to all! Take care!!

MikeG-2012
10-10-2013, 05:38 AM
...you've went through 10 squeeze bottles and two Water-Pik devices in 18 months, trying to keep your sinuses cleaned out.

...when someone talks about removing "crust" from their bread, you wince, cringe and try to run away.

annekat
10-10-2013, 06:13 AM
When you are spending a lot more time in the Kleenex aisle at the supermarket than you ever though possible....

mishb
10-10-2013, 10:12 PM
When.......you get annoyed at yourself because you missed a day of coming onto this great forum.

When.......you can understand exactly what everyone on here is going through.

When.......you find yourself worrying, throughout the day, about people on here that you have never met.

When.......you cry for another loss of a fabulous, wonderful friend that you had so much in common with, but still, never got to meet.

When.......you shed those same tears, but of happiness, for the many wonderful inspiring stories of success or remission.

Anth
10-10-2013, 10:52 PM
When... You yell at everyone and anything over nothing, tell yourself to calm down and that its the pred talking, then do it all over again the next day :P

Alysia
10-11-2013, 10:54 PM
You know you are a weggie when… each time some kind people who are interested in your health, asking how do you feel, you don't have the energy to really answer them… :unsure: you don't want to burden them… you know it will make them too sad… :sad: SO you answer politely something vague like "better"… and when they smile happy about it, you know you said the right thing… :huh: and when they bless you "full recovery" you thank them politely but whisper inside: "prob will never happen"…
And – you know you are a weggie when... you can come here and really tell how are you: better :smile1:

annekat
10-12-2013, 03:51 AM
When you spend a lot of time in public places looking at the noses of passersby, to see if anyone else besides you has a saddle nose.

When you are glad you wear glasses because they hide your saddle nose.

When you become aware of other people with autoimmune diseases and feel some kinship with them. Especially if they "don't look sick"!

When you count your blessings because you know it could be worse.

Wegetarian
10-15-2013, 11:58 PM
If it's yellow, let it mellow
If it's brown, flush it down
If it's red, check your meds

Alysia
10-16-2013, 01:29 AM
If it's yellow, let it mellow
If it's brown, flush it down
If it's red, check your meds

If it's black, it is a neglect
if It's green, you are a queen

Alysia
10-17-2013, 01:03 AM
...when you feel that you have enough of that **** and you can't bear it anymore...:mad1: not even for one minute... and then you realize that you have no choice and that it is going to be with you untill the rest of your life... :crying: (thank you, Andy, for the inspiration)

Alysia
10-17-2013, 01:08 AM
....when you can appreciate small simple things that ordinary people don't know how precious they are; things like walking, breathing, smiling and being alive.....:biggrin1: (thank you, Michelle, for the inspiration)

Alysia
05-29-2015, 01:02 AM
You know you are a Weggie when........you love so many people you have never met. When you feel for so many people that you have met online.

this thread was a fun thread. I miss the playfulness we used to have here....
my sweet Phil was great in playfulness, wit and humor.
being such a kind soul with such big loving heart to so many people...
he expanded my heart.... and other's.... those he touched with his sweet soul....

Alysia
05-29-2015, 01:07 AM
you know you are a weggie.... when you count your dead :crying:
sorry.

kaysee
06-04-2015, 09:49 AM
this thread was a fun thread. I miss the playfulness we used to have here....
my sweet Phil was great in playfulness, wit and humor.
being such a kind soul with such big loving heart to so many people...
he expanded my heart.... and other's.... those he touched with his sweet soul....
This was a fun thread. Even though I was on the forum for only a few months before Phil left us, I do miss his humor. Wish I had some of it.

annekat
06-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Yes, and now I'm sitting here trying to think of another example of knowing when you are a Weggie, and nothing clever is coming to me!

kaysee
06-04-2015, 12:35 PM
---you're afraid to fly to your 50th class reunion, but you do it any way wearing a mask and with hands dripping in sanitizer.

Alysia
06-05-2015, 06:04 PM
You know you are a weggie ... when you have the most amazing friends from all around the globe, who support you at your worse times... eventhough you never met... like sisters & brothers...
Thank you my friends. I love you.

Jayne 14
06-11-2015, 09:32 AM
We are here always
That's when u know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jancal
08-03-2015, 05:39 AM
You get a cough or nosebleed and wonder if it is this time you get treatment............

Alysia
08-04-2015, 03:03 PM
You get a cough or nosebleed and wonder if it is this time you get treatment............

Of course...