PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Extreme booger pictures ahead. Not Safe For Lunch.

SpaceflightAddict
09-26-2013, 06:21 PM
I warned you. Don't click the link, seriously.

I have had a request to share some of the snotties that came out of my nose after I began treatment for my Wegener's, so here we go.

Really, these are gross. Don't click the link.

Wegener's boogers - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/G6Aem)

Why did you go click that? I told you.

Coins and drivers license provided for scale, these suckers were huge, and felt soooooooooo good coming out.

For about the first two weeks after my treatment began, I was getting these huge necrotic monsters coming out after a sinus rinse.

Since then the discharges have returned to "normal" non blood streaked, moist mucus.

If anyone else has some great booger pics to share, please do! I would love to see them.

Let's try and keep them hidden behind links though, so nobody gets surprises.

-SpaceflightAddict

pberggren1
09-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Those are good pics. Now I just have to find mine and link them somehow without posting the pics directly. Any advice on how to do that Andy?

SpaceflightAddict
09-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Just go to imgur: the simple image sharer (http://imgur.com) and create an album. It is free, and you do not have to create an account to post anything there, so you can keep nice and anonymous. They give you a link to delete the pictures if you don't have an account, so should you need to, you can.

pberggren1
09-26-2013, 06:36 PM
I just realized I already have an album of 3 pics of some snotty nose chunks on here.

Here is the link.......

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/members/pberggren1-albums-chunks-etc.html

They are not very big compared to some I have had in the past or even some I have had later. But will give you an idea of what comes out each day.

andrew
09-26-2013, 07:14 PM
They remind me of the boogers I used to get just after diagnosis. Huge things!!! It's hard to fathom how they can come out of just a small nostril lol

SpaceflightAddict
09-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Did they feel as good coming out as they did for me? I can't even begin to explain the relief I felt when one of those bastards freed themselves from my hear.

andrew
09-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Did they feel as good coming out as they did for me? I can't even begin to explain the relief I felt when one of those bastards freed themselves from my hear.

Ab. So. Lute. Ly. :)

Alysia
09-27-2013, 01:29 AM
sorry for my poor english :blushing: can anyone translate "booger" ? I didn't find it anywhere...
Anne, it is not as awefull as you might think. I just saw it. I am OK. :lol:
in fact, it is intersting to compare.
mine were less bloody and more colorful....
"bloody" thing, this WG....
btw- at the beginning, and when my dx was not "closed", I wanted to show some to my doc but he refused....

gilders
09-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Huge things!!! It's hard to fathom how they can come out of just a small nostril lol

Without getting in to a mine's bigger than yours boast, I can explain why (at least mine) were so much larger (especially longer) than my nostril.
For those who have had these beast boogers, think where did you get the relief from apart from the nose?
In my case the relief mostly came from just under my right eye. The reason being my super length boogers traveled into my sinus cavity. They were so uncomfortable. I used to be almost in tears if the booger broke as I was dragging it out as I would have to wait until enough nostril booger built so that it would reconnect with the sinus booger!

Thank you spaceflightaddict for bringing this subject up. At least I know I'm not a freak now!

SpaceflightAddict
09-27-2013, 02:47 AM
Without getting in to a mine's bigger than yours boast, I can explain why (at least mine) were so much larger (especially longer) than my nostril.
For those who have had these beast boogers, think where did you get the relief from apart from the nose?
In my case the relief mostly came from just under my right eye. The reason being my super length boogers traveled into my sinus cavity. They were so uncomfortable. I used to be almost in tears if the booger broke as I was dragging it out as I would have to wait until enough nostril booger built so that it would reconnect with the sinus booger!

Thank you spaceflightaddict for bringing this subject up. At least I know I'm not a freak now!

My relief was defiantly behind the eyes. After a few of those monsters loosened up and came out, the constant burning searing stabbing pain behind my eyes went down a whole lot. I am still getting decent pain behind my left eye, but nothing like before.

gilders
09-27-2013, 03:46 AM
Don't forget forumites, to check out the prize for the largest booger go to spaceflightaddict's other thread - http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/3379-post-your-battlestations-calling-all-nerds.html :hug3:

Debbie C
09-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Is this a guy thing or what !!!! That's just gross..Shall I show you a picture of me throwing up now !!!:w00t:

pberggren1
09-27-2013, 06:53 AM
It is science Deb.......it is making comparisons.

SpaceflightAddict
09-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Just got back from my first ENT follow up after diagnosis, and that doctor is a miracle worker.

I just had my nose professionally picked, and it was AWESOME. Also talked him into putting some of the endoscope pictures from the exam on my USB stick.

Prepare yourselves, here are the pictures from today's visit, including endoscope pictures from inside my sinuses: Boogers part two - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/w37wt)

Oh man did that feel good. He just kept digging and digging, like a crazed gold miner.

pberggren1
09-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Your nose looks quite good inside besides the crusties. Do you not rinse your nose each day Andy? That is a lot of crusties to get out in one sitting. A lot of those look old as well. I bet you can breath a lot better now.

pberggren1
09-27-2013, 10:01 AM
And what are those white things in the turbinates?

SpaceflightAddict
09-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Your nose looks quite good inside besides the crusties. Do you not rinse your nose each day Andy? That is a lot of crusties to get out in one sitting. A lot of those look old as well. I bet you can breath a lot better now.

I use a NeilMed Sinus rinse three times a day, every day, without fail, and get some nice crusty chunks out every time. My septum was completely destroyed, and most of that was one huge chunk that wedged itself in the hole leftover in a way that he had to break apart in pieces to get out.

The doc said everything looked like it is healing very good. I have a video of the endoscopy that i'm working on getting up soon.

I feel like a million bucks right now!

-SpaceflightAddict

pberggren1
09-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Good to hear. That is awesome. And thanks for those pics. I look forward to the video.

annekat
09-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Just go to imgur: the simple image sharer (http://imgur.com) and create an album. It is free, and you do not have to create an account to post anything there, so you can keep nice and anonymous. They give you a link to delete the pictures if you don't have an account, so should you need to, you can. I did not see way to create an album... is there a home page or whatnot? By doing this, did you share your booger pics with the entire world, at least temporarily? I did not look at any of the booger pics; I figure, you've seen one booger you've seen them all. And I've had some huge ones, just like some of you, so I know what those look like, too. They are often kind of "ruffled" or convoluted in shape, I figure because they have broken loose from being up against the lining of the nasal cavity. Mine don't give relief around or in back of the eyes; I don't have much problem around the eyes, except for more runny mucus coming out the corners of them. I did have a lot more eye discomfort early on, which disappeared with treatment. My buildup seems to be confined to the nasal cavity and openings to the sinuses. I'm not altogether clear on the anatomy. My relief is definitely felt in the nasal area and the back of my throat, where they occasionally come out, though it's usually out the nostrils. My nose immediately becomes less runny, as it is no longer trying to expel them. I have had my ENT extract them a few times; that was pretty good. But using the NeilMed several times in a row usually does about the same thing, and I only have to do that about once a week. I do the NeilMed every day, just not that many times.

Alysia, the translation for "booger" is just what you think it is after seeing those pics, although people without Wegener's probably have much smaller ones..... we have mega-boogers. When we were kids and talked about boogers, we just meant small ones, since we had no clue they could be that big. I did have some big ones before I knew I had Wegs, and did some research and found out that some apparently non-Weggies have them, too. My ENT did not think it was weird to have them, for someone who supposedly was just having recurring sinus infections. But they have gotten a lot bigger since my dx. I figure the damage Wegs has done to my anatomy has created a lot more space for big ones to create themselves.

SpaceflightAddict
09-27-2013, 11:20 AM
And what are those white things in the turbinates?

I have no idea what turbinates are. Could you elaborate?

carriej22
09-27-2013, 11:38 AM
ALIEN SPACE BOOGER SLUG SNAILS FROM OUTERSPACE!

I remember them. Oh my god. One time I swear it was like A FREAKIN CATERPILLAR CAME OUT OF MY NOSE. I was so disgusted.

My husband one time had some interest and wanted to see. I think he still has nightmares about it.

pberggren1
09-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Turbinates are the upper areas in the nose that moisturize the air we breath.

drz
09-27-2013, 03:13 PM
When we were children and before Wegs we thought a booger was a gob of partially dried mucous that came out of our nose. After Wegs our boogers were more often gobs of congealed blood or even partly dried clumps of blood that were usually flushed out in a sinus rinse or by a ENT professional sucking them out. Some times they seem a combination of mucous and blood. The more dried out they are, the larger they are to dislodge. Some times we even cough them up if they have formed from drainage down the back of our throat. Blood coming directly from lungs is usually fresh and bright red if we are bleeding in our lungs if we cough that up.

The dark red nose boogers caused by Wegs always reminded me of the leeches we used for fishing bait. Or even the blood suckers we sometimes got while swimming.

whatthewhat
09-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Omg!! A leech - exactly! I couldn't figure out what the bloody big ones reminded me of, but drz nailed it.

pberggren1
09-27-2013, 09:12 PM
I remember the day I got my first Waterpik to irrigate my nose with. Actually it was called a Grossan Hydropulse unit but it is basically the same thing as a Waterpik. I got so much more out of my nose compared to my rinsing I did before with snorting water up my nose it was amazing. The huge chunks I got out were just crazy the first couple days.

mishb
09-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Omg!! A leech - exactly! I couldn't figure out what the bloody big ones reminded me of, but drz nailed it.

No - they are bigger than a leach and way bigger than a caterpillar.

I have mentioned many times that mine were like tiger slugs from the garden - just as slimy but without the little eyes.

drz
09-27-2013, 11:13 PM
No - they are bigger than a leach and way bigger than a caterpillar.

I have mentioned many times that mine were like tiger slugs from the garden - just as slimy but without the little eyes.

They come in different sizes from 1/2 inch to 10 inches.
About Leeches (http://www.leeches.biz/about-leeches.htm)

That should cover all the sizes. Since leeches are still widely used in medicine, would their be any market or use for bloody boogers besides grossing people out. Maybe they could feed them to the leeches to keep them alive.

mishb
09-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Yes, they are nearly the same thing - the slugs are probably a bit fatter.

We all know what we mean :ohmy:

How do they actually manage to form that big in the first place, especially since we are doing the rinses frequently and they still managed to form.
........and then, how do they come out :razz:

pberggren1
09-27-2013, 11:45 PM
They form in the turbinates and other crevasses that the Wegs damage causes. The nose is bigger than most people realize.

pberggren1
09-27-2013, 11:47 PM
The biggest crusties I got out of my nose were in 2009. Many were just over 2 inches by 1 inch in size. And get this.....there even bigger chunks coming out of my throat. Most bigger than a silver dollar.

annekat
09-28-2013, 02:00 AM
EEEEEWW!!! For some reason, mine are not long like a slug or leech. They are more flat and ruffly, or like big blobs. Sometimes with blood mixed in and sometimes not. I might add that sometimes the colors are quite amazing, like a bright or dark green or sort of aqua colored.

Alysia
09-28-2013, 04:41 PM
mine used to be very big (about 3-4cmx1-2cm) before rtx. and bleeding. now there are not so many, much smaller, and almost with no blood. every couple of days comes out one big. the day before I can't breath through my nose. I don't do any rinses, because it hurts my ears if I try. I am just doing hot showers, blowing and waiting to it to come out. the relief is also in my ears, but sometimes my ears are aching when it get out.

annekat
09-28-2013, 04:56 PM
mine used to be very big (about 3-4cmx1-2cm) before rtx. and bleeding. now there are not so many, much smaller, and almost with no blood. every couple of days comes out one big. the day before I can't breath through my nose. I don't do any rinses, because it hurts my ears if I try. I am just doing hot showers, blowing and waiting to it to come out. the relief is also in my ears, but sometimes my ears are aching when it get out. I get some warning, too, when a big one is coming, with more feeling of congestion in nose, though I can always still breathe through it. There may be more running, as the nose tries to expel it. I get relief around the ears, too... when the chunk is gone and the water flows freer, I can feel it rushing past my eustachian tube openings. I'm sorry you cannot use the rinse. Does your ENT occasionally clean out the big chunks? I would think without being able to rinse, that might be necessary. But I guess the hot showers help a lot, and you might try inhaling steam from a bowl of hot water, towel over head, mint or other herbs in water. Works for me and is soothing, helps the breathing.

Alysia
09-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Does your ENT occasionally clean out the big chunks? I would think without being able to rinse, that might be necessary.

thanks Anne.
my ENT (not the expert I went to once) is quite helpless with me. he looks afraid whenever I came to his office :w00t: I once had another ENT who tried to clean my nose but it was like "slaughter". too much blood around. even dangerous, I think.
I prefare to take care of my nose very gently and patiently, otherwise it makes me more harm then benefit (to my nose & ears !)

SpaceflightAddict
09-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Yesterday, even after I got all that wonderful crud removed from my sinuses, I was just feeling so run down. I had a lot of pain in my sinuses, my guess is that all the freshly revealed membranes in my sinuses started healing themselves, and that is what I was feeling. Anyways, when ive done my sinus rinses since the ENT visit on Thursday, all I have gotten out is very moist snot, nothing crusty.

Good to hear. That is awesome. And thanks for those pics. I look forward to the video.

Here are the videos, sorry about the delay getting them up, but I did not feel like doing anything yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh1hmIsOLEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8kkGJE_Xg8

Turbinates are the upper areas in the nose that moisturize the air we breath.

Ah, I think that what you are seeing is where my septum used to be. I have absolutely no septum anymore. The Wegener's completely destroyed it, so my guess is you are seeing the areas where it was attached in the healing process.

mine used to be very big (about 3-4cmx1-2cm) before rtx. and bleeding. now there are not so many, much smaller, and almost with no blood. every couple of days comes out one big. the day before I can't breath through my nose. I don't do any rinses, because it hurts my ears if I try. I am just doing hot showers, blowing and waiting to it to come out. the relief is also in my ears, but sometimes my ears are aching when it get out.

I get the same sensations. When I feel a biggie start moving around up there, I grab the rinse bottle and go to town until it comes out. One time I went through a whole gallon of distilled water trying to get one out, but it was too big, and would wedge itself where my septum used to be every time it got close to blowing free. The ENT had to break it out in pieces because it had been in there a while and become solid and brittle.

I kinda want to get a used video endoscope and some medical implments and try to pull the big ones out myself, but I think I will leave that to my professional nose picker lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day! Keep a smile on your face, even on those days you don't want to.

-SpaceflightAddict

drz
09-29-2013, 03:11 AM
The sinus video reminds me of when they scoped my lungs to try find where I was bleeding. sort of like that sci fi movie where they traveled inside the human body to try fix something.

FW WegWife
09-29-2013, 03:15 AM
I wish I could stop checking this thread but I can't. Some dark force within me compels it. Now I know where to go for a quick appetite suppressant so thanks for that anyway.

Dirty Don
09-29-2013, 03:20 AM
OK people...time to be ungross again! I stopped picking and showing 'boogers' with Bernie Anderson down the street when I was 8...methinks it's time to let up on people's strange appetites for the grossness and morbidity of 'beautiful booger' talk! LOL! Back to my coffee!

pberggren1
09-29-2013, 08:26 AM
I think the next time I see my ENT I will ask him if it is possible to get a copy of a scope.

carriej22
09-29-2013, 11:24 AM
DON'T say that they are bigger than caterpillars. Else I will think you're an alien lol

these were the caterpillars I speak off.. The horned ones I find in my TOMATOES... Grrrr.. Pesky little demons

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/a/5/a560a_ORIG-CP_01_09_Tomato_Hornworm_JSS_HD.jpg

pberggren1
09-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Some of my boogers have even been bigger than that hun.

carriej22
09-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Then you're an alien if they are as long as your hand. You need to worry. LOL

pberggren1
09-29-2013, 11:40 AM
I am almost ready to take over earth.

annekat
09-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Carrie, those are tomato hornworms, as I'm sure you know. I never saw one until I moved to California and my family had some tomato plants... the first one I saw was very big and pulsating, and it really freaked me out. Later, I saw some much smaller ones, which were actually kind of cute. They are very destructive to tomatoes, as you know. I did some research in a book back then, since there were no computers, and learned that the same caterpillar lives on and damages tobacco plants. And the moth that it becomes is the Sphinx moth, a large brown moth with long wings. I remember seeing one of our cats with a Sphinx moth in its mouth and the two long wings hanging out.

pberggren1
09-29-2013, 12:47 PM
And now back to our regular scheduled programming..........BOOGERS!!!!

annekat
09-29-2013, 01:25 PM
I agree with Don. All of this focusing on boogers is somewhat juvenile in character. But for those who still want to, the thread is here, go for it! Fun with boogers!

pberggren1
09-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Boogers is just a reality I live with every day.

annekat
09-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Me, too, although I guess not EVERY day. I remember when it WAS every day, so I guess I must be getting better.

pberggren1
09-29-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm glad you are getting better Anne and don't have to rinse your nose every day.....:thumbsup:

annekat
09-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Well, my plan is to still rinse it twice a day, though I don't always live up to it. But doing the multiple rinses to get out the big stuff is not usually necessary more often than once a week.

pberggren1
10-04-2013, 07:56 PM
gonna try and link a pic here........hmm

gilders
10-04-2013, 08:00 PM
gonna try and link a pic here........hmm
Beautiful looking starfish!

pberggren1
10-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Let's try this again.......

Boogers - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/kpVEH)

pberggren1
10-04-2013, 08:06 PM
It works for me now......:thumbsup:. Just a little booger that popped out of my left nostril this evening.....lol. Yes, it does look like a starfish.....lol. I guess I have to quit swimming in the ocean.

Alysia
10-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Let's try this again.......
Boogers - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/kpVEH)

perfect form. designed.

Alysia
10-06-2013, 04:59 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1380184_367575180039264_748184952_n.jpg

SpaceflightAddict
10-06-2013, 06:10 AM
That's so purrrrfect.

pberggren1
10-06-2013, 06:11 AM
I would not post pics of my boogers on facebook. Most could not handle that......lol

greenjeep
10-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Ahh, the good ole days. I had sinus surgery before i was diagnosed to try and fix my condition. On 2 or 3 follow up visits to my ENT he extracted one of these from each of my nostrils. He had no experience with wegener's and it freaked him out. He went and did a computer serch (i think) and came back and asked me if i had been doing cocaine. A few days later my primary physician tested me for Wegener's. I remember the relief when he took them out too. I felt it deeeeeeeeep back behind my nose to my throat - then i could breath!! To me this was active Wegener's without any treatment. As soon as I started Cytoxan this stopped. Have you been on any treatment?

pberggren1
10-06-2013, 10:53 AM
greenjeep, are you asking me if I have been on treatment? If so, yes, lots, ctx, rtx, mtx, aza.....all the main ones.

Mizamonie
10-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the best laugh of the week! I'm glad you felt soooooo much better after your sinus purge.

Alysia
10-06-2013, 05:05 PM
I would not post pics of my boogers on facebook. Most could not handle that......lol

your starfish can get along with carrie's aquarium...:wink1:

NikkiNicole
10-07-2013, 12:17 AM
I hate to be the one to turn the conversation back to the gross globs that live in our nose, but ... I had my first very black, very chunky looking glob come out of my nose yesterday. I had to step into the bathroom at work and clean a pathway in my nose for the air. My nose felt like a cavern with stalagmites and stalagtites shooting out from both the top and bottom. So I got a tissue and cleaned it a bit ... grabbing out that very black thing.
At first, I was started because nothing that color has ever come out of my nose.
Alas, I remembered the photos from the beginning of this post and relaxed a little. I've had clotty things before but never this dark.
I've only had one injection of MTX, I take another tomorrow. I'm hoping in a few weeks I'll finally start to see some improvement!!!!!

greenjeep
10-07-2013, 02:47 AM
greenjeep, are you asking me if I have been on treatment? If so, yes, lots, ctx, rtx, mtx, aza.....all the main ones.

No, I am well aware of your involvement! I was referring to the original poster, Spaceflightaddict, in that I had these monster globs before I was diagnosed and have not had them since starting treatment. I just makes me wander if Spaceflightaddict is in the middle of an untreated relapse?? Hope not, and I'm sure Spaceflightaddict is hip to the routine, just concerned.

Terry

SpaceflightAddict
10-07-2013, 05:07 AM
I hate to be the one to turn the conversation back to the gross globs that live in our nose, but ... I had my first very black, very chunky looking glob come out of my nose yesterday. I had to step into the bathroom at work and clean a pathway in my nose for the air. My nose felt like a cavern with stalagmites and stalagtites shooting out from both the top and bottom. So I got a tissue and cleaned it a bit ... grabbing out that very black thing.
At first, I was started because nothing that color has ever come out of my nose.
Alas, I remembered the photos from the beginning of this post and relaxed a little. I've had clotty things before but never this dark.
I've only had one injection of MTX, I take another tomorrow. I'm hoping in a few weeks I'll finally start to see some improvement!!!!!

I started my official treatment for Wegener's on August 31, 2013, (which is Prednisone 60mg daily, CTX oral 150mg daily, and Bactrim 400-80mg daily), and I was getting these huge black/bloody/mucusy boogers coming out with my daily sinus rinses for about two weeks before they cleared to more normal looking mucus/dried mucus. Hopefully it will clear up for you soon. It did for me rather quickly, but I am under aggressive treatment at the moment. I am not sure how aggressively they are going after your Wegener's at the moment.

No, I am well aware of your involvement! I was referring to the original poster, Spaceflightaddict, in that I had these monster globs before I was diagnosed and have not had them since starting treatment. I just makes me wander if Spaceflightaddict is in the middle of an untreated relapse?? Hope not, and I'm sure Spaceflightaddict is hip to the routine, just concerned.

Terry

No need for concern greenjeep, I am in good hands. I was diagnosed a little over a month ago, and that is when aggressive treatment started. I am in very good hands and being treated at Johns Hopkins, and my rheumatology and ENT doctors are both Johns Hopkins experts in dealing with Wegener's. The nastier pictures at the start of the thread are from the first two weeks of treatment, and things have improved considerably since then, if you dig through the thread a little, you can find the pictures from my first ENT follow up appointment which show marked improvement in the color of the mucus discharges. Be assured that everything is going well, and I am in the best hands in the world for my newfound lifelong burden.

I got very lucky, as I walked into the ER thinking that I just had a really bad sinus infection, but the first ENT doctor at the ER that saw me immediately suspected Wegener's, and got me admitted to Hopkins ASAP. I still need to send him a thank you letter, as I feel that he saved my life with his knowledge and willingness to consider such a rare disease as the issue at hand when everyone else suspected fungal or bacterial superinfections. He stopped the other doctors at the initial hospital from treating me for those or performing surgery (which as I understand now could of made things much much worse) and held everyone off until Wegener's could be confirmed or dismissed.

pberggren1
10-07-2013, 07:05 AM
I think Anne has a split personality on here......lol

greenjeep
10-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I started my official treatment for Wegener's on August 31, 2013, (which is Prednisone 60mg daily, CTX oral 150mg daily, and Bactrim 400-80mg daily), and I was getting these huge black/bloody/mucusy boogers coming out with my daily sinus rinses for about two weeks before they cleared to more normal looking mucus/dried mucus. Hopefully it will clear up for you soon. It did for me rather quickly, but I am under aggressive treatment at the moment. I am not sure how aggressively they are going after your Wegener's at the moment.

This sounds exactly like my month-in regimen. Good to hear you are in such good hands. It took several doctors and 6 mos. of sinus hell to get a dx for me, but there are others on this forum that went years without a dx i'm sure!

whatthewhat
10-30-2013, 02:25 PM
I want to post a picture but I don't know how (yet.) I wound up taking a picture of a crusty BD (before diagnosis) that even has a ruler for scale lol b/c I felt the pediatrician's office was not fully understanding me when I said some big weird stuff was coming out of her nose :-/

pberggren1
10-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Go to the beginning of this tread and Andy posted a link to imgur that you can use to post a link to.

Stacy
10-31-2013, 05:34 PM
These are awesome! I still pull a few large boogers out every now and then and show my husband and kids to gross them out. :)

pberggren1
10-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Hey Stacy, glad you like our booger pics.....lol. And glad to see you have posted now. Please feel free to share you story soon on a new thread. We would love to hear about you.

D.B.
11-09-2013, 04:32 AM
lol never thought i'd be laughing about the "beasts". i should document mine and share (they can be quite impressive). clearing them does provide some reluef (especially under eye) but then creates more pain in roof of mouth. so when weg inactive this will go away????

Alysia
11-09-2013, 04:51 AM
lol never thought i'd be laughing about the "beasts". i should document mine and share (they can be quite impressive). clearing them does provide some reluef (especially under eye) but then creates more pain in roof of mouth. so when weg inactive this will go away????

welcome D.B. :) lovely entrance to the forum :)
if you are lucky and getting good treatment by good doc, then the boogers might become smaller or even leave you. but if you are not lucky enough they can be part of your daily life. please tell us more about you. you can do it at the "new members introduction".
p.s. I like your signature !

D.B.
11-09-2013, 05:06 AM
hi and thank you Alysia. i'm currently waiting on insurance authorization for rtx infusions. i'll be introducing myself soon. just ned to find an hour ir so to get in laptop to share my story lol posting from phone is challenging

Alysia
11-09-2013, 05:25 AM
hi and thank you Alysia. i'm currently waiting on insurance authorization for rtx infusions. i'll be introducing myself soon. just ned to find an hour ir so to get in laptop to share my story lol posting from phone is challenging

take your time D.B. :) we are here 24/7 :cool:

KimH
11-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I take photos of my boogers to show my Dr. No I am not going to share them but I think I discharged the Alien.OMG! Some one call Sigourney weaver Lol. It is good to know it is not only me.

pberggren1
11-09-2013, 01:38 PM
I would like to see them Kim. Can you send them to me in a private message or e-mail?

Julbkwrm
11-12-2013, 09:14 AM
So I usally get a good cleaning at the ENT. They joke that I make them work for their money. I know it was a good visit when my teeth are sore afterwards. That means they cleaned out a ton of "junk".

pberggren1
11-12-2013, 11:16 AM
That reminds me I should book an appointment with my ENT for next month and go for a scope too to see how things are in the plumbing department.

Alysia
11-12-2013, 06:09 PM
That reminds me I should book an appointment with my ENT for next month and go for a scope too to see how things are in the plumbing department.

It seems to me fit to copy to here your pic from fb of the digging man. can you ?

pberggren1
11-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't remember a digging man?

Alysia
11-12-2013, 06:18 PM
this one. I hope it is ok that I copy it here.
all rights resreved to Phil :wink1: including "likes" to this pic

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/988369_221690307999567_1827559931_n.jpg

pberggren1
11-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Now I remember.....lol

This was posted by Gwen I think.

debhaz22
01-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Oh my God, I just looked at the pics and they are exactly what is stuck in my nostrils. I had a nasal biopsy and cauterization almost 8 weeks ago and the ENT who did the surgery told me honestly he has no idea why it's not healing at all. He keeps insisting it WG but the biopsy came back inconclusive. I even saw my GP and she gave me a hug and said I'm sorry, you have something but I just don't know what it is. I am terrified. I have been to Cleveland and have had a call into Villa Forte 3 days ago with no call back. Can I ask you all if these "things" in your nose occurred after a surgery or did they just start appearing? I also now have a huge nasal perforation. I have had a positive C-ANCA for at least 9 months but no PR3. Anyone can help? Please???

pberggren1
01-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Hmm....C-ANCA is PR3, I don't follow there. Sounds like your Wegs is active all this time. How many ENTs have you seen about this? I would be tempted to go see one at CC or even Bob Lebovics in NY.

annekat
01-18-2014, 05:57 PM
These things appear in our noses whether we have had surgery or not, if we have sinus involvement. There is a lot of extra thick mucus being produced and it sort of gets stuck in our sinus passageways and nasal cavities and doesn't flow out easily, so it forms those big chunks which turn different colors while in there and eventually have to come out in all their glory! Or at least that is how I understand it, and anyone can correct me if I don't have it quite right.

pberggren1
01-18-2014, 05:57 PM
I've always had nasty crusting and boogers in my nose but always was able to get them out on my own with the Waterpik.

SpaceflightAddict
01-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Oh my God, I just looked at the pics and they are exactly what is stuck in my nostrils. I had a nasal biopsy and cauterization almost 8 weeks ago and the ENT who did the surgery told me honestly he has no idea why it's not healing at all. He keeps insisting it WG but the biopsy came back inconclusive. I even saw my GP and she gave me a hug and said I'm sorry, you have something but I just don't know what it is. I am terrified. I have been to Cleveland and have had a call into Villa Forte 3 days ago with no call back. Can I ask you all if these "things" in your nose occurred after a surgery or did they just start appearing? I also now have a huge nasal perforation. I have had a positive C-ANCA for at least 9 months but no PR3. Anyone can help? Please???

Sounds like you need to see an expert to get a diagnosis. Nasal biopsies and ANCA tests alone are not reliable for diagnosing this disease. A wegs expert will look at all the evidence available to determine a diagnosis.

I had two "inconclusive" nasal biopsies, and have always been ANCA negative, but all of the other factors considered left me with a Wegener's diagnosis.

I never had any surgery on my sinuses, these "things" started coming out all on their own. Thankfully, with proper treatment, it has been a while now since anything has come out of my nose.

I hope your doctors can get on top of it soon!

debhaz22
01-19-2014, 05:36 AM
Hi Phil,
I guess there are 2 types of antibodies when they talk about C-ANCA; 1 is PR3 (which seems to be associated with WG), and then MPO which associates with other types of vasculitis. Since my C-ANCA was positive but the other 2 markers were negative my Rheumatologist blew it off and said it means nothing. Anyone?????

khaisley
01-19-2014, 02:10 PM
looks familiar...PJ agrees...it feels so good when it comes out!

debhaz22
01-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Do "they" come back again??

Alysia
01-20-2014, 05:01 AM
Hi Deb,
what do you mean by "come back again" ? as long as you are not getting the right treatment for wg, and it is still active, then all the time there is more crusting, bleeding, boogers, etc :sad: you need to get treatment.
about the c-anca: I investigated it: c-anca is positive usually ONLY on WG and crohn disease. pr3 should come along with it. maybe the labs are not doing it correctly.

Jaypfei
04-16-2014, 08:24 AM
OMgosh! I read this thread last night and I've got to say, I laughed till I thought I might wet myself. Yep, it may be juvenile, but it was funny and I couldn't help myself.
While I was sick and before diagnosis I too would have the most awful stuff come out of my nose. Once I started the prednisone and cyclophosphamide , it seemed to slow down. Then about three weeks after starting treatment? I was snarffing these whitish gray, almost leathery textured masses.
Just glad to know I was normal after reading everyone else post. ��

SpaceflightAddict
04-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Oh man, I forgot about this thread. I can't believe it keeps going on. I was on sooooooooooooooo many drugs the whole first couple of months I was posting here lol. Now much more sober me looks at these and can't believe he wrote and posted so much. I regret nothing :biggrin1:

Alysia
04-17-2014, 01:14 AM
one of the best threads ever :thumbsup:

annekat
04-17-2014, 02:19 AM
one of the best threads ever :thumbsup: Except that I STILL cannot bring myself to look at the pictures!

Alysia
04-17-2014, 02:48 AM
Except that I STILL cannot bring myself to look at the pictures!
serious ? :mellow: you are missing all the fun :wink1:

mishb
04-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Except that I STILL cannot bring myself to look at the pictures!

Me either :razz:

Alysia
04-19-2014, 02:02 AM
Me either :razz:

you ? tough aussie weggie ? :ohmy: I can't believe it....
and you are missing Phil's starfish, on page 6, masterpiece :p

annekat
04-19-2014, 03:13 AM
you ? tough aussie weggie ? :ohmy: I can't believe it....
and you are missing Phil's starfish, on page 6, masterpiece :p A booger in the shape of a starfish? Now I REALLY don't want to see it.

MikeG-2012
04-19-2014, 04:47 AM
A booger in the shape of a starfish? Now I REALLY don't want to see it.

Na, na, na, na. I DOUBLE DARE YOU!! :flapper:

ROFL!

annekat
04-19-2014, 04:56 PM
I'd rather just look at a starfish, Mike!

MikeG-2012
04-20-2014, 07:49 AM
I'd rather just look at a starfish, Mike!

If you haven't experienced it in your sink at home, then I understand why you wouldn't want to look at it here!

Its funny in my house when a big crust blows out, my wife usually hears it in the sink, and comments that it must be a big one. Occasionally, she has to look just to satisfy curiosity. (-8. I love that lady! I guess that's what in good times and bad meant almost 23 years ago! (-8

Here's to you never having to see the extreme boogers--even your own!

annekat
04-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Mike, I HAVE seen my own extreme boogers! I can handle seeing my own, just don't want to look at other people's! I already know what they look like! I LOVE the feeling of getting rid of an extreme booger, and seeing it is part of the excitement! However, now that my sinuses have self-obliterated, I won't be seeing as many, if any, and if I miss them, I might have to visit this thread. I don't think it will be on my priority list, though.

jlove
04-20-2014, 04:31 PM
My boyfriend also does this... He can tell when a good one hits the tissue and he'll say "feel better now?"

I used to call them "cone boogers" when I first started experiencing the crusting. One time, I stuck my pinky into my nose and basically pulled out a mold of the inside of my nose. I thought there must be someone somewhere in the world who would be amazed by this.

Anyway, glad I joined this forum because there are not many people who I can talk to about my boogers haha

annekat
04-20-2014, 05:25 PM
My cats are the only ones in the room to hear me say "Oh, my God!" when a huge one lands in the sink.

Alysia
04-20-2014, 05:44 PM
we can make a horror movie:
"The landing of the booogers" :w00t:
(music please.... )
boogers as aliens trying to "dominate" poor weggie's nose.... :sneaky:
cruel war is going on.... :predrage:
water (of the rinses) and blood (we must have enough blood in our movie)
then the vicious booger is out :drool:
WHEW, such a big relief :ohmy:
applause please :hug3:

LaurenGoodwin
03-12-2017, 07:24 AM
i didn't read all 11 pages but i read a lot and didn't really see many pictures...i wanna show mine how do i put them up here.

LaurenGoodwin
03-12-2017, 07:34 AM
WG - Album on Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/R4v1U) this might work? heres all the pics I've taken

drz
03-12-2017, 07:40 AM
WG - Album on Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/R4v1U) this might work? heres all the pics I've taken

It works and yep, those are really gross!

LaurenGoodwin
03-12-2017, 08:09 AM
lol yeah there gross is this what yours looked like?

Pete
03-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Nasty!! Glad I've never had this problem.

Alysia
03-13-2017, 05:04 AM

It looks too bad. Indicating both wg activity and an infection. I think you need to get a serious treatment for both. It might be that mtx is not strong enough. For me it was not. Also you must get the right antibiotics.

LaurenGoodwin
03-13-2017, 12:50 PM
these pictures were more of how it started it doesn't really look like that anymore. next debridement ill take a more recent picture.

MikeG-2012
03-14-2017, 12:50 AM
When I was in full sinus flare-up, mine were MUCH larger. When the doc says, "OK, here it comes..." and you feel your nose strain to get it out of the opening, then you've really experienced something. (-8 LOL!

MikeG-2012
03-14-2017, 12:51 AM
these pictures were more of how it started it doesn't really look like that anymore. next debridement ill take a more recent picture.

I would say, "Thanks for sharing...", but not sure I should. :lol: LOL!!!

John S
03-20-2017, 12:45 AM
I had extreme buggers for months and referred to them as caterpillars or wooly bears. I never took photos of them but the pics I see here are very similar. I find that the NeilMed Sinus rinse helps get them out. I also use the Navage device that I bought on Amazon.

John S
03-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Stuffing my nostrils with Vaseline helped a lot too. It made those big nasty's pop out of my schnoz like a cannon.