PDA

View Full Version : Barbara is back

Barbara N
09-19-2013, 05:42 AM
My trip to Madrid went very well my ENT had never seen what he saw in me. One ear had implosions and the other explosion of the ear drum. He cut away a lot of crusting and then did something like you might find at the fun fair. It was a machine that pumped saline solution at a very fast and powerful rate into the ear and then with the same speed a strong vacuum pulled it all out and then some more trimming of the remaining crust. It was all so fast and powerful but worked like a charm. at first I had a bit of pain at the top of the nose but then it went away. I have a tiny bit of bleeding but I never seen anything like this machine. My ENT sent a very strong letter to the ENT's of Almeria telling them that they have to get their act together. Also told them some thing that I would be needing. I also got my bubble wrap fot the next time I go riding for those of you that are concerned. LOL I feel like my flare is over and I feel really well. I think I am going to stay really healthy for a while. I'm tired of being sick and I want to ride every day. So all in all it was a good trip I won't tell you the part about losing my bag on the train or getting robbed out of my hotel room getting a ticket for the wrong day. Small little inconveniences like that. Tomorrow will be a wonderful day so smile and be happy.:rolleyes1::biggrin1::wink1:

mishb
09-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Barbara, that is fantastic news.

I'm so glad you went to this guy in Madrid - he sounds like an excellent doc to have on your team.

Now make sure you use some strong gaffer tape to hold the bubble wrap on - and enjoy your horse :flapper:

gilders
09-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Great news!
Finding a Dr that understands WG is half the battle,
Looking forward to hearing happy horse riding stories!

Alysia
09-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi Barbara,
I am glad that you are back and that things are much better now :hug3:
I hope you are going to be "as healthy as a horse" and ride your horse a lot (It is a say in heberw, means being strong and healthy, I hope the meaning is similar in english as well ?)
and sure, tell us the other stories of your trip to Madrid.... :)

gilders
09-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I hope you are going to be "as healthy as a horse" and ride your horse a lot (It is a say in heberw, means being strong and healthy, I hope the meaning is similar in english as well ?)

Hi Alysia,
Yes we have "healthy as a horse" idiom. Along with "strong as an ox" and "sick as a dog". As dog's are generally well cared for now and are not always sick, maybe "as sick as a Weggie" would be a more appropriate modern idiom.:flapper:

Debbie C
09-20-2013, 03:25 AM
Barbara,I too am so glad eveything (well almost everything ) went well In Madrid. I hope the doc's letter will get the other ones near you on the ball and watch you more. Enjoy your riding and stay in the saddle !!