PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

gilders
09-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Just a quick post to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome. I am in a nervous period at the moment where I am showing plenty of relapse symptoms and have had a positive ANCA results for the last 10 months. My current health and kidney function dictates the fact that I need 100% proof of relapse before I begin treatment which makes this a very stressful period.

I also want to thank Wegetarian, once again, for telling me about the cabin that's available to rent for free for vasculitis sufferers (through the Lauren Currie Twilight Foundation). I have booked 4 nights at the end of July next year. Although I am a fighter when it comes to this illness, having vacations to look forward to really gives me something to focus on.

NikkiNicole
09-14-2013, 06:29 AM
I am so jealous. I want to go too. I couldn't get the link to open. I am going to try again when I get back home to my own computer as Facebook is blocked here at work. Well, not blocked, just not allowed.

I am hoping and praying that you start to turn around and that there is NO relapse in your future. We want you healthy! Please keep us posted!!!

gilders
09-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi Nikki.
There's not that much info on the Facebook page.
The foundation has it's own website, which is a good read and has details of the cabin.
LCFT Cabin (http://www.thelaurencurrietwilightfoundation.org/lcft-cabin.html)

pberggren1
09-14-2013, 07:02 AM
I think I will have to make a trip to England now......hmm

Debbie C
09-14-2013, 12:48 PM
I just read about the cabin and its sounds like a lovely get away. Is it far from where you live Gliders? Hope you have a wonderful time. I'd like to go there also....Phil is the jet ready yet ????!!!!!!

pberggren1
09-14-2013, 01:55 PM
I've got 6 jets now fueled and ready.

Wegetarian
09-14-2013, 04:46 PM
We are all really happy to have you hear gliders :) Great that you found a suitable time to get the cabin. It sure sounded like a nice place to have a vacation.

gilders
09-15-2013, 04:49 AM
I just read about the cabin and its sounds like a lovely get away. Is it far from where you live Gliders? Hope you have a wonderful time. I'd like to go there also....Phil is the jet ready yet ????!!!!!!

It's over 300 miles away with about half of the journey on smaller windy roads. I'd guess about 6 1/5 hour drive, not including any breaks and with no heavy traffic.

I had a seizure last year so wasn't allowed to drive. My wife couldn't drive, so things were difficult. My sister paid for her driving lessons and she passed early this year. I'm back driving and with my wife driving, at least we can share the long drive up.

Debbie C
09-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Well you can always pack some food and pull over to rest when you need to