PDA

View Full Version : AL

drz
09-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Al was only active here about nine months but posted over 200 times per month, most likely a record for any members. Reading some of his old posts gives one a good flavor of what an asset he was to us. Too bad he isn't here to enjoy meeting some of more recent members so they could have also benefited from his wisdom.

NikkiNicole
09-14-2013, 06:31 AM
It is always heartbreaking to me when I come across postings from Al, Jack or Lightwarrior knowing that they are no longer with us. It's a kick in my arse to stay on top of symptoms and ... it's sad that I never had a chance to get to know them on this forum.

They were wonderful people, I can tell just from their posts. I am glad there is still a part of them here, preserved forever.

crackers
09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
they are, and always will be, missed by their families and all of us but their wit,wisdom and memory will live on and help and inspire present and future members of our wegs family.i feel privileged to have known them. john.

mishb
09-14-2013, 12:00 PM
So true.

Every time I eat vegemite or mention bubble wrap, I think of Al.......he used to tease me about it.
Every time I play Words with Friends on fb, I think of Lightwarrior.........we had some great chats during games.
Every time I go and have my blood tests and they try, yet again, to find a good vein, I think of poor Jack.......he had such a hard time at the end.

The same goes for others on here that haven't passed though. I miss SANGYE - where the heck are you

Unfortunately or fortunately, I think of everyone on a daily basis - ones that still post regularly and others that we haven't heard from for quite a while.
I wonder what you are all up too. Are you having a good day. Are you in pain. Are you now fine and out living it up.
(I only say, unfortunately, because that means I have to be a stalker on here every day - to see how everyone is going). :razz:

I am thankful for this forum and all of the people on here.

NikkiNicole
09-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I am already SO attached to the people I've communicated with on here. We share a rather unfortunate bond but an important one because there isn't anyone else that knows what this is like. I am grateful for their wisdom, left behind for us to cherish, and I am grateful that I have this place, this space, and all of you great people.

Debbie C
09-14-2013, 12:39 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again ...this is a great group of understanding and loving people. I am so glad I found all of you and "thank you ,Andrew" for making it all possible.It just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't come on here and see how everyone is doing and Michelle,I'm like you , I too wonder what happened to the people who used to be on here and hope they are all well. Thank you all for being here .....love you guys !!!!:love:

pberggren1
09-14-2013, 12:40 PM
And then there is Batman.....I am the guardian of this group.

NikkiNicole
09-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Now I have an image of Phil standing on top of a building, looking down at all of us posting away.

pberggren1
09-14-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm actually on a mountain.......:wink1:

mishb
09-14-2013, 03:37 PM
And then there is Batman.....I am the guardian of this group.

But that just goes without saying :biggrin1:

Where would we be.......without Batman :thumbsup:

pberggren1
09-14-2013, 03:42 PM
My Weggies come first.

annekat
09-14-2013, 06:46 PM
I am lucky enough to have joined while Jack, Al, and Lightwarrior were still with us. I communicated with Light a bit about diets. Al is the one I was most active with, and I actually met him, right here in Olympia, since he also lived in Washington and came down here to record special concerts at the Governor's mansion. Olympia is the state capital. Al lived in the beautiful San Juan Islands in the far northern pare of the state. And I met a special friend through Al and the mansion concerts. I miss all three of them.

Michelle, Sangye is alive and well on Twitter. When I go there, it is mainly to look for her tweets. They are often about politics or other news of the day, or about the goings on at her Buddhist temple. Sometimes they are about her pets or the wild animals in her yard. She maintains a sense of humor whenever possible. I think she still has some ups and downs with Wegs but is generally doing OK. And she has been on here a couple of times to report something positive. I don't think she means anything negative by her absence. She may have just gotten burned out... at one time, she was reading every single post without fail and responding to a great many of them. I know that if anyone wants to send her a private message, she will answer.

Alysia
09-15-2013, 04:18 AM
I am very grateful to belong to this amazing weggie family.
Al and Jack and Lightwarior are like our ancestors, watching us from heaven.
The wisdom they left behind, is with us. their candle is giving us light.
I feel secure and protected here. I have your hands holding my hand. I'm sending my hand to hold yours. when we are together, the scary thing called "having wg" becomes much less frightenning. even funny sometimes.
and sure, we could't have survive here if you were not watching us, Phil. thank you so much for your wise and kind advices and support, and for your great sense of humor. I know we can count on you. :thumbup:

pberggren1
09-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Thank you. I love each and everyone of you. You are all my family......:thumbsup:

Michael Bell
09-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Hi Phil, It is always sad when another member of this family dies. I do not post often but read when I can.
I am doing well at the moment and was given the all clear on my liver yesterday which had been showing signs of stress.
It seems to have recovered on its own. Despite how ill I was when this awful disease hit me I have responded well to treatment,
and find that my bloody minded stuborness is one of the best things going for me. I wish everyone well and hope someday they can find a cure
or a less troublesome treatment.
Mike Bell

pberggren1
09-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Good to hear you are doing well Michael Bell. If I remember correctly there is a Jaguar factory at Crewe?

Michael Bell
09-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Good to hear you are doing well Michael Bell. If I remember correctly there is a Jaguar factory at Crewe?

Thanks Phil, it's Bentley motors. Used to Rolls Royce and Bentley a few years ago.
Mike

pberggren1
09-15-2013, 09:56 PM
And who would not love a nice Brooklands.