PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Cat Scan Results

Auntie TooToo
09-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Okay, so after finally starting treatment back on 8/16/2013, my respiratory issues started acting up after several days. After speaking with pulmonary, had stat catscan of chest done and went into office last week for results. Thankfully, didn't end up in hospital as he anticipated and was able to deal with just medication changes pertaining to the respiratory issues in the ct scan. However, there were some other findings that showed up in the cat scan [although incomplete image viewed]; I have copies of report to take to rheumy on Tuesday 9/17/13 so that she can review/advise. Here is what was reported:

Calcified Spleen granulomas
Calcification Upper Right Kidney 5mm

I know that WG's is known to attach the kidney's and my rheumy has expressed concern and is watching this closely. I have been looking up these specific findings, but limited info found ... so If anyone can share any tidbits of information I would certainly appreciate it. I am not one to overly stress or panic, I am just trying to education myself and stay on top of things the best that I can with this disease.

Thank ya'll so much

gilders
09-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Hi. I tried to reply last night (UK time), but my tablet doesn't like any website where I input text.

1. "tosis" means result of. You have granulomas in the spleen. That, to me, adds up to Granulomatosis. So in my opinion I'd say it looks like a connecting with WG.

2. Couldn't really say if this is WG related. It's obviously not from taking high dose Calcium supplements for many years (to combat Pred effects on bones) as you've only recently started treatment.

Although I think "1." is connected to WG, it doesn't necessarily mean your WG is active. Even if it has caused a lot of damage to your spleen, you can live with out it.

So please don't worry. It's great that your rheumy is watching closely though.

Auntie TooToo
09-14-2013, 06:24 AM
Thanks gliders for your response ... wouldn't really say that I'm too worried at this point. Just wanting to research as I like to educate myself; my thought is the "if" something else is happening, I would prefer that we find it early so that it can be addressed as the sooner the doc's get on top of something, the better it is for the patient.