PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: Additional CT Findings

Auntie TooToo
09-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Okay, so I don't go back to my rheumy until Tuesday 9/17/13 and a couple of things showed up on a chest cat scan that I

had to do for my pulmonary doctor last week. Pulmonary only discussed with me the results as it pertains to cryptococcal

infection/respiratory involvement; gave me copy to take to rheumy. My rheumy is constantly checking kidney's for signs of

involvement, but so far urine tests only and they have been negative; so i'm not really stessing about it, but would like to to

know if anyone could share any insight into if it's possibly related to Wegeners'. Here are the additional findings:

1: Calcification upper right kidney [5 mm in extent visualized;imcomplete image]

2: Calcified spleen granulomas

Any information that ya'll could share would be very much appreciated ... I've done some research, but I think it would be

more helpful to hear from those who are going through this "mess" the same as I.

Sjap0655
10-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Hello!

The only insight I can give is to have them biopsy the kidney. With WG's, blood work can come back normal however you can still have necrosis going on in areas. In my case, somewhat similar, I had a ultrasound that showed a cyst (lesion, tumor) on top of my kidney. My labs were coming back in the normal range but my rheumy was insistent on getting a biopsy to ensure thing were fine. The biopsy came back with WG activity and they started me on a treatment plan to reduce inflammation even though my kidneys were functioning well and labs are good. The critical part of WG i'm told is to stop it before it gets out of control. I've now had two infusion treatments of RTX and will be monitored to see if this resolves the problem.

My advise is don't let the labs be enough, push to get a biopsy and confirm no activity!