PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Latitudinal Gradient for Wegs? -Article

Wegetarian
09-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Differences in the Incidence of Microscopic Polyangiitis and Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (Wegener’s). Is There a Latitudinal Gradient?

Differences in the Incidence of Microscopic Polyangiitis and Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (Wegener?s). Is There a Latitudinal Gradient? (http://www.jrheum.org/content/38/11/2494.2.full)

Interesting article about how MPA and GPA proportions of cases seem to differ depending on the location. This was briefly discussed here related in another thread, but here is a nice article with maps.

mishb
09-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Really - location location ???:confused1:

Can I say, I don't believe it :unsure:

Being someone from one of those North/Swiss type areas - do you believe the difference in incidences to be true to your Country?
I'm pretty sure it's not true to Australia and New Zealand.

I would have liked to have seen more numbers - especially in the USA states

I think I'm still unsure - I have been told to move to a warmer climate and then you wont have WG......but my guess is Arizona (USA) is fairly warm and people there still have WG. The top of Australia is certainly warmer than the bottom half (being Melbourne or Tasmania) yet WG is not limited in these areas.
I am also in a MPA group on fb and there are just as many as WG.
Sorry, my personal thoughts are that there is not a latitudinal grandient :razz: