PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get big swollen joints when their disease is active?

Cekmsover
09-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I wanted to know if others have had real bad joint pain and swelling in their knees's and other joints, basically all over the body?

My wegs has been in my eyes and joints. I wasnt sure if you just get sore joints (arthgalia) or big swollen ones as well (arthritis).

Feeling really low today, ones of those days where I just feel like giving in and going to sleep permanently, bugga. :sad:

mark
09-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Yes. The best thing I have found is when my rheumatologist put me on a schedule of prednisone 3 times a day, usually at 20 mg a dose. This allows the medication to have a longer affect in the joints instead of in and out one time a day. With prednisone peaking in 1 to 2 hours and having a half-life of about 4 hours this dosing controls my pain without the use of analgesics. I can definitely feel the effects coming off so that is when I know it is time to re-medicate and eat. I am currently on this amount and the pain was gown within the first 24 hours.

As is and always, Do Not tamper with your medication dose on your own, rather consult with the physician that proscribes your prednisone as to what is best for you. There may be another reasons why you are being given this medication in the manner in which it is prescribed.

NikkiNicole
09-10-2013, 07:34 AM
I do get major joint pain and it's always the ones we need the most! First it was shoulders. One shoulder, then the other, then both. Then, my hips, first one, then the other, then both. I borrowed a cane because it was the only way I could walk. When I was finally getting some relief from that ... my knees started in. AHHHH!
Thankfully, I've been pain free (in the joints anyway) for over a month! Now, if my nose and face would just stop hurting!