PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found

Sangye
07-19-2009, 12:22 AM
This morning I noticed I have a waistline again. It went missing 3 yrs ago, when I started pred

It's a result of the pool PT. Even though I've missed a lot of sessions, the ones I've done have really made a difference.

It still amazes me how much I can do in a pool, even on very weak or sore days. And how much stronger you can get doing ridiculously easy exercises. I'm officially adding it to my "Things I Will Pester Other Weggies About" list. :D

Doug
07-19-2009, 01:00 AM
My mother was a life long advocate of what you say Sangye. For those with YMCAs or public pools, there may even be adaptive aquatics classes for people with chronic or birth disabilities and limitations. The Red Cross, I know, has such classes. Of course, in cities, hospitals may offer similar classes to help people maximize the benefits of high-resistance/low-impact water exercises. Great posting, Sangye! I'm surprised it didn't occur to me to bring this up! :)

coffeelover
07-19-2009, 06:02 AM
This is awesome Sanye! I am so glad you found this avenue of physical activity. Now I need to get motivated too!
LIsa

andrew
07-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Congrats on recovering the waistline, well done!

Edit: yws, also excellent tip on the pool PT sessions. Did them myself oh so many years ago and it's surprising how much benefit it can be.

jola57
07-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Sangye, congrats now where is that polka dot bikini?

Sangye
07-29-2009, 05:58 AM
LOL! It's still a big waistline, but at least it's the right shape! How big are the polka dots on that bikini? Big enough to hide behind?? :D