PDA

View Full Version : How do i get pregnant with WG?

clkirby79
07-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I was diagnosed with WG when i was 18 and i will be 30 in october. I have founf the man i want to be with and i want to have a family. Are adoption or egg donations my only option? Has anyone out there got pregant with WG?

clkirby79
07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Jack
07-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Wrong sex to get pregnant, but I sympathise with your plight. Many of the drugs we take result in infertility or birth defects so the prospect of a natural family is often out. However, alternatives can be just as good. :)
My own two daughters are the result of adoption in one case and A.I.D. in the other and this treatment was funded by the NHS. I can't imagine loving them more if they were my biological children and the thought has never crossed my mind.

andrew
07-17-2009, 04:02 PM
I have the same problem from the male point of view :) Have you had a fertility test?

Doug
07-19-2009, 04:20 AM
I was diagnosed with WG when i was 18 and i will be 30 in october. I have founf the man i want to be with and i want to have a family. Are adoption or egg donations my only option? Has anyone out there got pregant with WG?

Vasculitis and kidney involvement in pregnancy: evidence-based medicine and ethics bear upon clinical choices -- Piccoli et al. 19 (11): 2909 -- Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation (http://ndt.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/19/11/2909)

Here's a start. There are many articles on this topic. Google pregnancy and Wegener's granulomatosis. The link above has a table outlining consequences, which, of course, is part of your concern if you were to conceive. The main thing is to talk with your doctor. Use the article as a starting point. Read up on the topic, and write down your concerns and questions as they come up while you read. This is much too important an issue to rely on memory. :confused:

jsundberg
12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi. I got pregnant during a flare up. I also had symptoms at 18 but was missdiagnosed until I was 23; three months after my daughter was born. I guess I haven't looked into any research at all. Is it hard to get pregnant with WG? I hope not. I've been of Methotrexate waiting for my 6month mark to be "washed out" of it so we can try again.

Sangye
12-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Wegs itself doesn't cause infertility, but cytoxan can. Also, the hormonal disruption caused by pred can make things difficult.