PDA

View Full Version : Changing avatar pics

Debbie C
08-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Is mb bigger than kb ? I'm trying to change my pic and it won't work. It's in kb and I don't know if it's too big or not. I tried sharing and it went thru but not to this website !!! So now I have pics floating around in cyberspce . Sorry to be so stupid but I got lucky on the first pic. !!!

Pete
08-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Debra,

1 mb = 1,000 kb.

I'm not sure what the max size is for avatar pix on this site. Perhaps Andrew will chime in.

Alysia
08-12-2013, 01:17 AM
if the pic is too big then it is written after you try to load it.

Pete
08-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi Debra,

Did some nosing around on the site to see if I could figure out how to change avatar photos. Here goes:
1. At the top right of the home page, click on "settings".
2. On the next screen, go to "My settings" and select "Edit Avatar".
3. Select "Custom Avatar"
4. Follow option 1 or option 2. Option 1 is to select the URL of the graphic you want to use. Option 2 is the location and filename of the new avatar you have stored on your computer.
5. Click on "Save Changes" at lower right of screen. You're done.

The maximum file size is 40 kb or 200x200 pixels.

Hope this works.

Debbie C
08-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Well I tried that ,my pic is 5.71 mb, I think that must be too big..Is there a way to shrink it,I tried to crop it but no good either. My camera takes everything like that. So I guess ya'll will just get the beach scene for now

Dirty Don
08-12-2013, 01:45 PM
There should be a photo editor program on your puter (free or paid). If so, then open that program, find your pic on the puter wherever you saved it, open it in the photo program, resave it in the smallest range possible...your pic may/should fit in here if you can do that.

Debbie C
08-12-2013, 02:25 PM
There should be a photo editor program on your puter (free or paid). If so, then open that program, find your pic on the puter wherever you saved it, open it in the photo program, resave it in the smallest range possible...your pic may/should fit in here if you can do that.

WHAT ?????:confused1: I know how to type and I have to recheck that !

andrew
08-13-2013, 12:30 AM
What idiot made the maximum file size 40kb???? Oh....wait.....*embarrassed smile*

Should be 80kb now, a little more respectable.

Debra, email me the pic if you like and I'll set it up for you.

renidrag
08-13-2013, 02:02 AM
What a guy!