PDA

View Full Version : View all your threads or posts

andrew
08-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi all
You should see a new link near the top of the page called "View Your Threads or Posts". It's at the end of the links under the "What's New" button.

This will surprisingly allow you to view all your threads or posts <-- hahaha?? Sorry.

The idea was given to me by Stephwest - although he doesn't know it yet :) Thanks!!!

This will make it easier if you want to track what you've posted whether or not it has been replied to.

annekat
08-06-2013, 09:15 AM
I just found it and tried it, and it works! Thanks, Andrew, that is a nice feature. It sure shows me how much time I spend on here! It is a very important part of my life.

mishb
08-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I see where it is - but i'm too scared to open it :scared::razz:

- I think I could do without that little button...............but not without this place

drz
08-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Hi all
You should see a new link near the top of the page called "View Your Threads or Posts". It's at the end of the links under the "What's New" button.

This will surprisingly allow you to view all your threads or posts <-- hahaha?? Sorry.

The idea was given to me by Stephwest - although he doesn't know it yet :) Thanks!!!

This will make it easier if you want to track what you've posted whether or not it has been replied to.

I like the fact i can find old threads I started now. I looked at one old one of mine on TURP vs TUNA and noted there are two posts by two of dear departed members. Al showing his wit and Lightwarrior her helpful compassionate attitude. Miss them both.

Alysia
08-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Hi andrew, sorry, but I think I don't have it... ? or I didn't find it .... ?
should I do something to make it apears or it is just supposed to be there ?

annekat
08-07-2013, 02:50 AM
It is there at the top of the page, right after Feedback and Announcements, but the button does not appear to activated at this time.... it is not highlighted like the others and nothing happens when I hover over it or try to click it.

andrew
08-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi andrew, sorry, but I think I don't have it... ? or I didn't find it .... ?
should I do something to make it apears or it is just supposed to be there ?

Note that it doesn't appear in the 'what's new' page (just discovered this) - was that where you were looking?

annekat
08-08-2013, 01:51 AM
It is there at the top of the page, right after Feedback and Announcements, but the button does not appear to activated at this time.... it is not highlighted like the others and nothing happens when I hover over it or try to click it. Oh, I see I was mistaken.... it DOES appear in the dark blue band at the end of the horizontal list of features that starts with New Posts. It IS highlighted and clickable. I was looking below that at the title to the thread I am currently on and mistaking that for the button.

Alysia
08-08-2013, 02:16 AM
Note that it doesn't appear in the 'what's new' page (just discovered this) - was that where you were looking?

Hi andrew, thank you so much.
I have it today. yesteraday it wasnt there, or maybe I didnt find it ....?
anyway, it is there and it is great ! you are great :thumbup:

Wegetarian
08-12-2013, 04:52 AM
Strange, it doesn't work the way I expected. When I click the button for all my threads I only see one. I created three threads, but the one shown is the only one with replies. Dunno, maybe it just displays the active ones?

This is the button I used:

The results I see:

But if I navigate to the new user stories I'll see a thread I started which is not on the list.

Not really an issue for me, was just surprised it wouldn't show all my threads.

BTW is there an option to show more posts per page of each thread? I usually have 50 or 100 selected so I get one page per thread in most forums, but here the default setting seems a bit low. Not really an issue, but was wondering if I just missed the custom for setting for that when I set up my account.

andrew
08-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Hi de hi
I've discovered that there's a delay between posting a thread/post and having it appear in the "View your threads or posts" link. Why? I don't know. There's no support for the plugin that I used :)

You can find the setting to show a preset number of posts per thread in:

settings -> general settings -> scroll down to thread display options

Change the "number of posts to show per page" option.

Hope that helps! :)

Wegetarian
08-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Hi Andrew!

I managed to change the settings for the posts with your instuctions. Thanks :) Had a feeling I just missed it.

The thread however is a lot more consuming. I noticed the thread is not visible at all when I visited the forum with my Ipad. Strangely I can see it when I'm logged in, but it seems to be invisible for anyone else than me.

Here is a direct link to the thread, it opens fine for me but when I pasted it in another thread I was told by another user that he couldn't open it. I also get an error if I try to access it without being logged in:
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/new-member-introductions/3245-hello-europe.html

Check out this screen shot, on the left side I have Chrome and I'm viewing the same forum and can see the thread in question. On the right side I have IE and am not logged in. The thread is not displayed where it should be (by the arrow) even though I'm accessing the forum at the exact same time with two browsers. Haven't noticed this kind of issue before, but it might explain why I can't see my threads from "view your threads" I.e. it only shows the one even though it says "Results 1 to 1 of 3"

http://content.screencast.com/users/temporaryfolder/folders/Jing/media/4010773b-6c24-4322-af1c-5105153eca5c/2013-08-12_1657.png

Wegetarian
08-13-2013, 02:21 AM
There might be some issue with my account, I was wondering why the two threads weren't visible so I tried to bump one of them to see if it would get fixed.

After sumbitting my post I'm informed that its not visible until approved by a moderator, so I guess the threads and post are in some kind of limbo then?

Direct link to thread:
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/3246-weg-wiki-page.html

Error screen shot:

http://content.screencast.com/users/temporaryfolder/folders/Jing/media/c802c608-d5a6-438e-931c-52c5b6f29ca7/00000013.png

Wegetarian
08-14-2013, 05:00 PM
I just created a new thread in the introductory section, and copy pasted the original post from the thread that was only visible to me. Now it seems to work properly, i.e. I can open the new thread even when not logged in to the forum.

It might be a good idea to investigate the issue though. I mean its really confusing for the user when threads are created which aren't visible.

I suppose I could do the same for the one other thread I have that never became public.