PDA

View Full Version : Weird One

Psyborg
07-31-2013, 11:43 PM
So I'm pretty sure this isn't a Wegs thing, but I figured I'd ask as it's odd and I'm suspicious of anything to potentially be related :).

The skin on the soles of my feet suddenly decide to peel off massively. Like thick chunks coming off. No pain involved other than a bit sensitive on the underlaying skin. Reminiscent of what used to happen on my hands all the time, but stopped when I started on the Prednisone (my suspicion anyway). Was just wondering if anyone else had experience this, or if I'm part snake :)

pberggren1
08-01-2013, 02:07 AM
That is weird for sure. Very odd. I would ask your doc right away.

Dirty Don
08-01-2013, 03:55 AM
My 'new' rheumy is one who checks the soles of feet for ulcers and peeling skin as part of his scan for WG. I'm not sure, but it's something he feels indicates flaring. Don't know if that's what you're experiencing Bob, but I had that same issue as a teenager...yeah, it was kind of snaky feeling!

pberggren1
08-01-2013, 05:53 AM
That's interesting Don about your doc and how he checks for disease activity.

drz
08-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Skin problems become more common with GPA the longer we have the disease. This was something I learned recently.

Psyborg
08-01-2013, 08:33 AM
I wasn't sure if it was worth bugging the doc about. I've been feeling find pretty much.

Dirty Don
08-01-2013, 09:12 AM
That's interesting Don about your doc and how he checks for disease activity.

He's brand new to me, he'd never seen me before, so I assume he was giving me the once over, as did his NP...sheesh. He, Dr. Richard Merkz (Mertz?), specializes in WG, so I'm in good hands...it was just weird to me as I've been at this for 2 years now...hehe!

Barbara N
08-02-2013, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=Psyborg;71136]So I'm pretty sure this isn't a Wegs thing, but I figured I'd ask as it's odd and I'm suspicious of anything to potentially be related :).

The skin on the soles of my feet suddenly decide to peel off massively. Like thick chunks coming off. No pain involved other than a bit sensitive on the underlaying skin. Reminiscent of what used to happen on my hands all the time, but stopped when I started on the Prednisone (my suspicion anyway). Was just wondering if anyone else had experience this, or if I'm part snake :)[/QUOTE I'm just getting over having it on my hands and it was the Pred that got them functioning again. I didn't want to take it but my country doctror told me all of the anti-bilotics and creams wouldn't work, I had to go back on Pred. I believe him and it has worked, now I have to figfure out when and how to slowly come off the stuff.

Anth
08-02-2013, 04:41 PM
So I'm pretty sure this isn't a Wegs thing, but I figured I'd ask as it's odd and I'm suspicious of anything to potentially be related :).

The skin on the soles of my feet suddenly decide to peel off massively. Like thick chunks coming off. No pain involved other than a bit sensitive on the underlaying skin. Reminiscent of what used to happen on my hands all the time, but stopped when I started on the Prednisone (my suspicion anyway). Was just wondering if anyone else had experience this, or if I'm part snake :)

Hey Psyborg, I also get skin (things) sort of like warts but not.. on my elbows and hands, small red lumps that dry up and fall off.. also a bit of dry skin.

What medication are you on?

chrisTIn@
08-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Very scary Bob! I hope prednisone will do the trick. I am curious what your doc will say about it. Please keep us posted...

Psyborg
08-07-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm on Immuran and Prednisone at the moment. Everything appears to have cleared up. Just seemed weird that it peeled to that degree :)